Yamanashi

Ridiculous Predictions September Basho

11 hours ago, Benihana said:

You in sumo? Really? I could see you in WWE, with your expertise in falling jumping off ladders...

Iv'e already done that joke in my signature ;-)

3 minutes ago, Fujisan said:

Iv'e already done that joke in my signature ;-)

I should pay more attention to signatures ^^

1 minute ago, Benihana said:

I should pay more attention to signatures ^^

I forgive you.

When  rikishi start dying unexpecly ,they suspect foul play and Columbo comes to solve the crime and catcn the killer.Before there are more deaths.

Edited by Fujisan

On 02/09/2020 at 20:10, Yamanashi said:

The Legend of the Lost Yokozuna becomes a romantic storyline among the Japanese public, immensely boosting the interest in and bottom line of Ozumo.  Embarrassingly, they are later found with Abi in Ulaanbaatar at the city's first Japanese-style hostess bar.

The legend is put into the form of a shamisen ballad and goes platinum on the US Pop Charts.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kaminariyuki said:

The legend is put into the form of a shamisen ballad and goes platinum on the US Pop Charts.

Performed by the Yoshida Brothers, of course.

• Like 1

10-5 Yusho.  7-way playoff won by Shohozan.

Edited by Gurowake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gurowake said:

10-5 Yusho.  7-way playoff won by Shohozan.

I thought this was the ridiculous predictions thread ;-)

On 17/09/2020 at 20:10, Gurowake said:

10-5 Yusho.  7-way playoff

be careful what you wish for...  (Yushowinner...)

Mods, maybe we should close the Ridiculous Predictions Thread and rename it the September 2020 Aki Basho Documentary thread.(Idunno...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK, dang it, just one more:

Day 9.  Asanoyama vs Tochinoshin (Spy vs Spy).  Asanoyama, aware of the masterful henka Tochinoshin pulled on Takakeisho, decides for the first time (ever?) that he will step to the right at the tachiai.  Meanwhile, Tochinoshin knows that Asanoyama might be looking for another henka, but would never in a million years be expecting a Terutsuyoshi-style leg grab.  At the tachiai, Tochinoshin goes for the leg, Asanoyama steps to the right, and Toch puts a shimpan in the hospital.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Yamanashi said:

OK, dang it, just one more:

Day 9.  Asanoyama vs Tochinoshin (Spy vs Spy).  Asanoyama, aware of the masterful henka Tochinoshin pulled on Takakeisho, decides for the first time (ever?) that he will step to the right at the tachiai.  Meanwhile, Tochinoshin knows that Asanoyama might be looking for another henka, but would never in a million years be expecting a Terutsuyoshi-style leg grab.  At the tachiai, Tochinoshin goes for the leg, Asanoyama steps to the right, and Toch puts a shimpan in the hospital.

HOW??!!?!(Carriedawayonastretcher...)

9 minutes ago, Seiyashi said:

HOW??!!?!(Carriedawayonastretcher...)

Barrels right on through, off the dohyo, and straight into the shimpan, who was thinking about neither the possibility of an Asanoyama henka, nor a Tochinoshin leg grab, but what's for lunch and what that woman in the seventh row looks like without a mask.

Edited by Yamanashi
adjusting my verbs
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Yamanashi said:

Barrels right on through, off the dohyo, and straight into the shimpan, who was think about neither the possibility of an Asanoyama henka, nor a Tochinoshin leg grab, but what's for lunch and what that woman in the seventh row looks like without a mask.

So we will see a repeat either of Eikokurai's current profile pic, Hakuho's dame-oshi on Yoshikaze, or the recent incident with Asakayama? (Dribbling...)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seiyashi said:

So we will see a repeat either of Eikokurai's current profile pic, Hakuho's dame-oshi on Yoshikaze, or the recent incident with Asakayama? (Dribbling...)

Yes, or like those wonderful old bowling-over-the-gyoji shots Kintamayama is using for his Basho video covers.  I think I'd buy a framed 14 X 11 of this one for my den.

Instead of the of the normal ring entrance ceremony the rikishi decide to do the "can can" instead.._.