pricklypomegranate

Hello (again) from sunny Singapore!

Hello everyone, 

Not sure about posting another Singaporean thread as there was a recent one by Seiyashi, another local. I have been watching sumo since Nov 2019 and have also been lurking around sumo-related sites till I decided to join in time for this Sep Basho. You might recognise me if you watch Mbovosumo's Twitch stream. Let's talk sumo! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think new member posts, regardless of how many recent members are from the same locality, will always be welcome.

So, is prickly pomegranate code for durian? Are you warning us all to stay away from you during the sunny Singaporean durian season? 

I am glad you got the joke. Durian are prickly and the flesh is positioned like pomegranate pips. But I wouldn't ask you to stay away from the durian, at least the Malaysian ones (Thai ones are horrible). One had fallen from a tree next to the running track near my house and I took it home. It was perfectly edible. 

Edited by pricklypomegranate

"One had fallen from" had me misread "truck" instead of "track". B-)

On 02/09/2020 at 04:45, pricklypomegranate said:

Hello everyone, 

Not sure about posting another Singaporean thread as there was a recent one by Seiyashi, another local. I have been watching sumo since Nov 2019 and have also been lurking around sumo-related sites till I decided to join in time for this Sep Basho. You might recognise me if you watch Mbovosumo's Twitch stream. Let's talk sumo! 

Welcome aboard  mate!

Chuck in Your salt and join the fray.

Did you know the first 5 letters of your shikona is  slang for a mans private parts?

Edited by Fujisan

On 07/09/2020 at 00:35, pricklypomegranate said:

Never heard that expression before, but I've always wanted to take after Kintamayama-oyakata... :-P

Lets put it this way.

If anybody calls you Pri*k they are asking for a punch in the mouth.

Edited by Fujisan

7 hours ago, Naganoyama said:

I think you parsed it the wrong way.

I didn't understand what 'parsed' meant so I looked it up and I'm still not sure,I do know I used too many *'s

Is that what you mean't? 

I just meant that you divided up the name in a different way to the one intended.

It is meant to be Prickly Pomegranate. Pomegranate as in the fruit and prickly as in 'covered in thorns'. Together they refer to the durian fruit, which is admittedly a bit rare in your part of the world.

No reference was made to the word prick in an offensive sense.

2 hours ago, Naganoyama said:

I just meant that you divided up the name in a different way to the one intended.

It is meant to be Prickly Pomegranate. Pomegranate as in the fruit and prickly as in 'covered in thorns'. Together they refer to the durian fruit, which is admittedly a bit rare in your part of the world.

No reference was made to the word prick in an offensive sense.

Yes,I know that.

I was just pointing it out,  I never said it was mean't in an offensive way.

Just that it could be. 

Meanwhile, nudging back toward the mainstream of this thread, good luck and welcome to the Forum!

I believe that this is the first time that a member introduction has went (Iamgoingoff-topic...).

Anyway,  (Welcome...) to the forum!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@pricklypomegranate Heya! Good to see I'm not the only weirdo in SG interested in sumo!

Had a run in with said fruit during NS once too. It'd fallen into someone's shellscrape, right where his, er, pr*ck would have been if he were sleeping. We ended up having to abandon the site.... AFTER I just finished chopping through a rather obnoxious root.