Stupidface

Who is this rikishi please?

Just been rewatching An Idiot Abroad and finally reached the Mount Fuji episode. It was originally aired in 2011 and I didn't follow sumo back then however I've been trying to think who this rikishi could be. It's a very funny episode and the rikishi in question is very playful but also very gentle at the same time.

I was thinking maybe Tamawashi but as I've only been following sumo for about 6 months I probably have got the rikishi and his identity incorrect???

ec7i20trd9rz.jpg

It's Tamawashi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Benihana said:

It's Tamawashi.

Thank you so much, you have no idea how happy that has made me, I've been trying to improve on my knowledge and as soon as I saw the episode I said Tamawashi!  

He was very silly picking the guy up and throwing him around. I love seeing their cheeky personalities.

I am now a big fan of his!

2 hours ago, Stupidface said:

Thank you so much, you have no idea how happy that has made me, I've been trying to improve on my knowledge and as soon as I saw the episode I said Tamawashi!  

He was very silly picking the guy up and throwing him around. I love seeing their cheeky personalities.

Always glad to help a newbie. Have you watched Kintamaya's videos on youtube? If you don't have, go here https://www.youtube.com/user/Kintamayama/videos scroll down to Hatsu basho 2019, it will make you happy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Benihana said:

Always glad to help a newbie. Have you watched Kintamaya's videos on youtube? If you don't have, go here https://www.youtube.com/user/Kintamayama/videos scroll down to Hatsu basho 2019, it will make you happy.

Thank you, I most definitely will!

Nattosumo originally got me interested and now I watch the whole stream online when it's live. It's addictive and any old video recommendations are greatly appreciated! :)

Just now, Stupidface said:

Thank you, I most definitely will!

Nattosumo originally got me interested and now I watch the whole stream online when it's live. It's addictive and any old video recommendations are greatly appreciated! :)

Kintamayama is the Hakuho of sumo youtubers. His earliest videos are vom Nagoya 2011. Enough material for some serious sumo binging. Now that he is slowly transitioning into retirement, Natto is a worthy successor.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stupidface said:

Here is a short video for your enjoyment!  (I like Tamawashi, too!  Seems like a friendly guy).  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAQUtEQLwTo

• Thanks 1

Here's a video showing Tamawashi's Jan 2019 Yusho ceremony.  It starts at 1:50.  During his Championship interview, it was announced that his wife gave birth that same day to their second child!! 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Benihana said:

Kintamayama is the Hakuho of sumo youtubers. His earliest videos are vom Nagoya 2011. Enough material for some serious sumo binging. Now that he is slowly transitioning into retirement, Natto is a worthy successor.

I am watching the basho as we speak, it is nice to see Ichinojo too. I have come across Kintamayama's channel before however it seems that he is indeed almost retired. Thankfully there are other people ready to help us watch sumo in other parts of world. I don't know what I would do without it now!

22 hours ago, sumojoann said:

Here's a video showing Tamawashi's Jan 2019 Yusho ceremony.  It starts at 1:50.  During his Championship interview, it was announced that his wife gave birth that same day to their second child!! 

Thank you :)

Here's a compilation video which includes Tamawashi in his kitchen making Gyoza! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sumojoann said:

Here's a compilation video which includes Tamawashi in his kitchen making Gyoza! 

Tamawashi and Chiyomaru?!?! This has made my day! Thank you!

• Like 1