Sign in to follow this  
Akinomaki

Training pics overview May 2020

Posted (edited)

May be even less than in April

The NSK gives the OK to the rare pics that appear. This time we get to see Mitakeumi on Labor day (no holiday in Japan) laboring at his weights (30kg) in the heya: "Aiming for higher, so as to not drop from sanyaku" o

20200502s00005000046000p_thum.jpgo

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seeing Mita training pics always reminds me of his pic "training" by reading a magazine... Can't find it again now (Scratchingchin...)

The focus rikishi for the 2nd week is m2 Takanosho, now at his personal best and aiming for sanyaku. His comment after asa-geiko on the 8th, via the NSK: "I'm preparing for the July basho, with renewed attitude." - the basics, as usual

20200508-OHT1I50187-N.jpgo

• Like 1

In these Brobdingnagian times, one thing sorely missing in the coverage of sekitori is whether they are, in fact, able to do their own sumo.  You'd think the Japanese sports media would be practicing basic journalism here.(Detective...)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This week we get to see Onosho doing the basics on his own - without mask. About the canceled basho: "At first I was perplexed, but now on the contrary I have time. I want to do what I can only do now and solidly build the body."

20200512s00005000307000p_thum.jpg o

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The basic of basics from the NSK today, shiko stamping in Tokitsukaze-beya, the heya of Futabayama, who died 50 years ago in December and is honored in a video by the NSK

EYWEzA1VAAArn-r.jpg:thumbo

Shodai

Yutakayama

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2

It's still the time to only do the basics - the NSK this week also posted videos of the shiko stamping of

Onosho, Tochiozan and Kotoshoho

k4qwL1unlyVutT8C.jpg:thumbvid 4FoqTaIeuSHWha0_.jpg:thumbvid 9uAA_HIHFgq710Wu.jpg:thumbvid

• Like 1

Kadoban ozeki Takakeisho restarted butsukari-geiko today, but mainly did the basics.

20200526s00005000266000p_thum.jpg o b_13372107.jpgo

Asanoyama had declared on the 24th that he had restarted butsukari-geiko - only old  pics of that though o , the NSK still only releases pics of the basics: shiko stamping of Asanoyama, Sadanoumi and Mitakeumi

t7o_wJPSW4WquS8x.jpg:thumbvid  ikD1jfvIJzFAOjbb.jpg:thumbvid VWx-uswHkJzNC_cX.jpg:thumbvid

at basics in Dewanoumi-beya

20200524-OHT1I50229-N.jpgo

low ranked there at rope jumping: Aomihama, Matsuyama, Dewanojo, Yamato, Kiyota, Okanojo

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

Hakuho declared he wants to start butsukari-geiko beginning of June - so far the basics

4.jpgo 20200527-OHT1I50183-N.jpgo

shiko stamping by Hokutofuji and by shiko king Abi

EKqB5JccI_uUbESH.jpg:thumbvid 6WdWvuWCriDUsTxc.jpg:thumbvid

• Like 1