Sign in to follow this  
Akinomaki

Ex-Taka-twins activities

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 23/03/2022 at 16:32, Akinomaki said:

Takagenji/Takakenshin will have his debut fight at RIZIN Trigger 3rd on April 16th, against ex-policeman Hideki “Shrek” Sekine jp.rizinff.com/_tags/関根“シュレック”秀樹

He wants to win by breaking facial bones

And now the escalation. I don't know if MMA has heels, so I say that Takakenshin cherishes the role of a villain - he wants to make sure nobody will be rooting for him in his fights: "I decided to definitely get my opponent stained in blood". He said before that he always wanted to hit people and now is happy that he'll be "earning money by hitting people".

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 08/04/2022 at 20:32, Akinomaki said:

Takagenji/Takakenshin will have his debut fight at RIZIN Trigger 3rd on April 16th, against ex-policeman Hideki “Shrek” Sekine jp.rizinff.com/_tags/関根“シュレック”秀樹

He wants to win by breaking facial bones

Weigh-in today for MMA shindeshi Takakenshin: 133.45kg vs. 115.05kg for the opponent, who will gambarize to not get his face split.

b_15221872.jpgo 4.jpgob_15221863.jpgo 202204150000623-w200_0.jpgo  b_15221862.jpgo

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

Big mouth Takakenshin lost his debut fight in the 2nd round by TKO, Shrek did a war cry afterwards

202204150001459-w200_22.jpgo20220416-OHT1I51246-N.jpgob_15225297.jpgo942a7acb833b80e6a4f5dcb08b4da50e-450x388.jpgo 202204160000829-w200_1.jpgo20220416-OHT1I51247-N.jpgo b_15225695.jpgo202204150001459-w200_23.jpgo202204150001459-w200_21.jpgob_15225693.jpgo b_15225339.jpgob_15225694.jpgo202204160000829-w200_0.jpgo202204150001459-w200_24.jpgo b_15225298.jpgo 202204150001459-w200_0.jpgo 202204150001459-w200_25.jpgo 20220416-OHT1I51248-N.jpgo202204160000829-w200_2.jpgo

post-fight interview

The RIZIN guys expected more from him, the CEO: "I don't want to hear excuses. For the next while there is no use (for him)." - maybe this is already the end of his MMA career

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

The RIZIN guys expected more from him, the CEO: "I don't want to hear excuses. For the next while there is no use (for him)." - maybe this is already the end of his MMA career

- there was no need to have his debut fight in April, he is too heavy, he should have dropped his weight to 120kg - go to America for 1, 2 years and train, before that we have no use for you

The debut was originally planned for August, September

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/battle/news/2022/04/16/kiji/20220416s00003000648000c.html

The fight (likely a short lived video, RIZIN will post the proper one later)

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

His standup was decent for a novice MMA fighter, but as soon as Shrek decided to grapple that was it. Handled like it was man vs boy. As much as I dislike him it got uncomfortable to watch at the end.

Edited by Katooshu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Next the other brother fights the Shrek, Sudario vs. Hideki “Shrek” Sekine is scheduled for July 31st at the Saitama Super Arena for RIZIN 37. Sudario got injured last November and had no fight for a while. About a comparison to his brother: "At this stage the level is different". The 2 had no exchange of information. https://www.daily.co.jp/ring/2022/06/24/0015413245.shtml

b_15413246.jpgo  b_15413247.jpgo 202206240000610-w200_1.jpgo

202206240000610-w200_0.jpgo b_15415224.jpgo

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

Next the other brother fights the Shrek, Sudario vs. Hideki “Shrek” Sekine is scheduled for July 31st at the Saitama Super Arena for RIZIN 37. Sudario got injured last November and had no fight for a while. About a comparison to his brother: "At this stage the level is different". The 2 had no exchange of information. https://www.daily.co.jp/ring/2022/06/24/0015413245.shtml

b_15413246.jpgo  b_15413247.jpgo 202206240000610-w200_1.jpgo

202206240000610-w200_0.jpgo

Can't say I ever thought I'd see the day where Shrek was a gatekeeper of sorts, but this is rather fun. Will be cheering for him to take the win. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tochinofuji said:

Can't say I ever thought I'd see the day where Shrek was a gatekeeper of sorts, but this is rather fun. Will be cheering for him to take the win. 

I don't wish them to get injured or have bad health but I don't like the twins. I am always cheering for the other guy to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/06/2022 at 12:05, Akinomaki said:

Next the other brother fights the Shrek, Sudario vs. Hideki “Shrek” Sekine is scheduled for July 31st at the Saitama Super Arena for RIZIN 37. Sudario got injured last November and had no fight for a while. About a comparison to his brother: "At this stage the level is different". The 2 had no exchange of information.

Both go into the fight at 117kg.

After his left knee injury Sudario was in the US to train, with Timothy Johnson and others

b_15514379.jpgo b_15514378.jpgo b_15514377.jpgo b_15511282.jpgo

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tochinofuji said:

202207310000994-w200_6.jpgo202207310000994-w200_1.jpgo202207310000994-w200_0.jpgo 202207310000994-w200_3.jpgo b_15516786.jpgo202207310000994-w200_2.jpgo b_15516787.jpgo202207310000994-w200_4.jpgo202207310000994-w200_5.jpgo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqouDua3c98

later interview, he wants to fight foreign opponents and no longer Japanese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y8bnlBFkO8

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: Taka Twins vs. "Shrek"

Takagenji was 8-2 vs Yago, Takanofuji 1-0.

So, good performance against the real Shrek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this