Pandaazuma

Gaming Banter

Don't need to create new threads for this each basho so let's just keep it here like the Games Bugs thread.

Oracle Day 5:

Leader: Pandaazuma
Choshu-Yuki -1
Norizo -3
Jejima -4
ScreechingOwl -10

Only had time for these four this time. If you want to measure your progress, just do the scores relative to my line-up. Jezz had a result with the Kakuryu withdrawal. If Hakuho pulls out, he'll probably win it.

1 minute ago, Pandaazuma said:

I am particularly enjoying @Fujisan's basho in Bench so far... (Dribbling...)

You would!

Picking Kakuryu over Hakuho did kill me off.

I do expect to win in the next 2 days because  if I lose both days I would win the zensho prize and I Couldn't be so lucky 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

I am particularly enjoying @Fujisan's basho in Bench so far... (Dribbling...)

Well, I enjoyed Day 6 at least, since that was my sole win so far, but I hope we both do better for the rest of the basho!

Edited by Oshirokita

48 minutes ago, Fujisan said:

You would!

Picking Kakuryu over Hakuho did kill me off.

I do expect to win in the next 2 days because  if I lose both days I would win the zensho prize and I Couldn't be so lucky 

I'm holding out for the 0-15 prize...

Go on, lad!

Oracle Day 7:

Choshu-Yuki -2
Norizo -6
Jejima -13
ScreechingOwl -14

On 25/07/2020 at 01:24, Pandaazuma said:

I'm holding out for the 0-15 prize...

Go on, lad!

Okay I'm 0-7 and I know its  not in the spirit of the game but I am going for it. 

Tomorrow I am playing to lose. 

I am gonna pick the worst team possible.

Knowing my luck I will win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pandaazuma said:

Big day to day, @Fujisan That 0-8 prize won't win itself, you know! (Dancingofjoy...)

See previous message.

The second thing I do when I wake up is check the Bench Banzuke to see how I did. Then I watch Kintamayama to see the actual action. When I saw that Abi was absent my first thought was `That's really going to mess up the torikumi for the Sumo Games'. My second thought was `Dash it. You've just messed up my Bench Team'.

10 hours ago, Fujisan said:

Okay I'm 0-7 and I know its  not in the spirit of the game but I am going for it. 

Tomorrow I am playing to lose. 

I am gonna pick the worst team possible.

Knowing my luck I will win.

Congrats!

• Like 1

Never trust a limping Takayasu! My TTT/Quad/Odd/etc. are not amused... >:-(

I don't know about that Takakeisho win where he both went airborne first and touched out of bounds first. Or maybe I'm just salty it cost me a nice Odd score.

Oracle Day 9:

Choshu-Yuki -6
Norizo -7
ScreechingOwl -18
Jejima -19

1 minute ago, Kaito said:

I don't know about that Takakeisho win where he both went airborne first and touched out of bounds first. Or maybe I'm just salty it cost me a nice Odd score.

I AM salty AF as the blind gyoji and bone idle judges just cost me a crucial win in Sumo Game. It was an awful day all round. Managed only a win in Bench and a half decent score in Tipspel.

I'm quite happy with my performances in some games, in ohers i'm just trash like in Oracle.

Every basho i played Oracle i was the last from day one until the last few days:'-(

• Haha 1

Just now, Joaoiyama said:

I'm quite happy with my performances in some games, in ohers i'm just trash like in Oracle.

Every basho i played Oracle i was the last from day one until the last few days:'-(

The Oracle standings are meaningless until the last few days, and even then, it is impossible to know who will win. There are other ways however... ;)

2 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

The Oracle standings are meaningless until the last few days, and even then, it is impossible to know who will win. There are other ways however... ;)

Guess i'll skip looking at the standing for oracle untill the last days, spare me some depression.

On 27/07/2020 at 13:33, Joaoiyama said:

Perhaps predicting 30 kachi koshi for 42 Makuuchi Rikishi is a little bit too optimistic...

Ganzohnesushi

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Is there still a mailing list for RotoSumo, or did it die out sometime 10 years ago or so? (Beardeddisguise...)

2 wins in a row in bench sumo now but its too little too late.

Oracle Day 13:

Leader: Pandaazuma, Choshu-Yuki
Norizo -2
Jejima -9
ScreechingOwl -16

Looks like Ganzo and Chisha are up there too but I haven't checked in detail.

I should be winning this easily but every single withdrawal through injury has gone against me so it is closer than I expected. Still have a decent chance of yusho though.

59 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

Oracle Day 13:

Leader: Pandaazuma, Choshu-Yuki
Norizo -2

Looks like Ganzo and Chisha are up there too but I haven't checked in detail.

I should be winning this easily but every single withdrawal through injury has gone against me so it is closer than I expected. Still have a decent chance of yusho though.

Winning this easily? Really? Sounds a bit arrogant. As reigning SB Yokozuna I would expect a bit more respect from you for the other combatants. And believe me, other players were affected by these kyujos in the same way. You better watch out for Derosa and especially Oshirokita who is my hottest candidate for the Yusho as of now. I might be finishing somewhere beween #3 and #8 or so.

Ganzohnesushi

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ganzohnesushi said:

Winning this easily? Really? Sounds a bit arrogant. As reigning SB Yokozuna I would expect a bit more respect from you for the other combatants. And believe me, other players were affected by these kyujos in the same way. You better watch out for Derosa and especially Oshirokita who is my hottest candidate for the Yusho as of now. I might be finishing somewhere beween #3 and #8 or so.

Ganzohnesushi

You misunderstand me (as usual). I meant no disrespect. I meant that had the withdrawals not happened, I would indeed be miles ahead. I didn't mean: 'I am better than everyone else so I should be winning easily'. I know for a fact that winning is not easy as I have only won it six times out of the dozens of times I have played. 

Edited by Pandaazuma

1 hour ago, Pandaazuma said:

I know for a fact that winning is not easy as I have only won it six times out of the dozens of times I have played. 

Modesty becomes you! (Laughing...)