Sign in to follow this  
Athenayama

French documentary about women in Sumo

I hope it has not already been posted here. Mostly for those who speak French though, even if they speak Japanese in the documentary but often covered by French commentaries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFS8ovNlsMY

• Like 3

Oops, sorry Ladies and Gentlemen,

It seems that video has been blocked. It was visible without problem yesterday. Maybe it had a time limit. Sorry for that. I'll check if I can find it again otherwise I guess I'll just delete this thread.

It seems to be visible again. I suggest anyone interested to watch it today !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFS8ovNlsMY

Aaaand I think I have the explanation. Video could be blocked if you use a vpn.... At least that could be the reason why sometimes I can have access to watch it and sometimes not. Just for information.

I get:

Video unavailable

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

20 minutes ago, Naganoyama said:

I get:

Video unavailable

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Yeah, maybe it is blocked for a view from other countries? I don't know if others have the same problem. I tried again just one minute ago and I have still access to it. If you use a vpn maybe you could try to use a server based in France?

On 28/03/2020 at 12:45, Athenayama said:

Yeah, maybe it is blocked for a view from other countries? I don't know if others have the same problem. I tried again just one minute ago and I have still access to it. If you use a vpn maybe you could try to use a server based in France? 

It is for sure blocked for view in other countries, French TV channels often use this policy. If you use a vpn you can watch it from France and probably from other locations where Canal+ channels are commercially available such as Switzerland, French speaking Africa, the Caribbean and French overseas territories.

1 hour ago, Nantonoyama said:

It is for sure blocked for view in other countries, French TV channels often use this policy. If you use a vpn you can watch it from France and probably from other locations where Canal+ channels are commercially available such as Switzerland, French speaking Africa, the Caribbean and French overseas territories.

Quel dommage!

2 hours ago, John Gunning said:

The Circle of Sexism?

LOL

Yeah, well the title is a little.... how to say it, "controversy"? But apart the final comments which actually take place after the documentary between the reporter and a French female boxer (Olympic champion), a little too harsh in my opinion, the documentary itself is quite interesting. As for some cartoon scenes included, I'll not comment them.

2 hours ago, John Gunning said:

Will have to take you word for it. Can't see it in Japan.i

Anyone who had the opportunity to watch it is welcome to leave a comment here, of course. Actually I'd be glad to read other opinions. :-)