Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

GTB Haru 2020- 118 entries- and Results!!

And the results-we had a total tie between Jemuzu and Seki Haruaki- penalty shootout determines the winner- Jemuzu, in his sixth basho-first time winner! Congratulations! We had 117 entries, 18 of them new recruits (none of them got a  KK, but they will get better..)!!

Milestones:

Sukubidubidu - 100th basho!!

Frinkanohana - 100th basho!!

Kaiowaka- 90th basho

Kitakachiyama - 70th basho

Shatsume- 20th basho

To see how you did..

Thank you all for playing, and now, on with the Ba-show!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the congrats. I hit a massive mid maegashira hot streak!

I hadn't given up on tracking the Top Ten stats, after some computer problems last year I had to rebuild some files from a very out-of-date backup (mea culpa), among them the GTB stats. At last I've got it up to date, but rather than bring up three old threads I'll put all the missed updates here in quote boxes. I apologise for the delay, hopefully from now on the updates should be done in a slightly more timely fashion.

2019 AKI BASHO

Three changes to the top ten ranks after the Aki edition of GTB. Heriokuno drops out after a four-basho stint, along with Kaiomitsuki (one basho) and Shatsume (two). Replacing them are two returnees and a newcomer - Nantonoyama is back for the first time since 2018 Hatsu, while Chishafuwaku ends a five-basho wait for his return to the green ranks. Finally, Reonito (one of the Tachiai bloggers, I think) makes his top ten debut in his 15th basho.

Yubinhaad and Andoreasu are the 8th and 9th players to reach 5,000 career points, while Pitinosato and Ganzohnesushi are the 24th and 25th to reach 4,000.

2019 KYUSHU BASHO

Moving on to the Kyushu basho in which there are two changes to the top ren ranks. Last basho's newcomer Reonito drops back out after a single basho, while Tenshinhan's seven-basho stint also comes to an end. They are replaced by a returnee and another newcomer. Yusho-winner Gooner returns after a couple of basho out, while Kobashi makes his top ten debut in just his 6th basho.

Newcomer Halian chalked up 16 hits in his hatsu-guess, just one short of the all-time record for a GTB debutant.

2020 HATSU BASHO

Now to the first basho of this decade, which also produces two changes to the top ten. Chiyonosawa's ten-basho stint in green comes to an end, along with Nantonoyama who was there for two basho. They are replaced by a returnee and, for the third consecutive basho, a newcomer. They were the top two finishers in this edition in fact - Shatsume's yusho brings him back into the top ten after a two-basho gap, while runner-up Ryoshishokunin makes his debut in green.

2020 HARU BASHO

And finally to the Haru basho, and it's a similar story with two changes to the top ten. Those dropping out are two of the recent newcomers, Kobashi after a two-basho stay and last basho's debutant Ryoshishokunin. Once again they are replaced by a returnee and another newcomer - Reonito is back in green after two basho out, while Jemuzu's shootout yusho is enough to propel him into the top ten in just his 6th basho.

This is the fourth consecutive basho with a top ten debutant, the last time that happened was 2015 Hatsu to Nagoya.

Susanoo is the 10th player to accumulate 5,000 career points, while Seki Haruaki is the 26th to reach 4,000.

Top-ranked Gooner sets a new record with 6.233 ranking points, which finally breaks Hamanoyama's old record from the earliest days of the ranking system in 2002.

Kujo might have been better off kyujo for this one - his score of 11 is tied for the 4th-lowest in history, and only two bullseye scores is tied for the 3rd-lowest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2