gachapon

Acceptable to bring stadium/trail chair for use in Box seats?

That's basically just your personal zabuton - these are allowed. You only have to take care not to block the view of those in the boxes behind you, which is guaranteed if the thing is not much wider and higher than your shoulders while sitting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't know if this will make it into my bag, but since I want to show up for Sandamne on Day 14 if Ura is wrestling, I may want one...

I have never seen anything like that brought into the Kokugikan, ever. But if Brothers says it's OK, he's probably right..

I have seen Japanese bring in stacks (literally) of their own personal cushions to supplement the provided zabuton 

On 21/10/2019 at 00:56, Akinomaki said:

That's basically just your personal zabuton - these are allowed. You only have to take care not to block the view of those in the boxes behind you, which is guaranteed if the thing is not much wider and higher than your shoulders while sitting.

Just use caution when flinging it after a yokozuna defeat.

On 08/02/2020 at 06:17, since_94 said:

I have seen Japanese bring in stacks (literally) of their own personal cushions to supplement the provided zabuton 

Which is understandable, because the zabuton they supply are basically the thickness of cardboard.

• Haha 1

Plus, especially if you like watching the lower divisions, it can be a very long day of sitting, however enjoyable. Those unaccustomed to sitting on the floor might get uncomfortable.