Akinomaki

YDC comments Aki 2019

23 hours ago, Sakura said:

Any news on what the YDC said?

YDC top Yano in the press conference after the meeting:

"We want the yokozuna and ozeki to gambarize. We wish that they take it seriously to quickly cure the injuries."

"The yokozuna have a heavy responsibility. I want them to be aware of it anew."

About Hakuho being Japanese now: "We want him to become a bridge connecting Japan and Mongolia. I think he will keep on living in the NSK. He has sempai (Musashimaru, Kyokutenho, Osh). I want him to follow the good points in their examples."

About Takakeisho:"Thinking of a long future, I want him to put utmost effort into healing the injury."

About Mitakeumi: "He should keep his word (from the yusho interview to get to ozeki next basho) and catch up with Takakeisho to be the front-runners of the young hopes."

"We have come to the period of generation change. It's delightful that the young ones progress, but if those above won't turn into a wall for them, the depth of sumo becomes their obstacle." (= they won't mature into real excellence)

About Enho: "With a small body he has speed, it's a good sensation. The small getting the better of the big, willows are weak, yet they bind other wood. He let me taste the real pleasure of sumo."

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2019/09/24/kiji/20190924s00005000042000c.html

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXLSSXK10349_T20C19A9000000/

http://www.daily.co.jp/general/2019/09/23/0012727034.shtml

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

"We want the yokozuna and ozeki to gambarize. We wish that they take it seriously to quickly cure the injuries."

Hear that fellas? Stop joking around and heal already.

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

He has sempai (Musashimaru, Kyokutenho, Osh). I want him to follow the good points in their examples."

"(And not the bad points)"

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rocks said:

Hear that fellas? Stop joking around and heal already.

And when you nail that down, I'll have some of whatever it is that heals you quickly, too. Maybe I'll get a chance to tachiai just once myself.

Well, the younger generation are still weak, as shown by their total wins this year until now: the best is only 45 wins, 9 wins per basho on average, and the most hopeful Takakesho was badly injured again. I don't expect any of them to dominant in near future. The two yokozuna will probably retire by this time next year. The sumo will be in warring kingdoms for several years.

12 minutes ago, Dapeng said:

Well, the younger generation are still weak, as shown by their total wins this year until now: the best is only 45 wins, 9 wins per basho on average,

What a weird metric, to judge absolute strength by relative performance.

You know you'd see the exact same thing if they were all strong, right?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

...."We want the yokozuna and ozeki to gambarize. We wish that they take it seriously to quickly cure the injuries."

....And pressure like this is why Kisenosato is now Araiso Oyakata. (Blowingupfuriously...)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kuroyama said:

What a weird metric, to judge absolute strength by relative performance.

You know you'd see the exact same thing if they were all strong, right?

In sumo history, dominant yokozuna appeared at about one in every ten years. I do not see any one in the current younger generation will become a dominant yokozuna. You can have multipe Kise or Kaku-level yokozunas, but not many Takanohana's and rarely Hakuho's.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

YDC top Yano in the press conference after the meeting:

Kyujo is under the knife.

On 24/09/2019 at 20:57, Akinomaki said:

About Enho: "With a small body he has speed, it's a good sensation. The small getting the better of the big, willows are weak, yet they bind other wood. He let me taste the real pleasure of sumo."

OK, it's a translation, but that is one of the weirdest things I have read in a while.

Uuuaaagh...