Kintamayama

Retired before Haru 2020

Rumor has it the guy from Musashigawa has retired, y'all..

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Rumor has it the guy from Musashigawa has retired, y'all..

Kaishu?

3 hours ago, Benihana said:

Kaishu?

I cannot say, but the y'all should be enough. 

Wakaichiro?

Edited by Kishinoyama
Y'all is used quite often in Texas....

2 minutes ago, Kishinoyama said:

Wakaichiro?

We'll have to wait for the official word. Mage gone. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, RPedro44 said:

By "y'all" do you mean Musashimaru itself has retired and the full heya is gone?

No....

4 hours ago, RPedro44 said:

By "y'all" do you mean Musashimaru itself has retired and the full heya is gone?

I think he is referring to a texan accent (Waka is from Texas). If it is true, too bad. After his 5-2 he would've reached a new personal high on the banzuke in striking range to makushita.

Edited by Benihana
  • Like 2

Then all is well. We have to be very careful with these things.

Edited by Kintamayama

The retirement decision may have been made after the Haru basho banzuke was set. The official retirement announcement will probably be made after the banzuke is published.

It is sad. He did quite well in Hatsu. I really was hoping he would continue for many more years. I wonder if we will ever know the reason why?

This surprises me. There was a video produced by the Heya which included him. He seemed to be in good spirits and interacting well with his stablemates. I hope there isn’t a proverbial “other shoe to drop” where we find out he was abused or run out of town on a rail. 

I vaguely remember him saying he would give it a year when he started. I wonder if his 5-2 effort last basho didn’t net the expected rise in rank? No shade, he’s given sumo a good effort. Some come up, some just don’t.

7 hours ago, Churaumi said:

I wonder if his 5-2 effort last basho didn’t net the expected rise in rank?

How would that work? He had another 5-2 from roughly the same rank four months earlier, so surely it's almost impossible to expect something other than the ~30 rank rise he got on that occasion.

(Leaving aside that I'm not sure if anybody bothers to tell low-rankers their exact new rank before the banzuke is actually published.)

9 hours ago, Asojima said:

The retirement decision may have been made after the Haru basho banzuke was set. The official retirement announcement will probably be made after the banzuke is published.

It could have been made official by the stable, same as they did for Musashikuni not so long ago. Whether or not it's acknowledged by the Kyokai already is just a clerical matter. (And the banzuke release really has no relevance here.)

Edited by Asashosakari