Oracle Day 13:

Leader: Pandaazuma
Choshu-Yuki -4
Norizo -5
Gansekiiwa -8
Chishafuwaku -10
Jejima -11
ScreechingOwl -15

Yeah, yusho winner looks to be among the top 4 right now. I will be happy to hang onto a KK.

If you picked: Nishikigi (2.11), Chiyotairyu (3.59), Tochiozan (2.13), Myogiryu (2.11), Takarafuji (2.14), Aoiyama (5.88) in ODD tonight.

Total Quota = 1285.14

I think that would clinch the yusho. 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Rocks said:

Or you will just lose 3 points :-D

Edited by Nantonoyama
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Rocks said:

If you picked: Nishikigi (2.11), Chiyotairyu (3.59), Tochiozan (2.13), Myogiryu (2.11), Takarafuji (2.14), Aoiyama (5.88) in ODD tonight.

Total Quota = 1285.14

I had Chiyo and and Myo and just needed Aoi for 82 points! No, I wasn't excited before the Hak-Aoi bout. Aoi rarely henkas...and that is the only way he would have had even a slight chance of winning.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I have a question please, regarding Toto.

Are the standings as displayed really final?
Because according to tie-breaker rules, if I'm not mistaken, I have better total points score than Damimonay and Susanoo and also higher Risk Factor so should I not be above them?

If not, I would be glad to have someone explain to me how it works.

Thanks guys.

42 minutes ago, Athenayama said:

Hi everyone,

I have a question please, regarding Toto.

Are the standings as displayed really final?
Because according to tie-breaker rules, if I'm not mistaken, I have better total points score than Damimonay and Susanoo and also higher Risk Factor so should I not be above them?

If not, I would be glad to have someone explain to me how it works.

Thanks guys.

Order is actually determined by Makuuchi score, not total score. I think we decided ages ago to have a TB criterion that was different to any of the sansho. Total score is the gino-sho.

21 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

Order is actually determined by Makuuchi score, not total score. I think we decided ages ago to have a TB criterion that was different to any of the sansho. Total score is the gino-sho.

Sorry for the stupid question. What would be the Makuuchi score in this case?

1 hour ago, Athenayama said:

Sorry for the stupid question. What would be the Makuuchi score in this case?

Ah, sorry. I mean the total Makuuchi bouts you predicted correctly over the basho.

19 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

Ah, sorry. I mean the total Makuuchi bouts you predicted correctly over the basho.

No, I am sorry for not getting it in the first place. And thanks for the taking the tim to reply.  But isn't Gino-sho based exactly on the total bouts over the basho? There I have 305, Damimonay 304.5 and Susanoo 304. Unless I'm missing something.

39 minutes ago, Athenayama said:

No, I am sorry for not getting it in the first place. And thanks for the taking the tim to reply.  But isn't Gino-sho based exactly on the total bouts over the basho? There I have 305, Damimonay 304.5 and Susanoo 304. Unless I'm missing something.

Yes, you did. The total bouts don't effect your standing overall. The total score you got picking Makuuchi bouts only count toward tie-breaking a standing. Which we don't know but it seem you finished behind they in picking just makuuchi. In other words you did better than them picking Juryo. If you had tied for any Master points you would still get a split so it doesn't effect that.

Frankly why using only Makuuchi was ever used for this I have no idea. if it was for not conflicting with sansho then they should have come up with a different criteria for Gino-sho. The yusho is way more important than any sansho and discounting 1/3 of all the matches in determining a tie-breaker just seems silly to me. They also count the Makuuchi bouts you picked a X for in makuuchi bouts, that is matches you didn't actually pick, for tie breaker too. (Eh?)

7 minutes ago, Rocks said:

Yes, you did. The total bouts don't effect your standing overall. The total score you got picking Makuuchi bouts only count toward tie-breaking a standing. Which we don't know but it seem you finished behind they in picking just makuuchi. In other words you did better than them picking Juryo. If you had tied for any Master points you would still get a split so it doesn't effect that.

Frankly why using only Makuuchi was ever used for this I have no idea. if it was for not conflicting with sansho then they should have come up with a different criteria for Gino-sho. The yusho is way more important than any sansho and discounting 1/3 of all the matches in determining a tie-breaker just seems silly to me. They also count the Makuuchi bouts you picked a X for in makuuchi bouts, that is matches you didn't actually pick, for tie breaker too. (Eh?)

Thanks for giving me some explanations. I have actually never picked "X" since I started playing Toto. I have that as "my own rule". :-)

Anyway I'll just trust the game administrator for the final standings and if any master points won so I'll stop my silly questions here. 

14 minutes ago, Athenayama said:

Thanks for giving me some explanations. I have actually never picked "X" since I started playing Toto. I have that as "my own rule". :-)

Anyway I'll just trust the game administrator for the final standings and if any master points won so I'll stop my silly questions here. 

You're fine. There is no issue with asking anything. As for Master points you 3 tied for 8th and as such the total Masters Points for those potions, 6, will be divided among you with each receiving 2 points. Congratulations. Masters points do not use the game tiebreakers for anything except the Yusho.

• Thanks 1

Wait, the rules posted on the Toto site are outdated? It says fewest X's used is the first tiebreaker for yusho. I'd been wondering why the rankings didn't seem to accurately reflect the rule.

3 hours ago, Kaito said:

Wait, the rules posted on the Toto site are outdated? It says fewest X's used is the first tiebreaker for yusho. I'd been wondering why the rankings didn't seem to accurately reflect the rule.

Yes, they are. That isn't the only one. Basically if you are on a game site and it links to another old site for archived rules you can bet part of it is outdated.