mt fuji

Videos (all days) - Aki 2020

Hello @mt fuji:

I would like to request videos of Nabatame (current Jonidan 4 West).  

I have not had an adoptee since our original round of adoptions - when I chose Hochiyama.  Its been a few years since he became Kimigahama Oyakata (on loan).  So I have not had an "official" adoptee in some time.  I am feeling a bright future for Nabatame.  So - please sign me up and get the videos if you can.

Thanks!  

• Like 1

Boy, that Ms35 Genki sure was ... uh, er ... what's the word I want ... dang, ah never mind

The ending of that Shishi bout looked a little painful. I know it's very early days in Shishi's career, but he looks pretty strong. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shinobi Steve said:

The ending of that Shishi bout looked a little painful. I know it's very early days in Shishi's career, but he looks pretty strong. 

Shishi actually looks far better this basho than last (from an rather untrained eye), where he had trouble beating guys who will likely never reach high-makushita. Compared to July, he seems stronger, has better taichi-ai and a better idea of what he's trying to do when he grabs his opponent. Maybe the weird summer played a part, and now more training helped.

Also worth noting, he is 23 fighting mostly 16 to 20yo. In terms of sumo, he should be light-years better than Torakio, who himself had no trouble getting out of Jonidan.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, hakutorizakura said:

Sir may I ask what is going on in the thumbnail pic and which bout is that? :-D

I have no idea-okuridashi by someone, hitting the gyoji in the process..Maybe someone can identify them/ Goueidou on the right? I haven't the foggiest.

Edit - The thumbnail has a name- hagikasuga- I can only guess it's Kisenosato (Hagiwara)  and Tamakasuga, or Kasuganishiki.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

I can only guess it's Kisenosato (Hagiwara)  and Tamakasuga, or Kasuganishiki.

Kisenosato and Kasugao, I believe...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Washuyama said:

Kasugaou, yes!! Excellent!!

21 minutes ago, Washuyama said:

13 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Kasugaou, yes!! Excellent!!

Thank you! Found the bout, 2004.05 day 11. I'm an evil person, I always find gyoji bowling highly entertaining...