Kintamayama

GTB Hatsu 2020- 102 players, results

Drring drring.. Drring driing..

Nobody answers. Everyone is injured. Except Kizakiumi. But who cares?

GTB. Please play.

Rules: Guess the Banzuke. Simple. You get two points for a bulls-eye and one point for just getting the rank right. You get no points for overlooking the courtyard. Tiebreakers - Most total guesses, then we check the banzuke backwards - getting the lower half right will be important.  The most correct guesses in the last ten places will win the tiebreaker. If still tied , we go up a ranking at a time like a penalty shootout. It's up to you to check if you are on the list of entries. It's going to be your fault if you don't notice that your entry went missing in the Internet void. No late entries will be expected or accepted.

For rules, standings and videos:
http://www.dichne.com/Guess.htm

For the nifty entry form:
http://sumodb.sumoga...b/GTBEntry.aspx

For the "new" archives:
http://sumodb.sumoga...gtbarchive.aspx

Free online live sumo for foreign sumo fans as well!!
http://inyourdreams-suckers.tv

Special helper for your banzuke-making, courtesy of Tsuchinoninjin:

http://sumoninjin.droppages.com/sumoHBcustom.html

Deadline- TUESDAY December 17th, 2019  at 18:00 GMT ("Give Moti Time") - PLEASE NOTE-THIS IS ONE WEEK BEFORE THE OFFICIAL BANZUKE ANNOUNCEMENT !!

Special thanks to Andoreasu who runs it, Doitsuyama who automates and maintains it and  to The Edge for the fingers.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

This one seems to be really hard, and I mean far worse than the 4 komosubi ambush one. With a decent chance to score a big fat 0 between M7 and M14.
Might as well give the GTB yusho toAsashosakari and call it a day :-P.

At least, with the John Gunning's GTB reference during the Kyushu basho, we can hope for some new players.

All the rikishi going by numbers to M8 looks like an absolute disaster in the making.

It's all fair.   We are all playing with the same rule.   In fact, this and the last basho give us the mortals a chance to score well against the perennial experts (not that I took the advantage).  

• Like 1

OK, I'm in. Another very tricky one...massive logjam in the middle that really could be in any order imaginable. Once again, I'll feel fortunate with an 8-7 here...and over the moon with a 10-5.

Looks like we're in for a game with few participants this time around. Very difficult banzuke to suss. I'm taking it seriously this time and have already made two attempts, a first for me. How far down will they drop Tochinoshin, the eternally banzuke-abused? Who will be demoted five ranks with a 6-9? Where will Tomokaze end up? Will Takayasu be Sekiwake E2 ? Will Asanoyama be promoted to Sekiwake with that 11-4? Will the site be on-line when I make my entry (down at the moment..)? Many questions, even more possible answers.

As an aside, since doing the videos, my gaming passion has gone way down. Now that that's all behind me,  I'm raring to go and I intend to enter most automated games and regain what's rightfully mine,  i.e. a place in the SB top ten. I may be a bit rusty at first, but here I come!!

• Like 14

Just a heads up- the entry form site (the whole database, to be more exact..) is very flaky these last few days, so I suggest you get your entries in NOW or sooner, so you don't get caught up in some site downtime. Thank you.

On 09/12/2019 at 15:21, Kintamayama said:

so I suggest you get your entries NOW or sooner

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try and find some time to do it yesterday 

No problems with submitting my entry, everything worked fine...
But somehow I've got the feeling that a Kosho would've been better for my (alread abysmal) place on the Banzuke ;-) 

19 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

Why doesn't the entry page allow haridashi ranks M7-M8?

It does, but only for players who say ni.

5 days to go, very low number of participants so far, so you may actually have a chance!!

No matter how long you revise and how much you change, it doesn't get any less ugly.

Key to success will be how much you think the former Ozeki will get tochinoshined.

On 13/12/2019 at 11:03, Jakusotsu said:

No matter how long you revise and how much you change, it doesn't get any less ugly.

Key to success will be how much you think the former Ozeki will get tochinoshined.

You could get seriously torchinoshined or even torturenoshined... 

Reviewing my GTB (prepared just after the last Basho) before submitting it, I was amazed at the size of the numbers in my 'banzuke luck' column on the spreadsheet.  

And then I realised there was basically nothing to be done about it.  A lot of rikishi going to be sad.

3 hours ago, Asashosakari said:

If anyone can still use the Google doc with two days to go: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VnH1QuxGBYnEVO2TZ-cl4CMCLgDEdeN_jI3pETC7Vx4/

Thanks, I always wait till the last moment to start with guessing, in the hope to be able to use your spreadsheet. Only if there is none 2 days before the deadline, I copy the database results myself into an old version and use that - this was just the time.

• Like 1

I'm in, and it feels like anything between 40 and 80 is possible here, even with the correct sanyaku...