Sign in to follow this  
Gernobono

Kizakiumi intai

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Chronic headaches.neck injury. "He wants to concentrate on healing. He's taking this seriously. I think he was having difficulties dealing with it," said Kise Oyakata. He is searching for a hospital that deals with this sort of illness. No date set for his danpatsushiki. He is the brother of heyamate Juryo Churanoumi. 

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kintamayama said:

Chronic headaches. "He wants to concentrate on healing. He's taking this seriously. I think he was having difficulties dealing with it," said Kise Oyakata. He is searching for a hospital that deals with this sort of illness. No date set for his danpatsushiki. He is the brother of heyamate Juryo Churanoumi. 

aha you beat me to it I was about to press the submit reply button when your post came in, sasuga desu 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rainoyama said:

aha you beat me to it I was about to press the submit reply button when your post came in, sasuga desu 

You've been slacking lately, sir- you used to post a lot of useful stuff and kind of faded out lately..

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kintamayama said:

You've been slacking lately, sir- you used to post a lot of useful stuff and kind of faded out lately..

Yes exactly , I've been quite busy with life  but I'll try to come back gradually and hopefully I'll find the time to translate a few things like I used to !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

The kanji for head and neck are the same, no?I guess you are right probably..

Well it's true that 首's meaning is quite broad, but headaches would be something like 頭痛 don't you think ?  That's why I'm thinking it's neck pains

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rainoyama said:

Well it's true that 首's meaning is quite broad, but headaches would be something like 頭痛 don't you think ?  That's why I'm thinking it's neck pains

Oh, it's definitely neck pains. I will now be moving back to the heya and will receive a 40% salary cut for the next six months. My oyakata will be taking orders at the local McDonalds for four months as well.

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kintamayama said:

Oh, it's definitely neck pains. I will now be moving back to the heya and will receive a 40% salary cut for the next six months. My oyakata will be taking orders at the local McDonalds for four months as well. 

Sorry for being such a pain in the neck... Ok I'm out, I'm giving myself a 40% salary cut as well for this one

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He never looked the same following that fall. He looked the makings of a makuuchi regular at least. A real shame.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We had our talk about the neck http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/topic/39579-hatsu-2020-basho-discussion-spoilers/?page=16

The fall - Day 6 pics, Hatsu 2020 at his highest rank

M15w Ikioi (2-4) oshitaoshi J3w Kizakiumi (0-6)
 4.jpgo 117743137.jpgo

pics in the intai news

202008270000413-w200_0.jpgo b_13640233.jpgo EgaIuAHVoBYDiLU.jpg:thumbo

win against Kotonowaka Nagoya last year

b_13640783.jpgo

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember being so surprised/disturbed that he continued in the tournament after that fall. Poor young guy, terrible way to have to end a career. I hope he at least frees himself of any lingering issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NSK seems to be reactive rather than proactive much of the time.  Here's an example.  Am I correct that a soccer player or baseball player who has a head injury would be immobilized and taken off the field in a cart?  Why wouldn't Sumo wrestlers be treated the same?

God forbid, one of these days a rikishi will get a broken neck and either lie paralyzed or in convulsions, and the audience will see the managers coming up with a wheelchair.  That kind of tableau will make Abi's hostess bar trip pale in insignificance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yamanashi said:

 Am I correct that a soccer player or baseball player who has a head injury would be immobilized and taken off the field in a cart?  Why wouldn't Sumo wrestlers be treated the same?

yes, in any other sport injuries to the head/neck are treated very serious, plus injuries to the knee like acl tears etc. im a relatively new sumo fan compared to most on this forum, and the handling of injuries in ozumo has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Every time I go out there, I know I’m facing death.." Takanohana

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Chris Gould, the neck injury occurred before he entered ozumo. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this