Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Chaingang Hatsu 2019 Day 1 and day 4 Carnage

65 down.42 left.

Edited by Kintamayama

Unbelievable! One of my golden rules is NEVER EVER EVER pick Ichinojo in Chain. And who did I pick?? Put that one down to encroaching senility.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pandaazuma said:

Put that one down to encroaching senility.

Believe me, once you have reached the 50 it will become worse... Just a few more months... (Neener,neener...)

Ganzohnesushi

• Sad 1

I had intended to pick Terunofuji on Day 1, but then thought I would feel foolish joining a 'Chaingang carnage' wipeout if Terunofuji lost, so I picked the 'safer' Chiyoshoma. Oops.

21 more out today. After Day 4, 11 players are still standing.

Yeah, I'm pretty salty I didn't use up my 3rd Terunofuji pick yesterday. gg

1 hour ago, Jakusotsu said:

No word about day 5 yet? ;-)

Oooh.. 8 down, 3 left after day 5. I was forgetting to check, as my Indian friend said.

Day 7 gone and we have a winner- Gaijingai, the gai that I owe it all to.. Congratulations, my friend!! Domichi went with Ishiura, probably thinking (like me) that Tsurugishou would not show up, but if he hadn't, his default would have kicked in anyway (you can't win by fusen in this game).. so... But he did. Congrats Gaijingai, who went with Daishouhou. Luckily for him, Kizakiumi did show up and lost.

Slightly embarrassing on my part, no excuse to not fully read the rules of the game. Congrats to Gaijingai B-)

• Like 1

Congrats to a hell of a @Gaijingai (Firstprize...) and thanks for the game! (Clappingwildly...)

• Like 1

My thanks to Kintamayama for running this game...and also getting wise to us and taking Terunofuji out of the equation on Day 7. :) Back in the days of Asashoryu running the table basho after basho, I at one point had back to back 15-0 records and finally lost on day 2 of the following basho...31 wins in a row.And no, I did not pick Asashoryu every day. Again, Kinta-zeki made the game a little harder by taking out the Yokozuna and Ozeki options.

1 hour ago, Gaijingai said:

My thanks to Kintamayama for running this game...and also getting wise to us and taking Terunofuji out of the equation on Day 7. :) Back in the days of Asashoryu running the table basho after basho, I at one point had back to back 15-0 records and finally lost on day 2 of the following basho...31 wins in a row.And no, I did not pick Asashoryu every day. Again, Kinta-zeki made the game a little harder by taking out the Yokozuna and Ozeki options.

It’s a rule now that you can’t pick anyone more than 3 times. Otherwise some of us would still be 7-0 with 7 Terunofuji picks. :-P

Grats on finding some other winners! (Applauding...)

9 hours ago, Kaito said:

It’s a rule now that you can’t pick anyone more than 3 times.

Yes, I have plans to make it even more difficult, but even more exciting, like pick against a Yokozuna and if he loses, you get a free pass the next day. And other stuff.. Just waiting for free time for  the wizard.