Pandaazuma

Gaming Banter

6 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

Modesty becomes you! (Laughing...)

Ahahaha. I am glad at least someone gets my humour. ;)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

I meant that had the withdrawals not happened, I would indeed be miles ahead.

Sorry Simon, but I don't buy this. For me this thesis comes totally out of the blue. With the same impudence I could claim that Hakuho under normal circumstances would have finished 12-3, Kakuryu 11-4, Abi definitely 8-7 and Kotonowaka of course 9-6. So all these withdrawals hit me the hardest. I'm 100% sure this cost me my 4th Oracle Yusho   ;-)

Ganzohnesushi

1 minute ago, Ganzohnesushi said:

Sorry Simon, but I don't buy this. For me this thesis comes totally out of the blue. With the same impudence I could claim that Hakuho under normal circumstances would have finished 12-3, Kakuryu 11-4, Abi definitely 8-7 and Kotonowaka of course 9-6. So all these withdrawals hit me the hardest. I'm 100% sure this cost me my 4th Oracle Yusho   ;-)

Ganzohnesushi

Ahahahahahahaha!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

Ahahahahahahaha!

Can't help chuckling at your Bench match today. :-D

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

Can't help chuckling at your Bench match today. :-D

Lol. Another one of those ones that were impossible to win. And that muppet Fuj naturally gets 14! I swear I get about 3 or 4 such bouts per basho. 

Edited by Pandaazuma

I think that I am about to collect my 18th career Shukun-sho in Hoshitori.  (I don't think that I can be caught, or go MK at this stage of the basho.)

Outstanding!

Posted (edited)
On 29/07/2020 at 16:29, Kashunowaka said:

Is there still a mailing list for RotoSumo, or did it die out sometime 10 years ago or so? (Beardeddisguise...)

I have been maintaining the Banzuke on this forum since around 2015 that have been used for the Super Banzuke overall competition.  There should be two threads for most basho - one banzuke and one results.  Recently I've moved it to one thread per basho.  The automation in place by Doitsuyama runs everything else.  I was given an email to send the banzuke to Doitsuyama to upload, but after the first two weren't put onto the website, I didn't bother trying any more.

Edited by Gurowake

Posted (edited)

Also, while I'm posting here I might as well say that I have no plans on playing anything other than GTB for the foreseeable future.  I just don't have the inclination to spin up all the apparatus of my engine, and while I'm following along with the results of the Ozumo tournament, I really don't care any more about the games.  GTB doesn't use the bout history information at all (and it wouldn't help) so it's not much of a problem to still play that.  There might come a time where things change, I'll scrape all the results since I stopped caring earlier this year and start again.  Those who prepare banzukes shouldn't take this as an official retirement - it might end up being next basho that I return, as I expect one thing eating up a lot of my time to have ended by then, but there are obviously plenty of other things too that have priority.

I still plan to do the RotoSumo banzuke though.  Again, that's not connected to the rest of the effort updating the prediction engine; its computation system is an altogether separate piece of machinery.

Edited by Gurowake

On 24/07/2020 at 00:17, Pandaazuma said:

I am particularly enjoying @Fujisan's basho in Bench so far... (Dribbling...)

I am not gloating Pandatroll but I particularly enjoyed beating you and sending you to MK on day 14

You should be ashamed  of yourself. 

Isn't this the second time in a  row I beat you.(W00t,w00t,w00t...) 

3 hours ago, Fujisan said:

I am not gloating Pandatroll but I particularly enjoyed beating you and sending you to MK on day 14

You should be ashamed  of yourself. 

Isn't this the second time in a  row I beat you.(W00t,w00t,w00t...) 

Lolol. With three kyujo rikishi and no Terunofuji in my team I have been resigned to a losing record for over a week. Actually getting 7 was my target. But I am happy for you. You should celebrate. I hear Juryo is very nice in September... (Dribbling...)

10 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

Lolol. With three kyujo rikishi and no Terunofuji in my team I have been resigned to a losing record for over a week. Actually getting 7 was my target. But I am happy for you. You should celebrate. I hear Juryo is very nice in September... (Dribbling...)

Dont blame yor team, you picked them.

As far asj juuryo is concernedi it might not be nice but it will be quieter.

My Oracle hopes are pinned on one unlikely bout: Daiamami vs Midorifuji. If Amami loses, no chance of top three. If he wins, a fair chance of top three. Gulp. And I picked Midori in Toto.

54 minutes ago, Fujisan said:

Dont blame yor team, you picked them.

As far asj juuryo is concernedi it might not be nice but it will be quieter.

Ahaha. Erm, you pick the team before they get injured, sir. (Holidayfeeling...)

18 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

My Oracle hopes are pinned on one unlikely bout: Daiamami vs Midorifuji. If Amami loses, no chance of top three. If he wins, a fair chance of top three. Gulp. And I picked Midori in Toto.

Yeah, I was just looking at this at the same time and determined it's my most important bout too, but I'm for Midorifuji. And I have Daiamami in Juryo Game. Oh well, g'luck!

2 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

Hey, I've also had 3 kyujo rikishi and no Terunofuji. 

It was a lot of fun to be back in the fantasy sumo games this basho. All the games haven't been scored yet, but it went something like this:

Pre-basho

• GTB - 8-7, just. I will gambarize and do better next time.
  • Sekitori-Oracle - 31/57, probably makekoshi. Ditto.
  • Totoro's Hoshitori - not scored yet. Middling, around 8-7. Ditto.
  • SalaryCap - 17/57. I am happy with that.
  • UDH - not scored yet. I was never good at this game.

Daily

• Sekitori-Toto - 5-10, can only get better.
  • Sumo Game - 10-5. Was in the makushita yusho race but finished with three losses. Still, my best result this basho.
  • Sekitori-Quad - 7-8, 30/69. I know how unforgiving this game can be and I finished quite strongly, so I am fine with that.
  • Bench Sumo - 8-7. Bench Sumo is IMHO the king of fantasy sumo games so getting kachi-koshi is a good feeling!
  • Like 3