Benihana - Terunofuji
chishafuwaku - Terunofuji
Achiyama - Terunofuji
Tameiki - Chiyoshoma
Gaijingai - Terunofuji
Fujisan - Terunofuji
Gansekiiwa - Nishikigi
WAKATAKE - Ichinojo

The Terunofuji express continues to run and doesn't seem to be letting up steam. 7 players pick the monster man.

Edited by WAKATAKE

Day 5 results:

Terunofuji - win (Athenayama, Tenshinhan, Benihana, chishafuwaku, Achiyama, Gaijingai, Fujisan)
Hoshoryu - win (Flohru)
Nishikigi - loss (Akogyokuseki, Gansekiiwa)
Chiyoshoma - loss (Tameiki)
Ichinojo - win (WAKATAKE)

Terunofuji continues his streak, and we also continue to have many players benefiting from his winning.

Active streaks

From Kyushu 2019:

11 -  @Benihana (sole 3rd place on top 10 JWS win streak)
6 - chishafuwaku

Hatsu 2020

5 - Athenayama, Tenshinhan, Benihana, chishafuwaku
4 - Gaijingai, WAKATAKE
2 - Flohru
1 - Achiyama, Fujisan

Day 6 submissions:

Athenayama - Terunofuji
Flohru - Hoshoryu
Tenshinhan - Terunofuji
Akogyokuseki - Hoshoryu
Benihana - Terunofuji
Achiyama - Terunofuji
Tameiki - Chiyoshoma
Gaijingai - Terunofuji
Fujisan - Terunofuji
Gansekiiwa - Ichinojo
WAKATAKE - Ichinojo

Holding steady with 7 players riding the Ichinojo train again, our top four players have taken a chance with him all six days so far.

Day 6 results:

Terunofuji - win (Athenayama, Tenshinhan, Benihana, chishafuwaku, Achiyama, Gaijingai, Fujisan)
Hoshoryu - win (Flohru, Akogyokuseki)
Chiyoshoma - loss (Tameiki)
Ichinojo - loss (Gansekiiwa, WAKATAKE)

Terunofuji pulls out another win and we have an interesting race starting to develop. We could be headed for a playoff situation soon.

Active streaks

From Kyushu 2019:

12 - Benihana
7 - chishafuwaku

Hatsu 2020

6 - Athenayama, Tenshinhan, Benihana, chishafuwaku
5 - Gaijingai
3 - Flohru
2 - Achiyama, Fujisan
1 - Akogyokuseki

Highlight of the basho so far is @Benihana tying for 1st place in a 3 way tie with chishafuwaku and Gansekiiwa for longest overall streak of JWS at 12. Congratulations to Benihana! Can he break the record???

@ Wakatake: I've selected Hoshoryu as my day 1 pick, but Terunofuji as my 1st default pick, assuming that Terunofuji would kick in from day 2 onwards if I send no further pick. I only now realize that was not the case. The rules indicate that you are keeping the rikishi you pick on any given day unless you send a new pick, so that is fine. However, the Surveymonkey states "Please Select Your JWS  Pick for Day X" which suggests that it is only for this day. Maybe it would be better to just write "Please Select Your JWS  Pick", not indicating a day, to avoid such misunderstandings? Thanks for providing the game!

16 hours ago, Flohru said:

@ Wakatake: I've selected Hoshoryu as my day 1 pick, but Terunofuji as my 1st default pick, assuming that Terunofuji would kick in from day 2 onwards if I send no further pick. I only now realize that was not the case. The rules indicate that you are keeping the rikishi you pick on any given day unless you send a new pick, so that is fine. However, the Surveymonkey states "Please Select Your JWS  Pick for Day X" which suggests that it is only for this day. Maybe it would be better to just write "Please Select Your JWS  Pick", not indicating a day, to avoid such misunderstandings? Thanks for providing the game!

Flohru, thank you for taking the time to write the post, I appreciate the feedback. I keep the polls for each day separate so as to help me keep track more clearly with everyone who makes their submissions. There are the cases like yours where some players only pick one rikishi and leave it to fate for the whole basho, which is why I made the JWS registration link in this post before the basho started for people who were only going to use one pick. I went through the registration poll and though I had seen you fill out the survey, but I see that I was wrong. After careful review of the rules, and with the new registration I put into place asking people to indicate how they would play, you are "technically" not a one pick all basho player, instead being a "daily" player. 

There are several points from the rules that would support your first default Terunofuji being your main selection from day 2 on. Especially since I have not indicated thoroughly rules about being a daily or single rikishi player, this is what I have found:

7. Please designate 1st, 2nd, and 3rd default picks for the basho
  a. If you are playing daily and miss the deadline, your 1st default will be used as your submission
13. If you do not choose a default rikishi, your pick from the previous day will be used

For the rules above, since you did indicate you were a single pick player, you entered this game as a daily player. You also did have your default picks in place, meaning that based on technicality Terunofuji acts as your picks from day 2 through 6 (and 7 with this correction being made). 

Therefore I would like to ask the other ten players @Athenayama, @Tenshinhan, @Akōgyokuseki, @Benihana, @chishafuwaku, @Achiyama, @Tameiki, @Gaijingai, @Fujisan, @Rocks in the JWS playing field the following:

Flohru to me has made and proved his case that he entered the game as a "daily" player but has not been making daily picks, meaning his first default Terunofuji was supposed to be his pick for days 2 through 6. Based on my understanding of his past history of having only "picked" only one player in the past, I made a misapplication of the rules and gave him the wrong pick for days 2 through 6. Therefore he is entitled to have his picks from day 2 through 6 be changed retroactively due to the mistake on my part of administering the game. Because of the nature of Terunofuji being his pick and the win streak of Terunofuji, I want to make sure that everybody is aware of and in agreement of making these retroactive changes based on correcting the misapplication of his picks by the game administrator (WAKATAKE).

If I could get responses and feedback about this, it would be most appreciated.

Next basho I will be clarifying and cleaning up the rules language to make things a lot clearer to understand.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Day 7 submissions:

Athenayama - Terunofuji
Flohru - Terunofuji
Tenshinhan - Terunofuji
Akogyokuseki - Hoshoryu
Benihana - Terunofuji
Achiyama - Terunofuji
Tameiki - Daishoho
Gaijingai - Terunofuji
Fujisan - Terunofuji
Gansekiiwa - Daishoho
WAKATAKE - Ichinojo

8 players on the Terunofuji train today.

Day 7 results:

Terunofuji - win (Athenayama, Flohru, Tenshinhan, Benihana, chishafuwaku, Achiyama, Gaijingai, Fujisan)
Hoshoryu - win (Akogyokuseki)
Daishoho - win (Tameiki, Gansekiiwa)
Ichinojo - loss (WAKATAKE)

Almost had our second perfect day of the basho. Terunofuji continues to impress, and has benefitted many of our players here so far.

Active streaks

From Kyushu 2019:

13 - Benihana
8 - chishafuwaku

Hatsu 2020

7 - Athenayama, Tenshinhan, Benihana, chishafuwaku
6 - Gaijingai
4 - Flohru*
3 - Achiyama, Fujisan
2 - Akogyokuseki
1 - Tameiki, Gansekiiwa

Congratulation to @Benihana who is now the new reigning JWS overall champion with 13 consecutive wins and standing alone in 1st place on the all time list! Can he make it to 15? @chishafuwaku also make 10th place on the list. @Tenshinhan and @Athenayama can make the list on day 8 with a win

6 hours ago, WAKATAKE said:

If I could get responses and feedback about this, it would be most appreciated.

Next basho I will be clarifying and cleaning up the rules language to make things a lot clearer to understand.

Thanks.

OK for me. It's just a game afterall, not a war. I assume that everyone is in good faith so whatever the Game Master's decision is, I'm ok with it.   :-)

7 hours ago, WAKATAKE said:

Flohru to me has made and proved his case that he entered the game as a "daily" player but has not been making daily picks, meaning his first default Terunofuji was supposed to be his pick for days 2 through 6. Based on my understanding of his past history of having only "picked" only one player in the past, I made a misapplication of the rules and gave him the wrong pick for days 2 through 6.

Wakatake: Thanks for your response and your efforts; However, I am now positive that this was actually completely my mistake (I never even realized there is a registration page where I am suppose to indicate whether I plan to enter my picks daily or not - and, yes, I should have checked the results sooner), so I am 100 % fine with having Hoshoryu counted as my picked from day 2 onwards. Starting next basho I am going to make things easier by simply playing daily - the game deserved it!

2 hours ago, Athenayama said:

OK for me. It's just a game afterall, not a war. I assume that everyone is in good faith so whatever the Game Master's decision is, I'm ok with it.   :-)

I am in full agreement with Athenayama's view.

Day 8

Hoshoryu

Flohru is a gentleman. Of course give him the wins.

1 hour ago, Gaijingai said:

Flohru is a gentleman. Of course give him the wins.

I agree.

If not too, late...

Day 8: Yago

Day 8 submissions:

Athenayama - Hoshoryu
Flohru - Terunofuji
Tenshinhan - Terunofuji
Akogyokuseki - Akua
Benihana - Hoshoryu
Achiyama - Tobizaru
Tameiki - Yago
Gaijingai - Hoshoryu
Fujisan - Hoshoryu
Gansekiiwa - Yago
WAKATAKE - Terunofuji

Suddenly we had many people get off the Terunofuji train, with Terunofuji and Hoshoryu getting four votes each for day 8.

Day 8 results:

Hoshoryu - loss (Athenayama, Benihana, Gaijingai, Fujisan)
Terunofuji - win (Flohru, Tenshinhan, chishafuwaku, WAKATAKE)
Akua - win (Akogyokuseki)
Tobizaru - win (Achiyama)
Yago - loss (Tameiki, Gansekiiwa)

The Terunofuji train continues to roll but left many of our players behind, including two of our leaders in Athenayama and Benihana. Tenshinhan and chishafuwaku continue to maintain their winning streaks, and @chishafuwaku is now officially in the top 10 list for JWS streaks. @Tenshinhan winning tomorrow can get him into the list too.

Active streaks

From Kyushu 2019

9 - chishafuwaku

Hatsu 2020

8 - Tenshinhan, chishafuwaku
7 - Flohru*
4 - Achiyama
3 - Akogyokuseki
1 - WAKATAKE

By consensus of our many players in this game, I am giving credit to @Flohru for day 3 picking Terunofuji, and because the picks I had him for Hoshoryu on days 2, 4, 5, 6 had Hoshoryu winning anyway, that record will stand. Therefore Flohru currently has 7 straight wins and his default 1 Terunofuji will continue to be used barring any daily changes Flohru makes.