Kintamayama

Preparations of the Y/O- November 2020

1 hour ago, pricklypomegranate said:

Thanks @Kintamayama for being so speedy for the past two days.

You are welcome- please keep doing these-you're doing a great job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seiyashi said:

Was this a pun? XD

It always is, even when it isn't..

3 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Yeah, he's back..

I’ve missed seeing those post-bout Hokuho love taps. It seems like he is feeling pretty good these last few days. Fingers are crossed we’ll see him next month. 

@RabidJohn Aww... (Inlove...)

Someone very important was missing at degeiko today. Very late, but here is the latest on Takakeisho - the picture below is from the Sumo Kyokai Twitter. Please enjoy Takakeisho working with the dumbbells: 

Source: https://www.nikkansports.com/battle/sumo/news/202010060000474.html

EkxUHzDVoAEv7OP?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Takakeisho did not come for the group degeiko today. Instead, he remained at Chiganoura-beya working on the basics. Earlier on, he said he wanted to decide on a plan and follow it through, so here are the results: 

Takakeisho: [On his plan] "The only thing left is to increase the power of my push, which I will work on. I must win [November] as I am an Ozeki." 

Epilogue 

Here on Herouth's Twitter you can see two of Hakuho's bouts with Mitakeumi - with a leg trip and delicious ankle grab. 

Edited by pricklypomegranate
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pricklypomegranate said:

Here on Herouth's Twitter you can see two of Hakuho's bouts with Mitakeumi - with a leg trip and delicious ankle grab. 

I just love seeing the GOAT Hakuho having fun (Applauding...)

5 hours ago, Hakuryuho said:

I just love seeing the GOAT Hakuho having fun (Applauding...)

Well, knowing Hakuho's playful and Mitakeumi's joyful personality and also the lack of warnings after, I hope the ankle grab was just in jest as he could have seriously injured that oyakata there. I know no harm, no foul, but he I just wish he wouldn't do these wholly unnecessary and unsafe things. 

Shoudai was called upon by Hakuhou today at the Kyokai training camp, resulting in a 1-19 thrashing. "I feel I am not hitting well.." he said later, somewhat an understatement, regarding his tachiai. Before the bouts he warmed up going 3-2 against various opponents. Grand total of the day? 4-21. "It's totally different from a basho, the keiko-ba. I'm just glad I got through it without injury.. Two weeks left till the basho starts, so hopefully I will be ready by then. "  The more bouts between them, the more Hakuhou was dominant. Whatever Shoudai tried, Hakuhou countered. "I did it! It was good keiko! " said Hakuhou later. No signs of his right knee injury that led to surgery. "It's still a bit stiff, but I thought if that's the extent of it, I can work with it," he added. He said he was joining the camp to find his spirit. How spirited was Shoudai? "I'll leave that to your imagination.." he summed. That's 43 bouts in two days for Hakuhou. "I started remembering all kinds of things from the past, so I guess that may account for the large number of bouts," he said cryptically. Takakeishou was absent again.

202010210000321-w1300_0.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

It's the last day of the joint degeiko. Let's see what the rikishi themselves have to say... 

Sources

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/sports/sumou/2323338/

https://www.nikkansports.com/battle/sumo/news/202010220000275.html

https://hochi.news/articles/20201022-OHT1T50090.html

https://www.nikkansports.com/m/battle/sumo/news/amp/202010220000674.html

1348010286_Screenshot2020-10-22at3_00_39PM.png.87ac7e696cf57817e8544212e7e82809.png

Takakeisho and Shodai did not show up for degeiko today. The newspapers did note Hakuho's perfect attendance, despite his injury and age. With the lack of Ozeki prey, Hakuho calmed down and got into a charitable mood giving advice to Kiribayama (see above) and sticking to basic exercises. (Laughing...)

Hakuho: [on joint degeiko] "Though I had a little discomfort and anxiety over my knee, it is nothing major. I'm glad I finished this week without any injuries and without wasting this opportunity. I tried to rebuild my body and regain my sumo sense. Through this, I hope I can make a comeback [in November]."

Additional [potentially worrying] information about Asanoyama has cropped up. 

Source: https://www.nikkansports.com/m/battle/sumo/news/amp/202010220000674.html

Asanoyama: [On not coming for the degeiko] "I have read articles theorising why I did not come for group practice. Well, I thought about what works well for me and did it in the heya. I will continue to work hard between now and shoinichi." 

Asanoyama: [On not allowing press into Takasago-beya today] "I'm sorry, but I wanted to concentrate today. Weight along is meaningless - it needs speed to accompany it. The number of spectators is increasing and it gives rikishi more of an incentive. I want to work hard and make sure I do not do shameful sumo."

No evidence about Asanoyama being secretive, but hmm. 

Also, Shodai and Asanoyama should follow the aforementioned showbiz advice and don't read (or at least don't read too closely) their reviews. 

Epilogue 

Here is some video footage of Shodai and Hakuho's bouts yesterday on Twitter. 

Edited by pricklypomegranate
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Takakeishou left the Kyokai training camp two days ago, never to return. "I have to go about it while listening to my body. I am the person who knows his own situation the best. That's the way I will be doing it, " he said. No sumo today, just barbells and dumbbells, squats and fundamentals and 100 pushups leaning on the elevated podium of the keiko-ba. "I still have to work on my stability, do some more bouts, and face the coming basho," he summed.

Showing Makushita Takakentou how to strengthen his upper body:
202010220000540-w1300_0.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 20/10/2020 at 17:47, Kintamayama said:

Yeah, he's back..

202010200000516-w500_0.jpg

The Sumo world, in a nutshell, since Asashoryu’s retirement 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Kintamayama said:
 Takakeishou left the Kyokai training camp two days ago, never to return. "I have to go about it while listening to my body. I am the person who knows his own situation the best. That's the way I will be doing it, " he said. No sumo today, just barbells and dumbbells, squats and fundamentals and 100 pushups leaning on the elevated podium of the keiko-ba. "I still have to work on my stability, do some more bouts, and face the coming basho," he summed.

Showing Makushita Takakentou how to strengthen his upper body:
202010220000540-w1300_0.jpg

Should this be interpreted that he’s not 100% and this basho will be a struggle? 

9 hours ago, Katsunorifuji said:

Should this be interpreted that he’s not 100% and this basho will be a struggle? 

Nobody will ever be 100%, and each basho is a struggle.

• Like 3