Sign in to follow this  
Akinomaki

Former Takanofuji activities

23 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

The new Mr. Sudario won his debut fight by TKO

In the interview he thanked first his wife, his mother, Konishiki, who had introduced him to Enson, Enson and his other coach

At the weigh-in Sudario was 112.85kg, his opponent 107.65kg. o

What I didn't know about the twins is that their mother is Filipino, and she raised the brothers and their sister alone in Japan. His ring-name Sudario comes from her real name.  In a long interview before the fight he told that his wife had encouraged him to go into MMA, after he had no desire any more to appear before a crowd. Enson is a kohai of Konishiki from school in Hawaii, that was the connection.

He expressed his gratitude to Taka, with the immense feeling of guilt that he acted contrary to his teachings. He doesn't want to forget those lessons in the MMA world.

http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/fight/rizin/2217492/

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 3

At what point will this thread will go so far on his mma career that it will not be relevant to the ozumo discussion?

1 hour ago, rhyen said:

At what point will this thread will go so far on his mma career that it will not be relevant to the ozumo discussion?

When Takagenji has joined him

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 27/09/2020 at 20:06, Akinomaki said:

The new Mr. Sudario won his debut fight by TKO

RIZIN posted a recap of the fight, with high-res video (I replaced it above) and pics https://jp.rizinff.com/_ct/17398552/p2

The doctor had stopped the fight due to suspicion of bone fracture, and indeed opponent Dylan was reported with several fractured facial bones, especially the cheek bone.

Sudario's contract with RIZIN was with a weight of 130kg, he had no need to slim down to 112kg, but now may drop his weight even further.

the news reported it today, interviewed after the fight

origin_1.jpgo

• Like 1

On 28/09/2020 at 19:55, rhyen said:

Well it's not exactly a "new Takanofuji scandal" now, so maybe the mods could split the MMA stuff off into a "Former Takanofuji activities" thread, and let this one die.

Edited by Jakusotsu
Done.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

Next fight for Sudario: At RIZIN.26 in the Saitama Arena on New Year's Eve, vs. 44y old Minowaman, (172cm, 88kg) (MMA rule, -120kg)

60d776e5ce766850c3f7fe6a59c0d31d-450x349.jpgo 20201202-OHT1I50198-N.jpgo

Press conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWx2apyB-RQ&t=27m30s

This is a terrible fight for him, too early in his career to fight a veteran like Minowa who's the giant killer himself.

Unless he manages to improve tons in his ground game he will get submitted no doubt.

4 hours ago, Joaoiyama said:

This is a terrible fight for him, too early in his career to fight a veteran like Minowa who's the giant killer himself.

Unless he manages to improve tons in his ground game he will get submitted no doubt.

Always tricky to say with someone like Minowa, who is well past his prime, and whose last MMA fight was over three years ago. Might be more even than it seems at first glance.

For some reason it smells a bit like a work to me, but that is not backed up by anything at all and is more than a little unkind to both Takanofuji and Minowa, as well as Takanofuji's shisho Enson Inoue, that latter two for whom I have the utmost respect.

And Tsuyoshi has won by TKO (referee stoppage) in round 2; a leg kick followed up with punches did the trick according to the real-time reporting over at Sherdog. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 31/12/2020 at 06:50, Tochinofuji said:

And Tsuyoshi has won by TKO (referee stoppage) in round 2; a leg kick followed up with punches did the trick according to the real-time reporting over at Sherdog. 

202012310000312-w200_0.jpgo b_13976699.jpgo 202012310000312-w200_1.jpgo

Interviewed (English, he answered Japanese, Enson Inoue does most of the talk) for RIZIN a few days ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C-vFIM_WC4

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 31/12/2020 at 06:50, Tochinofuji said:

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Akinomaki said:

Of some note, he outweighed Minowa by essentially 32kg(!) at the weigh in (114.65kg to Minowa's 82.7). 

He looked like he was moving better than I thought, but I'd say that wasn't a convincing outing. 

7 hours ago, Tochinofuji said:

Of some note, he outweighed Minowa by essentially 32kg(!) at the weigh in (114.65kg to Minowa's 82.7). 

He looked like he was moving better than I thought, but I'd say that wasn't a convincing outing. 

Not to mention that he was fighting someone old enough to be his father. 

I guess putting him in "Off-Topic: Former Takanofuji activities" rather than "Off-topic"Former rikishi activities" is a subtle, Nihonesque put-down.  We will see -- "if he commits seppuku, he understands our meaning; otherwise, he is the dog we knew him to be."

Just in case anyone wanted to see his preparations for his fight today/tonight/this weekend:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see Konishiki again and hear speak of Musashimaru and the differences with sumo. Omoshiroi deshita ... I wish I understood more Japanese. 

Well, I suppose you can take the boy out of sumo, but apparently he'll take the dame-oshi with him wherever he goes. 

On 21/03/2021 at 19:50, Akinomaki said:

Record  speed TKO win for Sudario vs. Miyamoto today

and he got into a quarrel afterwards as well

For continuing to punch the opponent after the fight was stopped, Sudario received a penalty of 25% of the fight money, his trainer Enson Inoue received "chui" warning for continuing the quarrel with the second of Miyamoto, who received a "keikoku" warning for violent behavior towards Sudario. http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/fight/rizin/2931075/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

For continuing to punch the opponent after the fight was stopped, Sudario received a penalty of 25% of the fight money, his trainer Enson Inoue received "chui" warning for continuing the quarrel with the second of Miyamoto, who received a "keikoku" warning for violent behavior towards Sudario. http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/fight/rizin/2931075/

Oh good. But I doubt that the bully will change his spots. It seems to be part of his fighting style.