Amamaniac

Are Abi's days numbered?

11 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

I am back to "not mentioning". Don't bait me.. And no YouTube wars. If I didn't start one when he directly attacked me in his famous tirade, I'm not going to start now. I am being specific-what he said about Abi is .. well, you know..

"Bollocks" perchance?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Amamaniac said:

"Bollocks" perchance?

Wow, excellent!

I didn't see it written anywhere but Abi's non-stablemate / kyujo / ex-sekitori playmate wasn't Tomokaze from what I've heard.

You can work it out from that easily enough.

Oh and that guy is (once again) likely to avoid being canned apparently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gospodin said:

If they really wanted to, they could have verified quite easily when the picture was taken. Read out the meta data of the image, and everything´s solved, every computer freak can do that. I suppose they don´t use analog cameras anymore... But perhaps that would have stirred up too much attention. 

That's not the case unfortunately. Metadata is very easily lost. For example, if you send an image via LINE, that's completely stripped of metadata. Or if you post it to Twitter, same story, even if you download the "original" quality image. Same for images sent through Discord and Facebook. The only site I know of that takes care to maintain the metadata is Flickr, since it's built for photographers.

Also, in cases like this photos are usually cropped or edited to blur out other people's faces and that almost always strips the metadata too unless you do it in a program like Photoshop and take special care to maintain it (you can unknowingly strip the metadata depending on how you save your file).

edit, also:

6 hours ago, Zannah said:

...anyone else not seen this yet? (Signofdisapproval...)

Here I was, making a plea for leniency for Abi on the basis of hypocrisy, and then he goes and does me dirty like that (Thinkingindepth...)(Danpatsu-shiki...)lol

Edited by dada78641
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Abi is very popular with other wrestlers and followers.  He is also Japanese, apart from Takanofuji all recent expulsions have been foreigners.  Abi also did not commit an act of violence, which means the only other recent expulsion I can relate to is Osunaarashi who drove a car, had an accident and lied about it.  Abi is however a repeat offender and does not seem to accept Kyokai's authority.  He also has a weird sense of humour which gets him in trouble.  

But I also hope he does not get "retired", ban from couple of tournaments and a rank demotion below Juryo, has that happened before?

Posted (edited)

That's not to say Japanese don't get expelled. The big boo boos have been gambling and yaocho; Japanese wrestlers were expelled as a result of these, the highest ranking being Kotomitsuki. I highly doubt that, given the tenor of the opinions re Abi coming out of the NSK, they will be minded to be lenient with him, even if he is Japanese. 

EDIT: Also, the recent trend has been for the disgraced rikishi to voluntarily retire (with or without the prompting of their stablemaster, but almost certainly without the explicit direction of the NSK) in the face of almost certain expulsion otherwise - Takanofuji was the most recent case. There was also Sumidagawa from Naruto beya, although I can't remember offhand if he was forcibly retired by his stablemaster (ex Kotooshu) or otherwise. Abi would seem to be following this trend, with the NSK not explicitly calling for his retirement before he submitted his papers. 

Edited by Seiyashi

30 minutes ago, Seiyashi said:

. Abi would seem to be following this trend, with the NSK not explicitly calling for his retirement before he submitted his papers. 

I'm pretty sure his oyakata does not want to hear from him anymore. He will retire regardless of the Kyokai's decision.

Any idea what time of day to expect an announcement on this? I'm checking back here about 59 times a minute. (Eek...)

10 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

By this logic, every single rikishi ever to be thrown out of sumo should not have been.

True. "Everyone else was doing it" is not a defence. Try it when you get a speeding ticket and see how far it gets you.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dada78641 said:

That's not the case unfortunately. Metadata is very easily lost. 

Yes, you need the file provided via a messenger service or mail. Or the original.  If they wantted to have that thoroughly resolved, I can‘t imagine they couldn‘t have obtained that. Also the content of a pic alone usually provides an incredible amount of information most people are not aware of.

2 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

2 basho suspension.. Same goes for the Makushita rikishi that accompanied him. So much for what I said..

Is his intai accepted?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, code_number3 said:

Is his intai accepted?

3 basho suspension. No intai. Unless he decides to retire nonetheless.

Edited by Kintamayama

1 minute ago, Kintamayama said:

2 basho suspension. No intai. Unless he decides to retire nonetheless.

That's fair.  I just hope Abi finds a way to behave well enough to survive in sumo.

7 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

2 basho suspension.. Same goes for the Makushita rikishi that accompanied him. So much for what I said..

Well I hope that’s all that it is.  Does that mean that he could be back in Hatsu as middle of juryo or lower?

4 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

2 basho suspension. No intai. Unless he decides to retire nonetheless.

What do you think the odds are that Shikoroyama oyakata pushes for retirement anyway?

Posted (edited)

Three basho suspension

50% Pay cut for five months

Edited by John Gunning
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Abi lives on, and so does the "Abi-tar"!

Edited by Kaninoyama
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, hokutooshi said:

Well I hope that’s all that it is.  Does that mean that he could be back in Hatsu as middle of juryo or lower?

7 minutes ago, John Gunning said:

Three basho suspension

50% Pay cut for five months

Haru as middle-lower makushitan or even top sandanme maybe?

Edited by code_number3

7 minutes ago, Houmanumi said:

What do you think the odds are that Shikoroyama oyakata pushes for retirement anyway?

Probably none, I guess..

I'm genuinely surprised. It's a solid punishment, don't get me wrong. And a pretty clear message that he's on his last chance. I just thought they'd be happy to see the back of him. 

4 minutes ago, code_number3 said:

Hatsu as middle-lower makushitan or even top sandanme maybe?

Yes, three basho is makushita unless NSK place him lower.  He will not be paid for longer than 5 months then.