Sign in to follow this  
Otokonoyama

Basho highlights videos - Hatsu 2020

2 hours ago, Otokonoyama said:

Were the last two matches shown out of sequence? I thought Kakuryu’s fusensho would have occurred before Takakeisho’s match as it is considered inauspicious to end the day with a default. 

• Like 3

Not sure how many times Moti has to say it...don't monetize your Ozumo vids yeah.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Otokonoyama said:

Not sure how many times Moti has to say it...don't monetize your Ozumo vids yeah.

Also we lost NHK-G on stream

Seems NHK has started a new crackdown on foreign sumo videos.

The video basically just says this:

"We had two copyright claims so I decided to remove all videos from this channel, because with three strikes the channel will be removed. I will make another video soon on how to move forward."

In the comments he also says:

" ...But don't lose hope. Expect us at Osaka, in one way or another! In the upcoming video I will present some ideas,  but feel free to brains storm your brains out!"

It's a real shame to see this happening again, the few avenues that exist for foreign sumo fans being taken away.

edit: it seems that the videos haven't been deleted, but unlisted. At least for now. But unlisting videos doesn't prevent them from potentially getting copyright strikes. There's still links to the videos on their Twitter account. So, if there's any videos you want to backup, now's the time.

Edited by dada78641
  • Sad 2

A note that could be passed on to the person running the channel: I've noticed that if one does not use the NHK audio the video feed doesn't seem to auto-trigger a flag. So, if one voices over the copyrighted audio it could be much more likely to fly. Just y observation from posting copies of my favorite bouts on my Facebook page.