Sign in to follow this  
Eikokurai

Haru 2021 Osaka bound

Definitely good news. I wonder if we’ll see a jungyo next summer? That would really mean a return to full normalcy. 

"The decision has been made, but now we have to rack our brains and see how it will be done without endangering the rikishi. The lodgings in the local bashos (Osaka, Nagoya, Kyushu) are rented. Our heya, for example, rents a part of a youth hostel, where you can't avoid mingling with outsiders. We have to think this through very carefully.." said Shibatayama PR man. All local bashos were moved to Tokyo after the outbreak of the virus and this will be a full year since one was last held outside of Tokyo.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Thanks 2

Covid19 vaccine will be available soon. With most people injected the vaccine, things will be back to normal. 

6 hours ago, Dapeng said:

Covid19 vaccine will be available soon. With most people injected the vaccine, things will be back to normal. 

Or it could backfire because people get complacent, overcompensate, and go hog wild, leading to a third wave. I'd like things to be normal again, but I wouldn't celebrate a vaccine just yet. If there's anything this year has told us, it's that idiocy abounds.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dapeng said:

Haru is less than five months from now. I don’t think we’ll be close to having most people vaccinated by then. This basho will probably still have some restrictions in place.

1 hour ago, Seiyashi said:

If there's anything this year has told us, it's that idiocy abounds.

I realised years ago that around 50% of the population have to be below average intelligence - otherwise it wouldn't be the average.

Yep, this year has been a spectacular example. I'll say nowt about 2016 because we don't do politics here.

• Like 1

And please stick to sumo-related. The rest is off-topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Eikokurai said:

Haru is less than five months from now. I don’t think we’ll be close to having most people vaccinated by then. This basho will probably still have some restrictions in place.

By March next year at least the vulnerable population including rikishi are expected to be vaccinated. If not the Haru basho, the summer basho will be back to normal. The post infection immunity seems strong because very few got infected again. The vaccine should be very effective too.