Sign in to follow this  
Rocks

Games Talk Kyushu 2019

Kakuryu out. Plenty of time to make changes fellas. Get at it! Freebies for first 2 Days. Asanoyama and Okinoumi must be pleased.

3 minutes ago, Rocks said:

Freebies for first 2 Days. Asanoyama and Okinoumi must be pleased.

The Day 2 schedule will likely be changed, same as when Kakuryu did this back in Haru 2015.

1 minute ago, Asashosakari said:

The Day 2 schedule will likely be changed, same as when Kakuryu did this back in Haru 2015.

Oh, Okay. Too bad for Okinoumi.

22 minutes ago, orandashoho said:

Unbelievingly bad day in SG... 1 - 9 !!!  I wonder, has anyone ever had a day result of 0-10?

I guess you had only 1 pick correct but your loss was only 1-3. There have been a couple of bouts where someone scored 0. Maybe a dozen or so. Just look at the statistics for the lowest scoring days and you'll easily find out.

Ganzohnesushi

I think it was a bad day all round. And yes, my opponent had 3, not 9, so the bout was 1-3. 
There were others with one point too. Even one with 0... GAMBARIMASU

Don't want to open a new thread as I think it should be @Randomitsuki doing it. Is there any chance we can have - like in previous years - the annual World Championship Finals and Kyushu Masters thread? I assume you're busy but it can't hurt to ask.. ;-) 

Ganzohnesushi

I entered the games today.

After my plane aborted its landing at my connecting airport because the plane in front of us crashed(!!)

From above the pacific ocean.

I entered the games today.

(also I can watch kintamayama's video in 360p its pretty nice)

Rando is tracking Oracle but I'll do my usual summary for the Yokozuna/ozeki plus Haidouzo and MechaJejima!

Day 3:

Leader: Pandaazuma
Gansekiiwa -4
Haidouzo, MechaJejima -6
Choshu-Yuki -7
Gurowake -9
Norizo -15

Hmmm...not much game talk going on. How are you doing, lads and lasses?

Oracle day 5:

Choshu-Yuki -1
Gansekiiwa -3
Gurowake -7
Haidouzo -10
MechaJejima -11
Norizo -13

Note my scores may be slightly different to Rando's. I use the same methodology but I score in kyujo lads who won't be coming back, like Shin and Waka. Panda took a massive hit with those two withdrawals, as I have Shin 10-5 (many have him 7-8) and was one of the few to predict 8-7 for Waka. Damned annoying. Anyway, I am lucky to still be in the lead.

1 hour ago, Pandaazuma said:

Note my scores may be slightly different to Rando's. I use the same methodology but I score in kyujo lads who won't be coming back, like Shin and Waka. 

I also include kyujo rikishi as they are a very decisive factor in the outcome of the game. However, only today I realized that I had missed the one kyujo in Juryo from Day 2, so this might be the reason why our standings weren't always identical.

• Thanks 1

Just saw the post on the Bench ML from @Takanorappa about Athenayama being removed from Mukade Beya! I had no idea he was even in Mukade Beya. Was it just an error, or did someone ask for him to be put in? I actually tagged you a few weeks ago asking for newcomer Chelseayama to be added to Mukade, but it looks like you missed it. Anyway, you can add him next basho if it's a pain. Thanks.

13 hours ago, Randomitsuki said:

I also include kyujo rikishi as they are a very decisive factor in the outcome of the game. However, only today I realized that I had missed the one kyujo in Juryo from Day 2, so this might be the reason why our standings weren't always identical.

Quite possible. Although now the 1-point discrepancy we have for Choshu-Yuki is driving my OCD self nuts! ;)

Oracle day 7:

Gansekiiwa -1
Choshu-Yuki -5
Gurowake -7
Haidouzo -9
MechaJejima -11
Norizo -13

What an ODD set of numbers...

2 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

Oracle day 7:

Gansekiiwa -1
Choshu-Yuki -5
Gurowake -7
Haidouzo -9
MechaJejima -11
Norizo -13

What an ODD set of numbers...

You think the NUMBERS are odd?  Look at all the players! ^_^

• Haha 1

Oracle Day 9:

Choshu-Yuki -4
Gansekiiwa -5
MechaJejima -7
Gurowake -8
Norizo -11
Haidouzo -12

Just for the record: two players submitted their day nine entry in Sekitoto based on the (revised) first version of the torikumi. Andrasoyamawaka picked Takayasu but at least has a regular result with 17-13-1 while Dan Koloff (picking Tsukahara) produced a complete blank at 0-31.

In Turn The Tide, Okamnoitamashi managed to (illegally) pick 4-4 Mitakeumi, resulting in a kinboshi. Should he remain in the lead for the shukun-sho, I'll have to virtually deduct one point.

Dunno if anything else was affected...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oracle Day 13...

Sorry for the late updates...been way too busy. :(

Leader: Gansekiiwa
Gurowake -4
Pandaazuma, Choshu-Yuki -5
MechaJejima -6
Haidouzo -11
Norizo -12

On 22/11/2019 at 19:01, Pandaazuma said:

Oracle Day 13...

Sorry for the late updates...been way too busy. :(

Leader: Gansekiiwa
Gurowake -4
Pandaazuma, Choshu-Yuki -5
MechaJejima -6
Haidouzo -11
Norizo -12

Always be nervous when Panda has you leading Oracle....

I'm not confident. I would be very happy with a Top 10.

Starting the night -4 on already decided matches giving me a 337. Good news is I have 12 matches in which I can gain points. Bad News is in most of those I need the guy who's been doing poorly to win. Oh well.

Well, you're only leading among the yok/ozeki group. Rando has Ganzo in the lead, I think.

22 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

Well, you're only leading among the yok/ozeki group. Rando has Ganzo in the lead, I think.

Yes, it's closer than I thought for the few I did.

I have Asashosakari starting the night at 538 with 10 tossups giving a range of 528-548 and Ganzohnesushi starting at 539 with 10 tossups and a range of 529 -549.

All 3 of us have massive overlap in tossups, maybe 2 or 3 different.  There's a lot of others too that could win. Very tight. I only did us 3.

6 minutes ago, Ganzohnesushi said:

I guess Ikioi will decide. I have him 11-4....

Ganzohnesushi

YUp

Didn't even notice Juryo started. Tossups done for Juryo:

Me 539 Sokokruai cost me.

Asashosakari 541

Ganzo 543

I have 8 tossups for Makuuchi. Asashosakari 7 and Ganzo 6.