ChiTownDude

Kyushu Basho at Kokugikan Question re Service Dog

I have attended the Kyushu Basho almost exclusively the last 10 years or so.  The November time always worked well with my schedule, and I've always liked the smaller environment around the Fukuoka area.  I had in fact made reservations for the basho, and was told of the change back to Tokyo by the general manager of the Fukuoka hotel where I usually stay!

So I've adjusted the plan to stay in Tokyo, probably nearby Ryogoku.

I travel with a service dog in support of my diabetes.  He has been to Fukuoka with me previously, along with trips to several locations in Europe and all around the US.  The staff at the Fukuoka Kokusai Center were never a problem for my visits there, but I've had trouble contacting anyone at the Kokugikan to advise them to expect us. 

Any ideas about who I might contact?  

Not sure about the dog, but it's only in the last few weeks that Japan has begun to open up to those with pre-existsing visas. It's hard to imagine tourists being allowed in by November.

Even if you are, one of the current rules is that no one who has entered the country within the previous 14 days is allowed attend the basho. That fits in with the governments two week self quarantinee rule for those coming from abroad.