Sign in to follow this  
Godango

Potential New Game

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

@Athenayama - should Hakuho's reported Kyujo come to pass, your alternate (Asanoyama) will take his place in your stable from Day 4.

@wolfgangho - Kotoshoho's Kyujo means you'll have Akiseyama step up from Day 4.

@Flohru - Kotoshoho's Kyujo means you'll have Aoiyama step up from Day 4.

For me, Kotoshoho's Kyujo means I'll have Terutsuyoshi step up from Day 4.

Note that current player selections are visible at the bottom of each day's results.

Edited by Houmanumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 10 Results: http://www.fantasy-sumo.com/day_10.php

@Flohru & @wolfgangho -- unfortunately all three of us are in the same position of losing Endo and not having a sub available (as we'd already subbed for Kotoshoho). This means we'll be playing out the tournament with only 5 rikishi.

From next tournament I'll include the ability to choose which sub you want to include on any given day in cases of multiple withdrawals, but to keep it fair across the board that's not the case yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just registered. This looks very interesting. It needs some refinements, like access to basho history and a banzuke, but i'm 100% positive, i'll stick to this game.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 15 Results are in:

http://www.fantasy-sumo.com/day_15.php

A big thank you to all who participated, @Benihana, apologies but I'm sure you can appreciate why I couldn't get you in on the final day -- but I do hope you come back to play again!

On the subject of refinements, 100%, the thing is a massive work in progress. History's will definitely be coming, they're all in my database I just need to write the php.

To all who played or any who checked it out, feedback me up. The aim of this game is a set-and-forget that all from the most casual to the most ardent sumo fan can enjoy. Some ideas I already have for the next tournament are:

  • A more dynamic 'user' page, where you can see your history (basho-by-basho results, highest score/rank etc) and their scores day by day
  • The ability to choose your sub line-up (where you have had multiple withdrawals) on a day by day basis
  • The ability to change your team prior to the basho start if you have already registered

I'll need to close the entry page after the basho has started too. I left it open here because often I get a few stragglers in a day or so late -- the idea being they don't earn points for the days they weren't entered -- but Benihana did me a massive favour by showing me that there should be a 'cut-off date'.

I'll look to change the name in future from 'Fantasy Sumo' to something else... when I registered the domain I was unaware of the former 'Fantasy Sumo' game; plus I know some others are called similar. I'm thinking 'Sumo Tipping' (for anyone familiar with the Australian Concept of 'Footy Tipping') -- but throw some suggestions at me :).

Thanks again, and I look forward to your feedback. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Houmanumi said:

Day 15 Results are in:

http://www.fantasy-sumo.com/day_15.php

A big thank you to all who participated, @Benihana, apologies but I'm sure you can appreciate why I couldn't get you in on the final day -- but I do hope you come back to play again!

On the subject of refinements, 100%, the thing is a massive work in progress. History's will definitely be coming, they're all in my database I just need to write the php.

To all who played or any who checked it out, feedback me up. The aim of this game is a set-and-forget that all from the most casual to the most ardent sumo fan can enjoy. Some ideas I already have for the next tournament are:

  • A more dynamic 'user' page, where you can see your history (basho-by-basho results, highest score/rank etc) and their scores day by day
  • The ability to choose your sub line-up (where you have had multiple withdrawals) on a day by day basis
  • The ability to change your team prior to the basho start if you have already registered

I'll need to close the entry page after the basho has started too. I left it open here because often I get a few stragglers in a day or so late -- the idea being they don't earn points for the days they weren't entered -- but Benihana did me a massive favour by showing me that there should be a 'cut-off date'.

I'll look to change the name in future from 'Fantasy Sumo' to something else... when I registered the domain I was unaware of the former 'Fantasy Sumo' game; plus I know some others are called similar. I'm thinking 'Sumo Tipping' (for anyone familiar with the Australian Concept of 'Footy Tipping') -- but throw some suggestions at me :).

Thanks again, and I look forward to your feedback. 

:-D It was worth a try. When the code let's you do things you aren't supposed to (Whistling...)

Edited by Benihana
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Benihana said:

:-D It was worth a try. When the code let's you do things you aren't supposed to (Whistling...)

I mean in fairness you were well within your rights, you would have just ended up with a score of 5 (i think), ruining the average used to determine rankings.

Consider yourself lucky I'm too lazy to change the code to median right now, so you save a little face ;).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry i declare my intai

your name of the thread is potential new game

so i thought the banzuke starts at 0 for everyone

now i found out that the game is runing for 3 years

so no more interest

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wolfgangho said:

sorry i declare my intai

your name of the thread is potential new game

so i thought the banzuke starts at 0 for everyone

now i found out that the game is runing for 3 years

so no more interest

Totally cool, and I thank you for playing this time around as a test case. For the sake of my own self-interest, however:

On 31/07/2020 at 11:14, Houmanumi said:

Hi All, I've been running a 'Fantasy Sumo' game for a year-ish now (before I even knew about this forum), just with my workmates. I've finally automated it and have a domain name, and if the wider group is interested I'd like to open it up to members of the Forum (from the next tournament).

Note that this, the initial post of the thread, opens with stating the age of the game and itself was posted nine months ago^.

Also, this quote appears on the home page of my game, which you would have had to visit in order to have make it to the registration/selection option:

"This online sumo game was started as a passion project in January 2019 as a way to get my friends and family into the fantastic sport of sumo wrestling."

So maybe I'm being a bit sensitive here, but I don't appreciate (and outright reject) the implication that I misled anyone.

FWIW, you would have been Maegashira #11 after the equivalent of a 3-12 score, so the banzuke doesn't exactly run deep :). 

You're welcome back if you change your mind.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I entered and picked my stable. But somehow i don't show up in the results. Did i miss a deadline?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this