mt fuji

Videos (all days) - Aki 2020

Hey everyone, I've made some Juryo recaps and kimarite videos in the past, took a break last basho but I'm back at it again for this one. This time I'm planning on making Juryo recaps and lower-division recaps that highlight ~20 lower division wrestlers (and some choice highlight bouts). Seems like there are plenty of people posting top division highlights already (even if they don't always stay public).

Here's my list of lower-division rikishi I'm planning on following:

Takagenji
Jokoryu
Shiraishi (COVID-19, Tamanoi)
Naya
Ura
Tokisakae?
Yago
Oshoryu
Toyohibiki
Kitanowaka?
Tochikamiyama
Masutoo
Roga
Shohoryu
Yoshii
Mudoho
Fukai - sd yusho
Hokuseiho - jk yusho
Takeoka - jd yusho
Shishi
Kirameki

I'm sure I'm missing notable rikishi though so if I'm missing someone important or you just want to keep up with someone, let me know who I should cover! I'll post videos in this thread every day.

Edited by mt fuji
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8

I’d love to see some coverage of Shishi. My family is Ukrainian, so it’s really interesting to see a Ukrainian competing. 

• Like 2

This is an awesome idea ! Looking foreward to seeing your recaps, for sure !

If you have room/time to add a few names, I'd like to suggest (in order of interest) :
- Bolivian prospect Kirameki

- former MIddle School Yokozuna Yoshii who reached Makushita at 16yo earlier this year
- veteran Hungarian Masutoo who is still holding his ground in mid Makushita at 34yo and coming back from knee injury
- and maybe, but really as a "had nothing else to do of my free time", maybe 200kg Hakuho-protegee Toma coming from a 0-7 in July.

You've already put a interesting list of names. So any addition is just a bonus.
Thanks for your work for the comunity. Cheers.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Shinobi Steve said:

I’d love to see some coverage of Shishi. My family is Ukrainian, so it’s really interesting to see a Ukrainian competing. 

Hello!  I have Ukrainian roots! How strange that I saw you here

• Like 1

I hope you'll post links in this thread. You have a few folks on your list I'd like to keep up with. Actually got to see Hakuseiho  doing asageiko back in January, and I'm curios whether he'll flower or hit the wall.

And, I've been an Ura fan since he entered Juryo, at least. I'm hoping to see a return of the pink mawashi next basho!

38 minutes ago, Kaminariyuki said:

I hope you'll post links in this thread.

Yeah I'll post links here! This can be the general video thread for the basho too

So far I've added Tochikamiyama, Masutoo, Yoshii, Kirameki, and Shishi, let me know if you want to see anyone else

Found a cool channel-full bouts including Makushita!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@Kintamayama"Aoiyama crumbles to the sea..." 

Such a common blues lyric, but I'll have a stab at "There will still be you and me".

Thank You by Led Zeppelin (for the mystified).

1 minute ago, RabidJohn said:

Such a common blues lyric, but I'll have a stab at "There will still be you and me".

"So darling, darling stand ... by me"

Aoiyama is a blue mountain

Edited by Yamanashi

11 minutes ago, RabidJohn said:

Actually, yes..

12 minutes ago, mt fuji said:

This is very good. Thanks and keep it up!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@mt fuji -- this is great. Practically all the lower rankers that are on my "watch list"... thank you!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orandashoho said:

@mt fuji -- this is great. Practically all the lower rankers that are on my "watch list"... thank you!

If you want to see anyone else just let me know and I’ll add them!

Thank you for covering the lower division and especially for soliciting names for inclusion. If you can, I’d like to see Jk29e Osuzuki. 

• Like 1

On 13/09/2020 at 12:02, RabidJohn said:

Makuuchi day 1, for a limited time only: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ0Ip9ZzXCQ

Posted as a link, so we don't end up with big grey boxes all over the place...

They were quick to trash that Natto-sumo channel, the new one has day 1 as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBKsA3Q-oGo

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Found a cool channel-full bouts including Makushita!!

That channel is the one this basho to stream NHK live, BS included. Usually the videos are deleted after a few days and the channel has to stop around day 13 of the basho. Last time another channel filled in with one extra day, we'll see how it turns out this time - it is going on like that the whole year. Natto sumo taken down at once doesn't bode well for this channel to last till the 2nd week though.