Sign in to follow this  
Akinomaki

Kensho Aki 2020

About 1300 kensho have been applied for, last basho it were 1000. 2 new sponsors this basho.

Shibatayama: "Much appreciated. Kensho are a big encouragement for the rikishi and become action triggers."

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20200911/sum20091118500008-n1.html

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Day 1 - full:http://www.sumo.or.jp/pdf/honbasho/kansen/torikumi/2009_01.pdf

30:    Endo
15:    Takakeisho (M)
6:    Mitakeumi
5:    Tamawashi
5:    Takayasu
4:    Wakatakakage
3:    Shodai
3:    Terutsuyoshi
3:    Hoshoryu
2:    Kotoshoho
2:    Kiribayama
Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The Morinaga-sho this basho is again chosen on the net, for the 2nd day it was on Terunofuji and he again didn't get it. Tokushoryu got quite a bunch from Enho, who lost 4 yesterday and 9 today, against opponents with no fix sponsor. Kotoshogiku  and Tochinoshin have none either, Terutsuyoshi has Hakata salt. Tatsunami-beya has a sponsor, Meisei and Hoshoryu have 1 on their bouts each day from the makers of Manhattan donuts, Meisei has another personal sponsor as well. Takayasu has 3 each day from Tachihi holdings. http://www.sumo.or.jp/pdf/honbasho/kansen/torikumi/2009_02.pdf

Day 2

41:    Takakeisho
14:    Mitakeumi (M)
9:    Myogiryu
9:    Takayasu
9:    Tokushoryu
6:    Takanosho
5:    Tamawashi
4:    Shodai
4:    Daieisho
4:    Terutsuyoshi
4:    Kiribayama
4:    Wakatakakage
Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 4

Inevitably again the Morinaga-sho with Terunofuji, and this time he got it. Asanoyama is making the race look wide open, helping plenty of people into the rankings, and high when it's the last bout. In the end it should be between the 2 ozeki though, who take turns in the last bout with the big packs. Takakeisho has a big lead now and he generally gets more, but he may drop out later (4 basho with kyujo already) and Asanoyama most likely won't (0 kyujo) - full list

Day 3

41:    Takakeisho
26:    Terunofuji (M)
14:    Mitakeumi
12:    Shodai
11:    Takanosho
11:    Myogiryu
11:    Hokutofuji
9:    Takayasu
Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2

Surprise! Asanoyama didn't make it into the rankings, only 5 kensho on an even numbered day, Takakeisho thus is the absolute kensho favorite. Ozeki sake is back this Tokyo basho, they place kensho only in Tokyo and last basho was no proper one, it didn't count for them as replacement for Natsu. They put it on the last ozeki bout, which this time means really last bout. The Morinaga-sho was of course on Terunofuji again. - full list

Day 4

64:    Takakeisho
38:    Endo
34:    Terunofuji (M)
14:    Mitakeumi
14:    Takanosho
13:    Takayasu
12:    Shodai
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Morinaga-sho was on Takakeisho-Myogiryu. Tochinoshin after 1 with Yutakayama on day 3, today got the 4 from Takayasu. Enho against Ryuden got 5 today. Onosho so far only got the 3 from Enho on day 4. Meisei would have had his standard 2 against Kyokutaisei - the first canceled kensho this basho. Hoshoryu also got the Manhattan kensho like yesterday, plus the Mochi-kichi one for the first bout - full list

Day 5

75:    Takakeisho (M)
46:    Endo
41:    Terunofuji
26:    Asanoyama
20:    Mitakeumi
15:    Shodai
13:    Takayasu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Morinaga-sho stays with Takakeisho. The 4 kensho from Enho brought Kagayaki into the rankings, 8 in the first place is unusual for him: 4 from Takayasu, 3 from Tokushoryu and even 1 against Aoiyama, so he has a sponsor now, the baito-/part time job- search service company ENTry. Shodai as well gets 1 each day from them, as does Ryuden  - full list

Day 6

100:    Takakeisho (M)
45:    Terunofuji
32:    Asanoyama
32:    Mitakeumi
17:    Shodai
16:    Takayasu
13:    Hokutofuji
12:    Kagayaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Morinaga-sho was on the revenge match for what had cost Asanoyama his yusho chance last time. Terunofuji had his last big pack, the top 2 should be like that in the end, if Takakeisho manages to keep his injuries low level. Endo and Mitakeumi are big kensho magnets, if they win half of the remaining bouts, they could overtake Terunofuji, who also has a few sponsors though, quite more than Shodai. Terunofuji did CMs for Nagatanien and gets 2 each day from them, 1 from  the Japanese language school JSL and regularly a few more. Kotoshogiku got 5 as his return bonus  - full list

Day 7

111:    Takakeisho
58:    Asanoyama (M)
57:    Terunofuji
20:    Takayasu
17:    Shodai
15:    Takanosho
13:    Hokutofuji
13:    Kagayaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The first major canceled bout had 7 kensho planned. Tochinoshin from below into the rankings had 5 as of day 5 and yesterday 4 from Daiesho, so he added 29 today, including the Morinaga-sho. In case 28 were planned for the bout, none were redistributed to it, but I hate to check such a big list. Shodai had only 1 planned and got 2, Hokutofuji got 1 extra as well, so maybe also Daieisho - 7 were planned, earlier he had 4 from Hokutofuji and 2 with Yutakayama - full list

Day 8

61:    Terunofuji
58:    Asanoyama
38:    Tochinoshin (M)
25:    Takayasu
23:    Hokutofuji
19:    Shodai
15:    Takanosho
Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

The first major canceled bout had 7 kensho planned. Tochinoshin from below into the rankings had 5 as of day 5 and yesterday 4 from Daiesho, so he added 29 today, including the Morinaga-sho. In case 28 were planned for the bout, none were redistributed to it, but I hate to check such a big list. Shodai had only 1 planned and got 2, Hokutofuji got 1 extra as well, so maybe also Daieisho - 7 were planned, earlier he had 4 from Hokutofuji and 2 with Yutakayama - full list

Day 8

38:    Tochinoshin (M

I count 25 on the torikumi sheet, but I never know if certain ones may have multiples (generally they will list kensho multiple times iirc).  So if there were 25 scheduled kensho on that bout, then at least three were "redistributed".

Takakeisho's loss was Tochinoshin's gain, definitely.  Sort of made the henka worth trying.  I don't think Tochinoshin would have necessarily won the bout if he had fought straight up.  

• Thanks 1

Asanoyama had the Morinaga-sho and safely is in 2nd place now, the switch with Terunofuji was the only movement in the rankings today. Enho got 3 for his 2nd win  - full list

Day 9

122:    Takakeisho
82:    Asanoyama (M)
68:    Terunofuji
38:    Tochinoshin
37:    Mitakeumi
23:    Shodai
22:    Takanosho
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good day at the office today for Terutsuyoshi and Tobizaru.  Both men doubled their kensho totals for this tournament.  ;-)

21 hours ago, Amamaniac said:

Good day at the office today for Terutsuyoshi and Tobizaru.  Both men doubled their kensho totals for this tournament.  ;-)

Obviously you want revenge for checking the big pack and have me check this: Wakatakage only got the basic 3 from Takayasu and had 4 on day 1 alone, 1 each from Kagayaki and Ryuden and 2 from Takarafuji,

Tobizaru got the standard 2 from Meisei and had no as sponsored opponent Hoshoryu before, only and 1 by the NSK (complicated question: how much do they pay themselves for a kensho?) on day 7 on the bout of two 5-1 leaders, from Chiyotairu: they didn't double their totals, but about doubled their total

(combined)

Edited by Akinomaki

The next Asanoyama bout canceled, fortunately again not the musubi, again only 7 planned. I won't check how many went to the musubi no ichiban, the concluding bout of the day, which in the end had 34 including the Morinaga-sho. Shodai had 3 planned and got 5,  Mitakeumi really had 6, Tamawashi is not in the rankings, 7 were the plan (NHK showed them: 8). Tobizaru added 1 to his meager total - full list

Day 10

156:    Takakeisho (M)
82:    Asanoyama
68:    Terunofuji
43:    Mitakeumi
38:    Tochinoshin
28:    Shodai
25:    Takanosho
Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Akinomaki said:
18 hours ago, Amamaniac said:

Obviously you want revenge for checking the big pack and have me check this: Wakatakage only got the basic 3 from Takayasu and had 4 on day 1 alone, 1 each from Kagayaki and Ryuden and 2 from Takarafuji, Tobizaru got the standard 2 from Meisei and had no sponsored opponent before, only 1 by the NSK (complicated question: how much do they pay themselves for a kensho?) on day 7 on the bout of two 5-1 leaders, from Chiyotairu: they didn't double their totals, but about doubled their total

(combined)

Let's compare notes, shall we?

Re Terutsuyoshi: He got 3 kensho from Yutakayama on day 1 and one more from Tochinoshin on day 2, making a total of 4.  He had a series of six losses after that, but on day 9, he got 4 kensho from Okinoumi.  That constituted doubling his kensho total.

Re Tobizaru (he has been winning more bouts, but not necessarily getting much in the way of kensho): day 1 W/0ks, day 2 W/0ks, day 3 W/0ks, day 4 W/0ks, day 5 L, day 6 W/1ks, day 7 W/1ks, day 8 L, making a total of 2ks going into day 9.  And yes, he got "the standard 2" from Meisei, thus doubling his kensho total.

Perhaps my phraseology was confusing, but both wrestlers left the ring on day 9 with twice as many kensho in their pockets as they had going into day 9.  Please advise me if my above calculations are wrong.  I had absolutely no desire for "revenge for checking the big pack".  I did that happily, since I was curious to know.

As for the day 9 comment, I was simply making an observation about what I saw in the kensho distributions that day.  After all, we are in this together, are we not? (Hugging...)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Amamaniac said:

Let's compare notes, shall we?

Re Terutsuyoshi: He got 3 kensho from Yutakayama on day 1 and one more from Tochinoshin on day 2, making a total of 4.  He had a series of six losses after that, but on day 9, he got 4 kensho from Okinoumi.  That constituted doubling his kensho total.

Re Tobizaru (he has been winning more bouts, but not necessarily getting much in the way of kensho): day 1 W/0ks, day 2 W/0ks, day 3 W/0ks, day 4 W/0ks, day 5 L, day 6 W/1ks, day 7 W/1ks, day 8 L, making a total of 2ks going into day 9.  And yes, he got "the standard 2" from Meisei, thus doubling his kensho total.

Perhaps my phraseology was confusing, but both wrestlers left the ring on day 9 with twice as many kensho in their pockets as they had going into day 9.  Please advise me if my above calculations are wrong.  I had absolutely no desire for "revenge for checking the big pack".  I did that happily, since I was curious to know.

As for the day 9 comment, I was simply making an observation about what I saw in the kensho distributions that day.  After all, we are in this together, are we not? (Hugging...)

You are definitely more careful in checking the lists and taking notes - I have none and not even checked the right guy, Wakatakakage instead of Terutsuyoshi - I think I mentioned some times (and it keeps showing) that names are my extra weak point. And I overlooked Hoshoryu in the list of Tobizaru's opponents, of whom I know that he has a sponsor.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

You are definitely more careful in checking the lists and taking notes - I have none and not even checked the right guy, Wakatakakage instead of Terutsuyoshi - I think I mentioned some times (and it keeps showing) that names are my extra weak point. And I overlooked Hoshoryu in the list of Tobizaru's opponents, of whom I know that he has a sponsor.

I suspect we gather our information in different ways.  Your attention to which wrestlers have fixed sponsors etc. is much more sophisticated than my staring at the TV screen and desperately counting the banners as they go by (occasionally screaming when the parade is not shown).  I have counted relied on your expertise many a time to help fill in holes in my note-taking.  I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your efforts!

Edited by Amamaniac
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Amamaniac said:

I suspect we gather our information in different ways.  Your attention to which wrestlers have fixed sponsors etc. is much more sophisticated than my staring at the TV screen and desperately counting the banners as they go by (occasionally screaming when the parade is not shown).  I have counted relied on your expertise many a time to help fill in holes in my note-taking.  I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your efforts!

My problem is that I now have so many sources of information that I can gather it more and more sophisticated, but of course have neither the time nor the motivation to dig out every bit there is. E.g. the other Asanoyama-cancel day I thought that by now I have enough kensho sheets to check with the smaller kensho lists for their bouts, which the constant sponsors of Hokutofuji and Daieisho are this basho, but ...

Takanosho is still in need of a sponsor. Hokutofuji gets more but also has no fixed one, though he often attracts the same kensho to his bouts. Daieisho got 5, Enho added another 3, Tobizaru and Wakatakakage again none. - full list

Day 11

171:    Takakeisho
104:    Asanoyama
73:    Terunofuji
49:    Mitakeumi
47:    Tochinoshin
33:    Shodai
26:    Hokutofuji
25:    Takanosho
Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

The first big pack canceled, I'll wait and hope for the news to report the number. If only the NSK would post the list in text format instead of image. Shodai got 4 instead of 3, Takayasu 10 for 8 planned, but of course Asanoyama profited the most: 10 were planned and he got 23 in the new last bout of the day. The fight of Tobizaru-Wakatakakage for staying on top attracted 2 by Nagatanien (edit: and the Morinaga-sho), Onosho cashed in just the standard 3 of Terunofuji, which also include 2 from Nagatanien, Enho had 5. The bout with Kotoshogiku attracted one, Shimanoumi regularly has kensho, but no fixed sponsor. One would think the probably last time to see Kotoshogiku active on the dohyo would get some more. - full list

The big packs are still in reach, so Mitakeumi and Shodai have a proper chance to overtake Terunofuji. The final ozeki bout, if it takes place, might decide who ends up top this basho.

Day 12

127:    Asanoyama
37:    Shodai
35:    Takayasu
27:    Hokutofuji
26:    Takanosho
Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

The Terunofuji bout had 4 planned kensho, maybe the big packs grew a bit bigger with some of them. I now expect Asanoyama to finish top, and Shodai to overtake Terunofuji. Kiribayama as return bonus got 5, Tobizaru got 2 from Nagatanien. The Takakeisho bout had the Morinaga-sho, the Kotoshogiku bout had again 1 kensho. - full list

Day 13

157:    Asanoyama
54:    Shodai (M)
39:    Takayasu
26:    Takanosho
Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Morinaga-sho was on Takakeisho-Tobizaru. The ozeki pack tomorrow doesn't look big enough for Asanoyama to get in front with it. Shodai with a win can overtake Terunofuji, the win against Asanoyama was not enough for that, though 16 is as good as what he got from Takakeisho, but then the Morinaga-sho was added. Takanosho-Onosho attracted 2 from Nagatanien, Enho got 6 against Terutsuyoshi.- full list

Day 14

205:    Takakeisho (M)
70:    Shodai
57:    Mitakeumi
44:    Takayasu
28:    Takanosho
  • Like 1

Shodai had the Morinaga-sho. No san-sho and also no ken-sho today for Taka-no-sho. Kiribayama got 7 more, yesterday he had 1 as well, Enho added 5. - full list

Day 15

249:    Takakeisho
86:    Shodai (M)
57:    Mitakeumi
50:    Takayasu
30:    Hokutofuji
28:    Takanosho
  • Like 2