Sign in to follow this  
Kaminariyuki

General Corona Banter

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Nantonoyama said:

PSG have disgracefully been awarded the French league title, while they do not deserve it at all, as 2nd, 3rd and 4th ranked teams in the rankings could still possibly win the title.....

Hmm do you really follow French football at all to make such a statement? Between PSG and all the other French teams there is a whole galaxy ... They just play "cat and mouse" with the other teams. And you know who the cat might be. By the way, no one in France from other clubs (player, executive, journalist....) challenges that decision, at least as regarding the title. That should say a lot to you. Some are displeased about the other places (those qualifying for the European cups or those who relegate you) but no one challenges the title.
As for those who say that Liverpool would not deserve the title if the Premier League stops now, what more to say than....  25 points gap (!) with the second team and 10 matches to go.... Really? Unless you support Manchester United I really don't understand. And I'm not especially fan of Liverpool.

Edited by Athenayama
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Athenayama said:

Hmm do you really follow French football at all to make such a statement? 

I do. The hint is: I cheer for the only French side to have ever won the CL (which is not going to change anytime soon imho)

I am amazed that Italy is actually planning to resume its championship. I like going to the stadium but watching empty stadiums on tv... meh...

18 minutes ago, Nantonoyama said:

. I like going to the stadium but watching empty stadiums on tv... meh...

I usually focus on the sport when I watch on TV - the crowd is secondary to my enjoyment!

• Like 2

Not that it's a sport, but I have a bad habit of watching the WWE about every five years or so. It usually passes quickly, especially since it's not the fun colorful performances of my youth. Had my last attack of WWE curiosity a few weeks ago, and it was so incredibly lame without a rowdy crowd. Especially when the wrestlers delivered their impassioned soliloquys about what they were going to do to their competitors at the next pay-per-view event. Just...lame.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Nantonoyama said:

I do. The hint is: I cheer for the only French side to have ever won the CL (which is not going to change anytime soon imho)

haha ok that explains it. But that shouldn't keep you from having an objective opinion from time to time.  ;-)

I still wish the best to the French team you cheer for even if they are in a very difficult financial situation. Unless McCourt invests much fresh money, which is doubtful, they will have to sell many players in the near future so it will be a real question how competitive they will be in the next season. And I'm not even talking about the champions league. But we'll see.

Edited by Athenayama

31 minutes ago, Jejima said:

I usually focus on the sport when I watch on TV - the crowd is secondary to my enjoyment!

I am often surprised while watching the bashos live how some people (in chatrooms) comment and focus much more on what is happening in the crowd than what is happening ON the dohyo !  (Laughing...)

Last basho - without the crowd - was the first one that I got my four-and-a-half year old son to watch properly. He really enjoyed it. I am wondering whether if there had been a crowd, that would have been a distraction or would have added to his enjoyment? 

10 minutes ago, Jejima said:

Last basho - without the crowd - was the first one that I got my four-and-a-half year old son to watch properly. He really enjoyed it. I am wondering whether if there had been a crowd, that would have been a distraction or would have added to his enjoyment? 

Hopefully you'll find that out next time a basho happens in normal conditions. :-)

16 minutes ago, Athenayama said:

Hopefully you'll find that out next time a basho happens in normal conditions. :-)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the world as we know it is ending soon. We’re all going to die. No more bashos ever.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

We’re all going to die. No more bashos ever.

so it wil be a non-basho without spectators and rikishi.....it might be on tv as the cameras work independently

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Gernobono said:

so it wil be a non-basho without spectators and rikishi.....it might be on tv as the cameras work independently

Courtesy presented and produced by "Skynet Enterprise".  :-D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gernobono said:

And yet, astonishingly, with five matta and three blown mono-ii.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Athenayama said:

I am often surprised while watching the bashos live how some people (in chatrooms) comment and focus much more on what is happening in the crowd than what is happening ON the dohyo !  (Laughing...)

I understand it.   I get bored waiting for the next match.  Hey, did you see  that man dressed up in women's kimono sitting next to the Elvis lookalike?   

• Like 1

Olympic Jiji-san could have had a thread dedicated to his antics alone. Maybe he did, RIP you magnificent weirdie.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the world as we know it is ending soon. We’re all going to die. No more bashos ever.

What?  Was there a meteor strike?  Zombie uprising?  Sudden temperature plunge?  Earth axis tilt?  Alien virus spread?    

Some good news to cheer us up!   Many countries are beating C19:

• Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Belgium are decisively in the downward path
  • Austria, Australia, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Greece, Latvia, New Zeland, Portugal, Vietnam, Thailand, Norway, Finland, China, Israel, and many more are near the end of the path.   
Edited by robnplunder

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Athenayama said:

Hmm do you really follow French football at all to make such a statement? Between PSG and all the other French teams there is a whole galaxy ... They just play "cat and mouse" with the other teams. And you know who the cat might be. By the way, no one in France from other clubs (player, executive, journalist....) challenges that decision, at least as regarding the title. That should say a lot to you. Some are displeased about the other places (those qualifying for the European cups or those who relegate you) but no one challenges the title.
As for those who say that Liverpool would not deserve the title if the Premier League stops now, what more to say than....  25 points gap (!) with the second team and 10 matches to go.... Really? Unless you support Manchester United I really don't understand. And I'm not especially fan of Liverpool.

Funny that you’d challenge the opinion about the French league but then go onto to make a comment which shows you don’t understand English football. Nobody says Liverpool don’t deserve it. On the contrary, most people agree they’re an excellent side. But we just don’t want them to win. Everyone hates Liverpool. Everyone. Doesn’t matter which team you support. They have famously annoying fans who cling onto the past and troll everyone else, so everyone hates them back. They are going to be insufferable once the club has got a PL title.

Edited by Eikokurai

11 hours ago, Jejima said:

Just create a cardboard screen that masks off the crowd and leaves only the dohyo visible. Put it in front of the TV and problem solved.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eikokurai said:

Funny that you’d challenge the opinion about the French league but then go onto to make a comment which shows you don’t understand English football. Nobody says Liverpool don’t deserve it. On the contrary, most people agree they’re an excellent side. But we just don’t want them to win. Everyone hates Liverpool. Everyone. Doesn’t matter which team you support. They have famously annoying fans who cling onto the past and troll everyone else, so everyone hates them back. They are going to be insufferable once the club has got a PL title.

"Everyone" is maybe too big a word. I read an article (written in 2016) saying that The Mirror had conducted a survey of football fans in England to establish the ranking of the most hated clubs in the Kingdom of His Majesty. And the podium was?
1 Chelsea
2 Manchester United
3 Liverpool

I hear your arguments and they are shared indeed by a majority of football fans in England. But "everyone" ?
Anyway thanks for the lesson.  :-)

• Like 1

Wasn't General Corona Banter the liberador of some small South American Country?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

A glimpse of how they handled things in Greece. I'm even prouder to present this one as my niece is one of the doctors working there (with the red cap).

Edited by Athenayama
  • Like 1

On 12/05/2020 at 16:05, Yamanashi said:

Wasn't General Corona Banter the liberador of some small South American Country?

No, that was Chiquita Banana, and not exactly a liberador...

On 20/05/2020 at 03:53, Athenayama said:

A glimpse of how they handled things in Greece. I'm even prouder to present this one as my niece is one of the doctors working there (with the red cap).

Nice job, Greece!   There are increasing number of countries that beat (or beating) the virus.  Unfortunately, they are in the minority.

There are countries which eased the lockdown prematurely and they are paying heavily for it. 

EU is slowly getting better except Russia and a few others.  South America, South Asia, Mexico are vying for the honor of being the COVID 19 epicenter.  Who knows how many are dying in comparison to the official numbers.  

Sweden hasn't reached the herd immunity number yet. Far from it.  An UK report days earlier claimed 7% but Sweden officials think it is more like 20%.  Whopping 40% or more to go to reach their goal of 60% and their death per million is keep going up.  

Belarus continues to report same daily numbers: 930 - 950 new infections, and 4 - 7 deaths.   Their graph path is .... flat!  LOL.

Officially reported death toll is 340000+ but I think it is greater than 500000 already.   500000 is likely a conservative estimate on my part considering unreported/uncounted numbers from China, Brasil, Ecuador, Mexico, Iran, ...   

And the winner is North Korea with 0 infection.   

• Like 1

Britaln is talking about allowing  groups of 6  people to meet.

Now all  I need is five more friends ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1