I saw in today’s match that the yobidashi  dumped a cup of water at the edge of the Dohyō and Abi put both feet in it. Is this something that is done all the time?  

26 minutes ago, LibrarianOCNJ said:

I saw in today’s match that the yobidashi  dumped a cup of water at the edge of the Dohyō and Abi put both feet in it. Is this something that is done all the time?  

That is not water.  It is a miraculous virus immunity oil.  I just got an Email offering me an opportunity to obtain some of it.  :-P

3 minutes ago, Asojima said:

That is not water.  It is a miraculous virus immunity oil.  I just got an Email offering me an opportunity to obtain some of it.  :-P

Yeah, me, too. Somehow, though, the email came from some Nigerian prince wanting to also share $5 million dollars with me.

1 hour ago, LibrarianOCNJ said:

Yes, it's a thing that's not uncommon.  Various rikishi have been noted as wetting their feet at various times.  Not clear why.

Not water, industrial strenght fungicide.

Here's hoping they at least put some bleach in it. But given the guys are rubbing themselves all over with towels and handing it to the yobidashi I wouldn't bet on it.

Joseph Lister would not have been a Sumo fan.

• Like 2