Sign in to follow this  
Otokonoyama

Basho highlights videos - Hatsu 2020

Recommended Posts

As Kintamayama has noted umpteen times, if you monetize your pirated videos, you will get taken down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate when a copyright holder shuts down unofficial channels without making their content available themselves. It’s like taking your ball away just so other kids can’t play with it. I’ve no issue with NHK doing what it does, but why can’t it make its own YT channel for sumo or provide it another way? Their NHK World show doesn’t show all the bouts, has a short shelf-life and comes a day late. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Otokonoyama said:

As Kintamayama has noted umpteen times, if you monetize your pirated videos, you will get taken down.

Ah, NattoSumo is monetized? Yeah, that’ll do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eikokurai said:

I hate when a copyright holder shuts down unofficial channels without making their content available themselves. It’s like taking your ball away just so other kids can’t play with it. I’ve no issue with NHK doing what it does, but why can’t it make its own YT channel for sumo or provide it another way? Their NHK World show doesn’t show all the bouts, has a short shelf-life and comes a day late. 

They show the highlights directly after the bout has finished. But.., yeah, for access in Japan only lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Otokonoyama said:

As Kintamayama has noted umpteen times, if you monetize your pirated videos, you will get taken down.

I warned him about it as soon as I saw the first ad, but the eedjit ignored me and carried on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was introduced to Sumo by Nattosumo videos. Now, I love this tradition. It will be a terrible lose if the sumo content is not avalaible in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/02/2020 at 04:00, Eikokurai said:

I hate when a copyright holder shuts down unofficial channels without making their content available themselves. It’s like taking your ball away just so other kids can’t play with it. I’ve no issue with NHK doing what it does, but why can’t it make its own YT channel for sumo or provide it another way? Their NHK World show doesn’t show all the bouts, has a short shelf-life and comes a day late. 

Not the point. Nobody touched him as long as he was in the realm of "fair use." Monetize a gray area? Someone is sure to check it out. And NHK have a lucrative satellite gig going on overseas-they won't shoot themselves in the foot with a free youtube channel.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just add a tip link or a Patrion(sp) account ..I'm sure many,  me included, would throw a few euros his way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did he monetize the channel? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ryafuji said:

How did he monetize the channel? 

There is only one way-he monetized. Commercials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Not the point. Nobody touched him as long as he was in the realm of "fair use." Monetize a gray area? Someone is sure to check it out. And NHK have a lucrative satellite gig going on overseas-they won't shoot themselves in the foot with a free youtube channel.

See my post immediately after the one you’ve quoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this