Akinomaki

Asahifuji kanreki dohyo-iri

Posted (edited)

I wonder whether he has just borrowed Terunofuji's rope, but then again the tsuna must be sized for the yokozuna wearing it, and Harumafuji is probably a lot thinner than Terunofuji is now, at least enough to make borrowing the rope infeasible. So I think they might just have had a new rope made for him for this event.

On the other hand, the Shiranui double loops look a bit larger on Harumafuji than they normally would - so maybe he has indeed borrowed Terunofuji's rope, and the excess from cinching the rope tighter has just gone into the loops instead.

Edited by Seiyashi

41 minutes ago, rhyen said:

The tsuyuharai (Ami-chan) is supposed to be on the right hand side of Isegahama when mounting the dohyo. So when approaching the dohyo, he and Isegahama were supposed to stop and let the tachimochi (Harumafuji) pass them by to the front side and they lineup in reverse order. 

That letting pass was new to me. But then the tachimochi and the Yokozuna would have to walk through dewy gras for a few steps. Ami-Chan just did his job properly.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Benihana said:

But then the tachimochi and the Yokozuna would have to walk through dewy gras for a few steps. Ami-Chan just did his job properly.

The grass is only dewy on the flowery path. On the dohyo there are evil spirits to fight!

I wonder if Aminishiki went to the wrong side because that's the side he's used to. I think he carried the sword for Harumafuji quite often.

Seeing Harumafuji on the dohyo again almost brings a tear to the eye. Time is reversed. I even see Ama. This is the magic of reminiscence.