Sign in to follow this  
Randomitsuki

Hatsu 2020 Superbanzuke Masters

As you've probably read somewhere, the Superbanzuke Web pages are offline for the moment. It might be that everything will be settled within the next week. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to upload my data here (moreover, as I have redesigned the page, I will need some testing of how it looks, but that requires Pandaazuma's domain to be online again).

That being said, here are some basic pieces of information for Hatsu Basho:

According to my stats, Jejima gets the Green Mawashi with 50.33 points, among them a yusho in Oracle and a jun-yusho tie in Paper Oyakata Game.

Next places:

2. Pandaazuma 39.13 (also will get the kanto-sho for finishing among the Top 10 in eight different games).

3. Kotononami 37.83 -  he will get both the shukun-sho - double digits in two games - and the gino-sho for going strong in daily games (TTT yusho) and pre-basho games (3rd in UDH).

4. Norizo 37.63

5. Susanoo 35.05

6. Terarno 34.13

7. Kishikaisei 33.50

8. Kyoju 32.60

9. Oshirokita 32.50

10. Taka 32.50 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks as always, Rando. I am still dealing with the domain people, but they are being very difficult, demanding all kinds of detailed information. Hope it will be sorted soon.

I hadn't even noticed Jezz in the standings apart from in Oracle! Congrats!

Gosh, I got a yusho in Chain Game and jun-yusho in ISP, yet did so poorly in most of the other games that I don’t crack the top ten...probably the top 150. ☹️

8 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

Thanks as always, Rando. I am still dealing with the domain people, but they are being very difficult, demanding all kinds of detailed information. Hope it will be sorted soon.

I hadn't even noticed Jezz in the standings apart from in Oracle! Congrats!

Hey, I also won the yusho in TUG, to go along with the yusho for Oracle. (Bigfish...)(Bigfish...)

(I did not know about the Jun-Yusho in Paper Oyakata, I'll look now.)

Edited by Jejima
  • Like 1

On 26/01/2020 at 23:02, Randomitsuki said:

As you've probably read somewhere, the Superbanzuke Web pages are offline for the moment. It might be that everything will be settled within the next week. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to upload my data here (moreover, as I have redesigned the page, I will need some testing of how it looks, but that requires Pandaazuma's domain to be online again).

That being said, here are some basic pieces of information for Hatsu Basho:

According to my stats, Jejima gets the Green Mawashi with 50.33 points, among them a yusho in Oracle and a jun-yusho tie in Paper Oyakata Game.

Next places:

2. Pandaazuma 39.13 (also will get the kanto-sho for finishing among the Top 10 in eight different games).

3. Kotononami 37.83 -  he will get both the shukun-sho - double digits in two games - and the gino-sho for going strong in daily games (TTT yusho) and pre-basho games (3rd in UDH).

4. Norizo 37.63

5. Susanoo 35.05

6. Terarno 34.13

7. Kishikaisei 33.50

8. Kyoju 32.60

9. Oshirokita 32.50

10. Taka 32.50 

Am  I eligible for the green mawashi? It seems that it is only available to the top ten ranked players. Surely I am no longer in the top ten?

4 hours ago, Jejima said:

Am  I eligible for the green mawashi? It seems that it is only available to the top ten ranked players. Surely I am no longer in the top ten?

The rule that only Top 10 players on the Superbanzuke are eligible for the Green Mawashi was abandoned in 2004. So yes, you are not only eligible, you also won that thing! (Holidayfeeling...)

• Like 2

Congrats Jezz (Applauding...)

Just a question about the gino-sho , you said  « going strong on daily games » but I was absent in SG , Bench , Toto , S4 , DST and out of Chain gang on day 1

Anyway , thanks once again for the work Rando! :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kotononami said:

Congrats Jezz (Applauding...)

Just a question about the gino-sho , you said  « going strong on daily games » but I was absent in SG , Bench , Toto , S4 , DST and out of Chain gang on day 1

Anyway , thanks once again for the work Rando! :-)

The gino-sho is computed as follows: every player gets a score for the daily games (which is 17.83 points in your case, 15 points coming from the TTT yusho), and also a score for the pre-basho games (which was 20.00 points in your case; among them 10 points for UDH). The lower one of these two scores (in your case, 17.83) represents the gino-sho score of a player. The gino-sho goes to the eligible player with the highest gino-sho score. And as nobody else had more than 17.83 points in his/her inferior category, the Prize is awarded to you. :-)

So, why did I get the green  mawashi? I skipped some of the big games, such as SG, Sekitoto and tipspiel, went 0-15 in SekiQ and Odd. Not one of my best bashos in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Jejima said:

So, why did I get the green  mawashi? I skipped some of the big games, such as SG, Sekitoto and tipspiel, went 0-15 in SekiQ and Odd. Not one of my best bashos in my opinion.

Because you won a Yusho in Oracle, you had a jun yusho in Paper Oyakata , 4th place in Salarycap , 5th place in Hoshitori & UDH , 6th in Juryo Game etc...

Nice results and enough to be the best player of the basho.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jejima said:

If you get the pre-basho right, and it is unorthodox, you can clean up. I remember you had Myogiryu (who got a lot of bonus points for beating both yokozuna) AND Tokushoryu in your PO line-up along with most of the popular picks, for example. That would guarantee Masters points. And perhaps you avoided some of the popular turkeys. Not actually checked your teams except a glance at PO so I can't be sure though. Good picking!

Edited by Pandaazuma
  • Like 1

In order to keep you no longer waiting, I have uploaded the results of the Hatsu 2020 Masters Series and the standings for the 2020 Sumo Gaming World Championships onto the Superbanzuke Web pages. The design of the page is not in the state that I'd like it to be, but I have pretty little time at the moment. Those who hated the new design can now hate this Frankensteinian look with parts from the old and parts from the new design even more! :-D

Congrats again to Jejima!

• Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, Randomitsuki said:

In order to keep you no longer waiting, I have uploaded the results of the Hatsu 2020 Masters Series and the standings for the 2020 Sumo Gaming World Championships onto the Superbanzuke Web pages. The design of the page is not in the state that I'd like it to be, but I have pretty little time at the moment. Those who hated the new design can now hate this Frankensteinian look with parts from the old and parts from the new design even more! :-D

Congrats again to Jejima!

I'm sure I won Bench Sumo, not Yassier.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sakura said:

I'm sure I won Bench Sumo, not Yassier.

You did. Omedetou!

Looks like Yassier and Sakura should switch places in the standings.

Edited by Jejima

@Sakura: I am deeply and profusely sorry... should be amended now (hit refresh in case you still see the old results).

• Like 1

Many thanks, Rando. We all know how busy you are!

Is this the first time "Unknown Nationality" took gold in the Nations' contest?

Edited by Jakusotsu
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

Is this the first time "Unknown Nationality" took gold in the Nations' contest?

Well spotted, it‘s a first. But it might be more telling of my hesitancy to assign nationalities to players that I am not really certain about...

• Thanks 1

No Americans in the top 10 and 6th overall in medals? Not as good as we can and should be. Look out rest of the world in March.

Congrats and thanks to @Gaijingai for getting our sole Yusho. (Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)

On 07/02/2020 at 19:06, Pandaazuma said:

Many thanks, Rando. We all know how busy you are!

@Randomitsuki Many, many thanks. (Showingrespect...)

Has there ever been another brazilian gamer? I feel lonely.

6 minutes ago, Joaoiyama said:

There must have been. But don't feel lonely. You're unique!

• Haha 1

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 11:05, Joaoiyama said:

So, why don't you recruit some of your friends. You are very passionate about TUG and I appreciate that. Let's spread the news. :-) (Cheers...)