Kintamayama

Videos Aki 2019 ~ Days 1-12

Hello. As per usual, I am announcing my retirement from doing the videos. I will be fading out slowly, not at once. I've always said I will stop when there will be a viable replacement and there is in Natto's very excellent dynamic channel with tons of stats, so my time has come. This basho I'll do days 1-4, then 12-15, give or take, as I'll be in the far south on the Red Sea shores in the middle days making a living for a change.. As for Kyushu, I'll do my best as I'm on tour in Sardinia, Italy for a month, so maybe 5-6 days when I get back. Excellent opportunity to fade away while using work as an excuse. I will probably do some days in Japanese as well.. And perhaps some Juryo here and there. Lately my viewership has dropped sharply anyway, so there will not be a vacuum. In any case, I'll be around to pick up the slack when and if. Thank you and on with the ba-show!!

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 10
  • Sad 14

You will be deeply missed (though slowly :-)).  What name will you take as an oyakata?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Hello. As per usual, I am announcing my retirement from doing the videos. I will be fading out slowly, not at once. I've always said I will stop when there will be a viable replacement and there is in Natto's very excellent dynamic channel with tons of stats, so my time has come. This basho I'll do days 1-4, then 12-15, give or take, as I'll be in the far south on the Red Sea shores in the middle days making a living for a change.. As for Kyushu, I'll do my best as I'm on tour in Sardinia, Italy for a month, so maybe 5-6 days when I get back. Excellent opportunity to fade away while using work as an excuse. I will probably do some days in Japanese as well.. And perhaps some Juryo here and there. Lately my viewership has dropped sharply anyway, so there will not be a vacuum. In any case, I'll be around to pick up the slack when and if. Thank you and on with the ba-show!!

Nooo!  What a tragedy!  You're the best.

Thank you so much for all you've done.  It was your videos that brought me into sumo several years ago, and I watched all of the bashos I had missed previously.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yamanashi said:

You will be deeply missed (though slowly :-)).  What name will you take as an oyakata?

How about Kintatarumi?  (according to Google translator - "Sagging testicles").

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Yamanashi said:

I'm going into the restaurant business..

• Haha 7

I'll be away till day 12, so unless a miracle happens I'm off air till then this basho.

Day 4:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

With going kyujo on day five, for how many consecutive days did your streak last ? ;-)

5 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

I'll be away till day 12, so unless a miracle happens I'm off air till then this basho.

I hope it's for something fun, but we'd understand if you're out gathering more testicles for the mountain.

• Like 1

Thank you for all the hard work! I'll be missing your videos for sure, whether it's kyujo or full-on intai. In any case you have a touch that all other videos are missing. But it's understandable that real life takes preference. As long as you don't fade out from the forum as well it's all good. 

Hi from the beach drinking something with an Umbrella in it. Gig starts soon, I hope you had a good day five..Will be back on the 19th and then we’ll see what’s going to happen..In the meantime all I can say is everything I predicted was totally wrong - everyone I said would do bad is doing great and vice versa so don’t ever listen to me anymore, steak or no steak.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

In the meantime all I can say is everything I predicted was totally wrong - everyone I said would do bad is doing great and vice versa so don’t ever listen to me anymore, steak or no steak.

Kanpai! And now go and get that 20th anniversary Bench Sumo yusho!

Can't find a satisfactory highlights reel. Rescinding Kinta's kyujo status...

Edited by Otokonoyama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1