RabidJohn

Sanyaku promotion

I've just noticed I'm a komusubi, which I'm kind of delighted about, but at the same time I'm slightly disappointed that I don't know exactly when it happened. A notification would've been lovely.

What's the criteria for promotion? I'm curious because I checked my profile and noticed I joined on 16.3.16, which made me wonder if it was a time served thing. Do I have a 'promotion history' stored somewhere?

6 minutes ago, RabidJohn said:

What's the criteria for promotion?

Post count. Simple as that.

It's just a default you can edit anytime, though, as you can see with my subtitle.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jakusotsu said:

Post count. Simple as that.

It's just a default you can edit anytime, though, as you can see with my subtitle.

So what was the magic number?

I like 'komusubi' tyvm.

1 hour ago, RabidJohn said:

So what was the magic number?

I like 'komusubi' tyvm.

One of the Mods could probably answer your question.  If you scroll down to the very bottom of the screen, you see "Contact Us".  If you send a message, I'm sure someone will let you know.  I was just promoted from Makushita to Juryo.  The magic number for me was 200 posts.  One thing I AM curious about is how our "Total Reputation" is determined.  Yours is 522, mine is 239.  Your profile will tell you if yours is "excellent" or less than "excellent".  (Mine is "excellent").  I don't want to ask how they decided that mine is "excellent" because they might realize their error and change it!! lol

Posted (edited)
On 06/07/2003 at 08:07, Rijicho said:

The minimum number of messages for a given rank are as follows:

1 Mae-zumo
5 Jonokuchi
20 Jonidan
50 Sandanme
100 Makushita
200 Juryo
350 Maegashira
750 Komusubi
1000 Sekiwake
1500 Ozeki
2500 Yokozuna
10 000 Dai-yokozuna

Edited by Asashosakari
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

@Asashosakari Your mastery of the search function (...)

yokozuna ozeki sekiwake komusubi maegashira juryo makushita sandanme jonidan jonokuchi

B-)

The arguably more tricky part was knowing/remembering that such a post was once made.

(Also, I like quoting really old forum content for the added perspective of how long this place has been around. ;-))

Edited by Asashosakari
  • Like 4

Uuuhhhh maegashira approaches! I have to prepare my talk for the interview "I aim at yokozuna", "I will focus on training", "I'll take basho after basho, not thinking about next promotion"

• Haha 1

Thanks, that was interesting; I had no idea how it worked.

Also, commenting again because I'm only 32 away from Sekiwake.

7 hours ago, sumojoann said:

One of the Mods could probably answer your question.  If you scroll down to the very bottom of the screen, you see "Contact Us".  If you send a message, I'm sure someone will let you know.  I was just promoted from Makushita to Juryo.  The magic number for me was 200 posts.  One thing I AM curious about is how our "Total Reputation" is determined.  Yours is 522, mine is 239.  Your profile will tell you if yours is "excellent" or less than "excellent".  (Mine is "excellent").  I don't want to ask how they decided that mine is "excellent" because they might realize their error and change it!! lol

The Reputation comes from the reactions you get. Click on the number and you'll get details.

171 likes, 57 thanks and 11 laughs make up your +239. The 1 confused and 2 sad you received, don't count.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Benihana said:

The 1 confused...

Hehe, I remember where that one came from. B-)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Benihana said:

The Reputation comes from the reactions you get. Click on the number and you'll get details.

171 likes, 57 thanks and 11 laughs make up your +239. The 1 confused and 2 sad you received, don't count.

Thanks for this information!  How does a person get a less than excellent reputation?  Obviously, if they get reported all the time and are always stirring things up, I can certainly see where that could cause their reputation to go down.  But what else affects it?

12 hours ago, RabidJohn said:

I've just noticed I'm a komusubi, which I'm kind of delighted about, but at the same time I'm slightly disappointed that I don't know exactly when it happened. A notification would've been lovely.

What's the criteria for promotion? I'm curious because I checked my profile and noticed I joined on 16.3.16, which made me wonder if it was a time served thing. Do I have a 'promotion history' stored somewhere?

Thanks for asking this, I’ve been wondering the same this since I joined back in February. 

+1 post closer to Sandanme!