Kintamayama

Videos July 2020- All days

On 31/07/2020 at 14:11, ryafuji said:

I'd like to thank Kintamayama for keeping his videos to around 12 minutes as opposed to the 25 minutes of Sumonattu's for the same number of matches. Being with two young kids all day such time-saving is much appreciated! 

As I have more time on my hand these days, I sometimes watch both and I appreciate their different styles of presenting the bouts of the day. (Bow...)

Posted (edited)

I also watch both, and will as long as both continue to upload it. Two quite different experiences. SumoNatto's has Japanese commentary, which I find less distracting. He also includes slo-mo replays, which I like. Kintamayama's has English commentary atm, which is more informative for me, as are his own short comments. Name-checked on NHK, Moti - you've arrived!

I've also noticed the YT algorithms showing me many more options for viewing sumo, including live streams. Ozumo has a growing global audience whether the NSK wants one or not, it seems.

Edited by RabidJohn
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Terunofuji interviews

NSK

Live but remote on NHK Sunday Sports youtube_query=サンデースポーツ+2020年8月2日

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1wa4y1J7ZB

Quite long on NHK Tottori: http://www3.nhk.or.jp/lnews/tottori/20200803/4040005651.html

Short from today

20200803-121621-1-0000_m.jpgvid

NSK

fw5py9S05dNnxVia.jpg:thumbvid

Sansho interviews

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like all of SumoNatto's stuff has disappeared again.

4 hours ago, ryafuji said:

Looks like all of SumoNatto's stuff has disappeared again.

He's there as usual.

Posted (edited)

I cannot access any of the videos in this thread and when I go to YouTube, of his 61 videos I can only see one. I guess the problem is at my end. 

Edited by ryafuji
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ryafuji said:

I cannot access any of the videos in this thread and when I go to YouTube, of his 61 videos I can only see one. I guess the problem is at my end. 

Just like you, I only see one video available to watch on his youtube page. It is day 15. 

Yes, now they're gone-yesterday they were there definitely, I watched a few. Or maybe it was the day before.

1 hour ago, Kintamayama said:

Yes, now they're gone-yesterday they were there definitely, I watched a few. Or maybe it was the day before.

Hope you're not beginning to lose your mental acuity.  I'd hate to see you reduced to the level of explaining mono-ii to the crowd at honbasho.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Yamanashi said:

Hope you're not beginning to lose your mental acuity.  I'd hate to see you reduced to the level of explaining mono-ii to the crowd at honbasho.

No, I'm fine. Now to look up the word "monoii"..

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Haha 1

Yes, SumoNatto has had some copyright strikes. I suspect it may be because he left footage of the news in a couple of the videos. I'm sure I remember Jason getting strikes for including NHK news footage when he continued talking after the sumo transmission had ended. I hope it's as simple as that.

1 hour ago, RabidJohn said:

Yes, SumoNatto has had some copyright strikes. I suspect it may be because he left footage of the news in a couple of the videos. I'm sure I remember Jason getting strikes for including NHK news footage when he continued talking after the sumo transmission had ended. I hope it's as simple as that.

Die-hard sumo video uploaders are hard to come by, let alone stop.. He'll be back soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Abi and Shikihide in a nutshell.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Terunofuji appeared live (remote) on the Wide na show today youtube_query=ワイドナショー 2020年8月9日 照ノ富士関 -  10:27h-10:44h JST

Araiso was remote live on the Sunday Morning show to talk about the basho, with a short intro of his career, especially the yusho ketteisen with Terunofuji, who then also was already injured youtube_query=サンデーモーニング 2020年8月9日 - 9:02h-9:11h JST, the former baseball-boy stayed on to give a few comments about the baseball results

• Like 1