Sign in to follow this  
Kaminariyuki

Senshuraku Parties?

Somehow I'm guessing folks here will know about these partiers. I've never been, but recently read about them and I'm interested in attending one later this year or maybe next winter (I'm making too many trips to Japan...)

Has anyone had any experience going to these? Do the rikishi, particularly the juryo and makuuchi rikishi, actually attend? Is it something they do at Miyagino heya? I also would enjoy possibly meeting Tochinoshin or Ura someday.

Edited by Kaminariyuki

1 hour ago, Kaminariyuki said:

Somehow I'm guessing folks here will know about these partiers. I've never been, but recently read about them and I'm interested in attending one later this year or maybe next winter (I'm making too many trips to Japan...)

Has anyone had any experience going to these? Do the rikishi, particularly the juryo and makuuchi rikishi, actually attend? Is it something they do at Miyagino heya? I also would enjoy possibly meeting Tochinoshin or Ura someday.

It usually entails a payment which is sometimes considered to be a payment allowing you to be a part of the heya supporters and you may even receive a small gift.. All rikishi attend, at least at the beginning. Of course, each heya has its own thing. Still, you need an invite somehow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chris Gould shared his experience attending Kise-beya’s Senshuraku party. Yes he did meet both hatsu basho yusho, Ura and Tokushoryu

Edited by code_number3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, code_number3 said:

Chris Gould share his experience attending Kise-beya’s Senshuraku party. Yes he did meet both hatsu basho yusho, Ura and Tokushoryu

That was great! Thanks for sharing it. I don't know Chris Gould, but now I'll have to go hunt out his Youtube page. And, it's nice to know that there are folks even more rotten than I, in terms of the sumo privilege in which they find themselves.