Sign in to follow this  
Akinomaki

New recruits Haru 2021

1 hour ago, Akinomaki said:

The shindeshi kensa was today, all 35 who were there passed the initial test and wait for the results of the medicals.

EvHhvBkVcAAuvel.jpg:thumbo

the 2 sdTD who really will do sumo this basho are in the focus - Kanno and Nishikawa

EvHhsarVcAAvuXo.jpg:thumbo EvHhtwAUUAAdR8l.jpg:thumbo

One who had applied didn't appear for the shin deshi kensa o

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2

On 23/01/2021 at 10:50, Akinomaki said:

For Tokiwayama-beya, 15y old Ikuto Fujiwara 藤原生翔 (185cm, 120kg) from the Toyota junior sumo club in Toyota city: "I want to become sekitori in 5 years."

Fujiwara is the first to join ozumo from the club, which has been in existence for six years now. He started sumo in 4th grade and participated in prefectural competitions in junior high school, which is where he first came to the attention of the (then) Chiganoura-beya scouts. Getting a right hand inside grip is his specialty.

A picture posted by the heya showed two new nameplates on the keikoba ranking board - Fujiwara is presumably 隆翔生, the first kanji from the shisho and the other two from his given name, reversed. Takashosei, perhaps? The other one looks like 隆太陸, maybe Takatairiku?

EuuWIEuU4AMwydb?format=jpg&name=large

On 19/02/2021 at 10:35, Akinomaki said:

Two 18y 3rd years from the sumo club of Tsushima high, Ehime for Yamahibiki-beya: Tsubasa Tanimoto 谷元飛翔 and Takuma Akisada 秋定拓真. Both are from Hyogo pref. On the 12th they had a farewell party at the school and on the 13th headed for Tokyo, for preparations to join and the shindeshi kensa.

They were joined by a third recruit for the heya, 茂司 知義, reading seems to be Haruchika Moji. I think he's from the sumo club of Minoshima high school in Wakayama prefecture, but he too is a Hyogo native. In both of these pictures he's the one in the middle.

K8fQDuEB_o.jpg

Nkow82U8_o.jpg

On 10/02/2021 at 15:53, Akinomaki said:

From Asanoyama's old Kureha middle school, Ryuki Tanimura  谷村竜喜 (15, 184cm, 147kg) will join Kokonoe-beya. He wants to surpass sempai Asanoyama, with whom he had the chance to train once. "I want to gambarize to make it in one go to makushita and juryo. There is no rikishi I aim for. Since my goal is yokozuna, I want to gambarize."

Tanimura's shikona will be 千代獅子, Chiyoshishi?

Second recruit for Kokonoe is 廣岡 大志, no reading given but amusingly they are the same kanji as a pro baseball player called Taishi Hirooka. I think it's safe to assume it's not actually him joining. (Laughing...) The shindeshi will take the shikona 千代鷹. Chiyotaka?

S__44548117_0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Yubinhaad said:

...EuuWIEuU4AMwydb?format=jpg&name=large

Takagenji was busy so they have used his cardboard cutout.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Yubinhaad said:
On 23/01/2021 at 11:50, Akinomaki said:

For Tokiwayama-beya, 15y old Ikuto Fujiwara 藤原生翔 (185cm, 120kg) from the Toyota junior sumo club in Toyota city: "I want to become sekitori in 5 years."

Fujiwara is the first to join ozumo from the club, which has been in existence for six years now. He started sumo in 4th grade and participated in prefectural competitions in junior high school, which is where he first came to the attention of the (then) Chiganoura-beya scouts. Getting a right hand inside grip is his specialty.

A picture posted by the heya showed two new nameplates on the keikoba ranking board - Fujiwara is presumably 隆翔生, the first kanji from the shisho and the other two from his given name, reversed. Takashosei, perhaps? The other one looks like 隆太陸, maybe Takatairiku?

On the heya twitter today: Riku Ito 伊藤 太陸 (15, 165cm - the limit for new middle school graduates, 96kg) from Mizunami, Gifu - 隆太陸 真道 Takatairiku Masamichi

EvNkHHmUUAEbHZS.jpg:large

EvNkHHmUUAEbHZS.jpg:thumb EvNj15_VIAEZk1H.jpg:thumbo

隆翔生 薫一  Takashouki Yoshikatsu for Ikuto Fujiwara (15, 188cm, 127kg)

EvNj15_VIAEZk1H.jpg:large

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Yubinhaad said:

EuuWIEuU4AMwydb?format=jpg&name=large

I call this picture the "Smile Gradient":

From the full one smile on the far left to the famous Takanosho grin, to Tokiwayama oyakata's half smile, to Takakeisho's trademark stoic facial expression all the way to Takagenji's defiant look.

I absolutely love this picture, it is pure gold :-D

Edited by Hakuryuho
  • Like 1

Joining Takasago-beya are the brothers Yoshida from Shima, Mie prefecture. Older brother Raiki (吉田 雷希), 22, joins from Tokai University's Shoyo High School in Shizuoka and is 167cm, 79kg. Younger brother Kiryu (吉田 桐龍), 18, joins from Gifu Agricultural & Forestry High School and is 169cm, 81kg.

While in elementary school they both attended the same sumo club as stablemates Asagyokusei and Murata, the latter also being from Shima.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Naganoyama said:

Takagenji was busy so they have used his cardboard cutout.

Takakento (i'm assuming that's who it is) even moreso.

• Like 1