Kintamayama

Lower division celebs results

Just now, yohcun said:

Another Hakuho deshi Toma finished 0-7 today : /

Hokuseiho did win the Jonokuchi yusho though. Something's up with Toma, he hasn't been moving right for the whole basho.

9 hours ago, WAKATAKE said:

Ura finishes 6-1 after defeating Ichiyamamoto by rare okurihikiotoshi. We should be seeing Ura back in the top 15 ranks of makushita in September with a chance of him trying to make Juryo in November
https://www.nikkansports.com/battle/sumo/news/202007310000326.html

I beg to differ. 6-1 at Ms19e will place him in striking range to juryo next basho.

http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Query.aspx?show_form=0&rowcount=5&form1_rank=ms19&form1_wins=6&form1_losses=1

9 hours ago, Seiyashi said:

Hokuseiho did win the Jonokuchi yusho though. Something's up with Toma, he hasn't been moving right for the whole basho.

I have some suspicions he may be one of those rikishi that got too big for their own good.

I'd like to add former popular Maegashira Masunoyama whom I happened to watch getting his KK today. He looked awful though - even more awful than usual... :-(

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ura (Makushita 19E)  ends with a  6-1,  beating Itchy-yamamoto today.

Taihou's grandson Naya (Makushita 5E, third eldest) beat Hokahou (the guy that had a brawl with Ishiura) by oshidashi and ends with 4-3. 

Mudouhou, Taihou's other grandson (youngest) has kind of slipped our minds.. He is actually doing very well, 7-0,  career record 19-2 and  will face Fukai in the Sandanme playoffs.

And his third grandson Houzan (second eldest), ends 6-1 at Jonokuchi 20W, after going 2-1 in maezumo in March. There is another grandson, Yukio, but he's a pro-wrestler.

Chiyonokuni is 7-0 and clinches the Makushita yusho and will be in Juryo next basho.

Amakaze, former Juryo stalwart with one basho in Makuuchi and seemingly nice guy, was injured in July 2018 and dropped all the way down to Jonidan 50. He is gradually working his way back to you babe, 8 straight kks and is now 4-2 at Makushita 36E.

Joukouryuu, Makushita 4W, is 4-2.

Toyohibiki (Makushita 10E) is 3-4.

Masutouou, the 34 year old Hungarian, 15 years in sumo, is ranked Makushita 53 and is 5-2, four straight wins.

Masunoyama, ex-Makuuchi, "The big -hearted guy with a small heart" or "The Heavy Breather" ends with a  4-3 at Sandanme 17 E.

The two headed monster destined for greatness Dewanoryuu the Mongolian, Sandanme 49E, 18-2 career, 18 win streak ended with a loss (5-1 this basho) to Fukai and Nihonyanagi at Sandanme 54W, 15-2 career and kyujo now

Bolivian Kirameki (Daniel VELEZ GARCIA ) is ranked at Jonidan 79E and got his kachikoshi today - 4-3. He is regarded as a Japanese citizen from Aichi.

Shishi, Ukranian newcomer in his first basho ( Sergey Sokolovski) ends with a 6-1 at Jonokuchi 14 W. 2-0 in Maezumo in March.

And for the heck of it, there's a new guy at Jonokuchi 13W in his first basho. His full name is Shouri Shori. He ends at 4-3 . Shori about that.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Thanks for this thread, kintamayama.  It's nice.

Are all of Taiho's grandkids siblings as well? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Ryoshishokunin said:

Thanks for this thread, kintamayama.  It's nice.

Are all of Taiho's grandkids siblings as well? 

Yep. Four brothers who are the children of the former Takatoriki and Taiho's daughter. The youngest 3 (Hozan > Naya > Mudoho) are the ones in ozumo. The eldest is/was in pro-wrestling.

Edited by yohcun
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Shishi, Ukranian newcomer in his first basho ( Sergey Sokolovski) ends with a 6-1 at Jonokuchi 14 W. 2-0 in Maezumo in March.

Half of my family is Ukrainian, so I’m very excited to follow Shishi’s journey. Thanks for posting the updates. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

I'd like to add former popular Maegashira Masunoyama whom I happened to watch getting his KK today. He looked awful though - even more awful than usual... :-(

I've kind of given up on him sadly. I don't think he will ever return to the sekitori ranks.

11 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

I did not know about him.  Based upon the db: when he's on, holy crap!  Then injured and in free fall on the banzuke.  His picture has shoulder tape.  Is that the problem?

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Yamanashi said:

I did not know about him.  Based upon the db: when he's on, holy crap!  Then injured and in free fall on the banzuke.  His picture has shoulder tape.  Is that the problem?

He has plenty of problems, the core one was never clearly established, now it is mainly injuries

On 15/11/2013 at 15:25, Akinomaki said:

Masunoyama because of steady care had kept winning till day 5 in spite of lower back pain. His relief about the heart being OK gives him self-confidence - and fires him up. The doctor had told him: “You won't die from doing sumo.”

The improved breathing techniques - to counter the handicap of the small lungs and other unclear reasons for his so far 20sec. action limit - lead to mental calmness - and visibly give him more power. Rarely scenes like before where he nearly couldn't walk anymore after a bout and only gasped.

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, hakutorizakura said:

Has Roga hit the wall? MK last 2 basho.

So he already hit the wall last basho?

5 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

So he already hit the wall last basho?

Must be an inelastic collision then, or just still falling back...

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Ura (Makushita 19E)  ends with a  6-1.

Taihou's grandson Naya (Makushita 5E, third eldest) beat Hokahou (the guy that had a brawl with Ishiura) by oshidashi and ends with 4-3. 

Mudouhou, Taihou's other grandson (youngest) is actually doing very well, 7-0,  career record 19-2 and  will face Fukai in the Sandanme playoffs.

And his third grandson Houzan (second eldest), ends 6-1 at Jonokuchi 20W, after going 2-1 in maezumo in March. There is another grandson, Yukio, but he's a pro-wrestler.

Chiyonokuni is 7-0 and clinches the Makushita yusho and will be in Juryo next basho.

Amakaze, former Juryo stalwart with one basho in Makuuchi and seemingly nice guy, was injured in July 2018 and dropped all the way down to Jonidan 50. He is gradually working his way back to you babe, 8 straight kks and is now 4-2 at Makushita 36E.

Joukouryuu, Makushita 4W,  ends with a 5-2.

Toyohibiki (Makushita 10E) is 3-4.

Masutouou, the 34 year old Hungarian, 15 years in sumo, is ranked Makushita 53 and is 5-2, four straight wins.

Masunoyama, ex-Makuuchi, "The big -hearted guy with a small heart" or "The Heavy Breather" ends with a  4-3 at Sandanme 17 E.

The two headed monster destined for greatness Dewanoryuu the Mongolian, Sandanme 49E, ends with two straight losses (5-2), 18-3 career, and Nihonyanagi at Sandanme 54W, 15-2 career and regretfully kyujo since day 3.

Bolivian Kirameki (Daniel VELEZ GARCIA ) is ranked at Jonidan 79E ends with a  4-3. He is regarded as a Japanese citizen from Aichi.

And for the heck of it, there's a new guy at Jonokuchi 13W in his first basho. His full name is Shouri Shori. He ends at 4-3 . Shori about that.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Ura- Tokisakae- Day 12:

Different angle..

Ura- Ichiyamamoti- Day 13:

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Chiyonokuni- Ichiyamamoti- Day 10:

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1

Glad to see Chiyonokuni back in juryo as he's had awfully bad luck with injuries. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ryafuji said:

Glad to see Chiyonokuni back in juryo as he's had awfully bad luck with injuries. 

Indeed. I wasn’t aware of all the trials and tribulations he’d already been through before his most recent (2019) injury. His career has been something of a roller coaster. The more power to him. Guy doesn’t quit. Very happy he’ll be back in the paid ranks. Hope he stays healthy.

On 31/07/2020 at 13:56, Kintamayama said:

I see they lost no time in scheduling the Shishi v Shori match, Shori by kotenage on Day 3.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ichimawashi said:

I see they lost no time in scheduling the Shishi v Shori match, Shori by kotenage on Day 3.  :)

• Like 2

On 31/07/2020 at 08:46, Seiyashi said:

Something's up with Toma, he hasn't been moving right for the whole basho.

Does anyone know if Toma has managed to shed any kilos? On his debut he came in at 211 kg. I'm the same height and half that weight and I am considered obese. There are countries in Europe where a BMI of 63 would lead to hospitalisation.

Anybody got video on this Hokuseiho kid? I'd love to see a match... OK, maybe it's just withdrawal again, but TigerBoy1966 has me intrigued.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Kaminariyuki said:

Anybody got video on this Hokuseiho kid? I'd love to see a match... OK, maybe it's just withdrawal again, but TigerBoy1966 has me intrigued.

From Maezumo in March - I am not impressed. Just being tall is good enough for Jonokuchi but I see him hitting the wall in Jonidan already. Shades of Homarenishiki.

Jonokuchi yusho clincher Day 13, July 2020 basho:

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1