Kintamayama

Shikihide beya troubles

Posted (edited)

Nine (of 19)  Shikihide beya  rikishi ran way from the heya today, citing the okamisan's strict behavior. They sent a message notifying the Kyokai, and the Kyokai will call in the sides to hear their story today and try to reach some sort of settlement. They took refuge at a Karaoke place near the heya. "Moral harassment" is what they are claiming. The Oyakata himself (Ex-Kitazakura) has been ill since the beginning of the year and was out of the last basho so he could not oversee the training or give any guidance. Instead, the Okamisan was training them (???) but the rikishi lost their patience and ran away from the heya. The rikishi were complaining that the okamisan joined the heya's chat group and was reading everything and giving out instructions and when someone was slow to respond he was reprimanded. Using of electrical appliances was allowed only by her. When rikishi ordered stuff online and the stuff arrived or when stuff arrived from their parents, she opened all the parcels and took photos of them, then posted them in the group chat. "It's an invasion of privacy!" they cried out. She used to periodically hold surprise checks of the contents of their lockers as well. When anyone attempted to challenge her deeds she threatened to throw them out of the heya or report them to the Kyokai. After the basho was over she demanded the rikishi write her a "letter of reflection." It seems the okamisan was trying in her own way to be in charge, but was not accepted by the rikishi and eventually it led to a mass walkout instead. The rikishi were training in earnest and longing for the Oyakata, but he is still ill, and could not control her, some say.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

Wow. This always seemed like one of the most laid back heya in the sport...

Posted (edited)

One could think with corona, Abi, Tagonoura and Nakagawa there is more than enough material to fill the Sommerloch. I know that not all of the okamisan are role models, but that...*phew*

By the way, why 9? Shouldn't it be 20?

http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Rikishi.aspx?shikona=&heya=78&shusshin=-1&b=202007&high=-1&hd=-1&entry=-1&intai=-1&sort=1

Edited by Benihana

8 minutes ago, Benihana said:

One could think with corona, Abi, Tagonoura and Nakagawa there is more than enough material to fill the Sommerloch. I know that not all of the okamisan are role models, but that...*phew*

By the way, why 9? Shouldn't it be 20?

http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Rikishi.aspx?shikona=&heya=78&shusshin=-1&b=202007&high=-1&hd=-1&entry=-1&intai=-1&sort=1

Sorry, 9 of 19.

• Thanks 1

He's been ill since the start of the year? That certainly doesn't sound good.

Just now, Foehammer said:

did they just sneak out in the middle of the night

Can nine rikishi sneak out of anywhere?

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Amamaniac said:

Before passing judgement on the Shikihide Okamisan, I recommend watching this video.  It gives an excellent look into the running of this stable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=sSE5wQsVrBo

Interesting watch, and I recall seeing another feature about her and the heya, though these could very well be misleading and not represent what is really going on day-to-day. 

Just going by Kinta's post, I get the impression that she is trying in earnest to step in a be good leader, and not that she's acting with malice. Of course there's very little info out so far...

Edited by Katooshu

Shikihide has been a repository for troubled kids and strange recruits (Hattorizakura, et al.).  The oyakata has a long history of attempting to straighten out wayward youth. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foehammer said:

did they just sneak out in the middle of the night

It appears so.

7 hours ago, Amamaniac said:

Before passing judgement on the Shikihide Okamisan, I recommend watching this video.  It gives an excellent look into the running of this stable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=sSE5wQsVrBo

Sorry, she looks totally creepy. Totally. Fatal Attraction creepy. Complete with crazy eyes. I believe the wayward boys with the funny shikonae.

Wow, that's weird.   Was Hattorizakura one of the escapees?   

5 minutes ago, robnplunder said:

Unknown..

58 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Sorry, she looks totally creepy. Totally. Fatal Attraction creepy. Complete with crazy eyes

41 minutes ago, robnplunder said:

Was Hattorizakura one of the escapees?

I'm starting to think that Shikihide Oyakata was one of the escapees. (Whistling...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Amamaniac said:

I'm starting to think that Shikihide Oyakata was one of the escapees. (Whistling...)

(Laughing...)

She may have the heart to lead but not the know-how.  One needs to be born with leadership or gain experience.   She needs a manual .... :-P

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, robnplunder said:

She needs a manual .... :-P

andrew-sachs.jpg?w968h681

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, RabidJohn said:

Que?

I'm from  BA R C E L O N A !!

• Haha 1

"Que?" was pretty much my reaction to this story too.

I know junior rikishi live quite regimented lives, but opening personal items of mail and surprise locker inspections make it sound more like a prison. Has the 'power' gone to the okami-san's head?

I can't wait for Shibatayama-san's bumbling comments on this one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robnplunder said:

He didn’t want to leave but the others carried him out and he offered no resistance.

• Haha 17

Posted (edited)

The Kyokai listened to the fugitives' side of the story today. Essentially, they are saying the okamisan went overboard. The ailing oyakata was also questioned today. "I'm very worried. Please direct your questions to the Kyokai," said the Okamisan via phone.

What is strange with this story is that it is not getting much attention in the press at the moment. Almost none, actually.

Edited by Kintamayama

8 hours ago, robnplunder said:

He tried, but he was just not able to yorikiri the okamisan out of the heya entrance door... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, kuroimori said:

He tried, but he was just not able to yorikiri the okamisan out of the heya entrance door... 

Unlike the very successful kubinage on the okamisan that happened at Taganoura-beya just last year. (Inlove...)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Otokonoyama said:

Unlike the very successful kubinage on the okamisan that happened at Taganoura-beya just last year. (Inlove...)

And Futahaguro's harite at the touchy eye.