Sign in to follow this  
TakaTochi

SumoDB down?

Hi guys, I am trying to do some research on Aminishiki and Yoshikaze.  So I went to the Sumogames.de site, and it gives me a 404 message.  I went to isitdownrightnow.com and it said that the site had been down for over a week.  Does anyone have information as to why it's down, when it'll come back up, or a workaround database I can use in the meantime?

I've tried the Brave and Opera browsers.

http://sumodb.sumogames.de

Hi Asojima, thanks for your reply.  I clicked on your link, and the site behaved the same.  About five seconds of loading, then the 404 screen. 

Is the owner of the site active on this forum?

8 hours ago, TakaTochi said:

Hi guys, I am trying to do some research on Aminishiki and Yoshikaze.  So I went to the Sumogames.de site, and it gives me a 404 message.  I went to isitdownrightnow.com and it said that the site had been down for over a week.  Does anyone have information as to why it's down, when it'll come back up, or a workaround database I can use in the meantime?

The site is down plenty of the time for years now, but not down for over a week - I could use it on Tuesday. You just have to wait till it's up again. It's the site of Doitsuyama. I found an old mirror-like site some months ago, but then had to experience it to be down as well when I tried it as the up-to-date site was unavailable again.

Thanks, guys.  It works.  For now.

We should look into mirroring the site in case this kind of thing happens again, given that it seems fairly routine.

The DB has been a yo-yo with about a five minute interval for the last day, at least. Patience...

Update:  It seems to have stabilized now.

Edited by Asojima

Would it be possible to start a Patreon or something similar for the DB to get on a more stable environment or hosting solution @Doitsuyama?

It is such a great and useful resource for many sumo fans/writers/forum members etc. I know I and many others would be happy to kick in a couple dollars/euro/hundred yen a month if it would help.

While the site itself is up and down, some of the components don't seem to be quite working at the moment. I attempted to submit a request via feedback form for an update to the Kabu page to reflect the recent changes (Onomatsu, Homarefuji etc) and that threw a 404 even though the rest of the site seemed to be functional for the time being.

• Like 1