Sign in to follow this  
Rocks

Games Talk - Hatsu 2020

2 hours ago, Sakura said:

Just got up to check the Bench results. :-)

I think it makes up for everything else this basho.

Hey, you also won Guess Hokutofuji's Aite this basho - or do you just take that for granted these days. :-D

4 hours ago, Jejima said:

I was sure that I covered this eventuality in the original Bench Sumo rules written a couple of decades ago, but it seems that I didn't. However, yes, a Yokozuna-Ozeki will be considered a Yokozuna for the purposes of Bench Sumo. 

Hana-ichi posed an interesting question in the chatroom yesterday: What if there aren't any Yokozuna on the banzuke, or both Ozeki slots are filled by Yokozuna-Ozeki? Will players get an additional Maegashira pick?

Edited by Jakusotsu

40 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

Hana-ichi posed an interesting question in the chatroom yesterday: What if there aren't any Yokozuna on the banzuke, or both Ozeki slots are filled by Yokozuna-Ozeki? Will players get an additional Maegashira pick?

That bit I did foresee all those years ago.....

To quote from here...

Your squad for the Bench Basho. This will comprise of the following Makunouchi Division rikishi:- One Yokozuna, one Ozeki, one Sekiwake, one Komusubi and 6 Maegashira rikishi. In the case that one or more of the sanyaku ranks (i.e. Yokozuna, Ozeki, Sekiwake or Komusubi) have no active rikishi taking part in a particular basho, you will be allowed to select an extra maegashira ranked rikishi to fill out your squad. Be sure to check after the Day 1 torikumi is announced on the Saturday before the basho to see if any of your rikishi have withdrawn due to injury so that you can replace them in time.

3 hours ago, Jejima said:

Hey, you also won Guess Hokutofuji's Aite this basho - or do you just take that for granted these days. :-D

I was referring to Masters games, though I was not clear about that. GHA (I still miss the K) is one of my favourite games to play, but it is really stressful to maintain a Yokozuna rank.

Congrats to @Sakura on her yushos (plural) ! (Yushowinner...) And thanks for all the game runners! (Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)

1 hour ago, Jejima said:

To quote from here...

Your squad for the Bench Basho. This will comprise of the following Makunouchi Division rikishi:- One Yokozuna, one Ozeki, one Sekiwake, one Komusubi and 6 Maegashira rikishi. In the case that one or more of the sanyaku ranks (i.e. Yokozuna, Ozeki, Sekiwake or Komusubi) have no active rikishi taking part in a particular basho, you will be allowed to select an extra maegashira ranked rikishi to fill out your squad. Be sure to check after the Day 1 torikumi is announced on the Saturday before the basho to see if any of your rikishi have withdrawn due to injury so that you can replace them in time.

Sounds good, but I doubt that the "drug checking" routine will allow for such a case. We've been awfully close in Kyushu 2018 when Hakuho and Kakuryu withdrew and Kisenosato went kyujo after four days.

4 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

Sounds good, but I doubt that the "drug checking" routine will allow for such a case. We've been awfully close in Kyushu 2018 when Hakuho and Kakuryu withdrew and Kisenosato went kyujo after four days.

@Doitsuyama - can the current automation handle having an additional maegashira pick, when lacking a sanyaku rank? 

1 hour ago, Jejima said:

To quote from here...

I think I recall bringing up this topic with Kofuji when I visited him in UAE, and I think he said that it was already included in the automation - but that was the old automation.

Edited by Jejima

On 25/01/2020 at 19:16, Gurowake said:

I assume that for all the during-basho games, A Yokozuna-Ozeki will just be treated like a Yokozuna.  Not sure how it will appear on the Kyokai website though, and how it should be handled for GTB.

I entered my GTB (with a separate explanatory email to Moti), that I was using the Y2 option as my Yokozuna-Ozeki pick.

3 minutes ago, Jejima said:

I entered my GTB (with a separate explanatory email to Moti), that I was using the Y2 option as my Yokozuna-Ozeki pick.

And how did you enter your M18?

3 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

And how did you enter your M18?

Secret ;-)

21 minutes ago, Jejima said:

I think that on the Banzuke itself, the Yokozunae are listed as Yokozunae. The West Yokozuna will be regarded as the Yokozeki for all intents and purposes.

• Like 1

M18 added, so if anyone wants to revisit his guess..

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

I think that on the Banzuke itself, the Yokozunae are listed as Yokozunae. The West Yokozuna will be regarded as the Yokozeki for all intents and purposes.

West yokozuna it is, but on the banzuke itself he is listed as YO

On 21/01/2020 at 08:49, Akinomaki said:

WikiP gives 2 cases where none of the yokozuna was put on the banzuke as yokozeki like usually this

926d6f9a181cbea4e1a9a3e4d8575000.jpg

1 minute ago, Akinomaki said:

West yokozuna it is, but on the banzuke itself he is listed as YO

OK, agreed...