Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Lower division celebs results

Ura is now 4-0. He beat Tatsukaze by oshitaoshi. 

Ura is now 5-0. He beat Mitozakura by oshidashi.

Posted (edited)

Jokoryu v Fujiazuma

Asabenkei v Naya

Edited by Otokonoyama
  • Like 2

Ura is 7-0 after winning today and will face same heya and ex-tsukebito Nankairiki in a playoff for the yusho.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Ura is 7-0 after winning today and will face same heya and ex-tsukebito Nankairiki in a playoff for the yusho.

Awesome! Has this ever happened before, a rikishi vs. his ex-tsukebito for a yusho playoff?

Edited by Kaminariyuki

On 20/03/2020 at 00:58, Kintamayama said:

Is this more Kintamayama humor going over my head? Again? I don't see a Nankairiki in the NSK database and it doesn't look like Ura is wrestling tomorrow. Has he actually already claimed the yusho? Doesn't look like anyone else is undefeated in Sandamne.

6 minutes ago, Kaminariyuki said:

Is this more Kintamayama humor going over my head? Again? I don't see a Nankairiki in the NSK database and it doesn't look like Ura is wrestling tomorrow. Has he actually already claimed the yusho? Doesn't look like anyone else is undefeated in Sandamne.

No joke.

Nankairiki's Haru 2020 Basho results

You won't see the matchup just yet because it's a playoff, and they get added later.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Kaminariyuki said:

Thanks, Kintamayama has gotten me before with his wry wit!

Note- I never kid when it comes to facts*. The playoffs are  not on the torikumi. And Nankairiki has been around since 2003 and has changed heyas 4 times..

*Except here and there..

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Since Ura's already got the zensho and a playoff win is irrelevant to his next ranking, I am pulling for Nankairiki to win the playoff. After nearly 20 years in the sport a yusho would be nice!

Edited by Katooshu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kintamayama said:

Note- I never kid when it comes to facts*. The playoffs are  not on the torikumi. And Nankairiki has been around since 2003 and has changed heyas 4 times..

*Except here and there..

I was getting ready to look up the name, as I know that “nan” can mean what or how many. And “kai” can mean times. I wondered what sort of gag lay in “riki”

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Kaminariyuki said:

I was getting ready to look up the name, as I know that “nan” can mean what or how many. And “kai” can mean times. I wondered what sort of gag lay in “riki”

Riki is the same kanji as chikara or strength. Kai is the same kanji as sea (umi). There have been quite a few riki rikishi (you can look it up in Rikipedia) in the past, notably Takatouriki and Isshinriki. Nankai means south sea. Also "how many times?", but different kanji.

Edited by Kintamayama