Sign in to follow this  
Rocks

Games Talk Aki 2019

7 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

I think the idea is that the yusho TB criterion should be different to that of any of the sansho. For some reason, I thought it was total score in Makuuchi. Is it really Juryo picks??

You're right, my memory failed me there. It's the makuuchi score.

@Athenayama

(Ironically, the whole "make X picks more viable" thing has been playing on my mind again for the last while, as mentioned earlier.)

Edited by Asashosakari
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Athenayama said:

Hello to everyone,

First time I am posting here. I need a clarification regarding the Sekitori-Toto winner of Aki Basho 2019.

According to the rules, in case of tie break for the final win it's the less "X"s that are that are taken in account and then the total points, then the risk factor. Is that right?

If not, could anyone tell me what are the rules  in case of tie break for the yusho win?

If you check my nick you'll easily understand that I'm concerned first hand....   ;)

Thanks to all for your feedback.

Athenayama

We need strong players for the World Championships! You should give the 2020 competition a crack. Go to the link below and read the 'intro' section. Apologies if you already know all this.

http://99998271.com/sb/

1 hour ago, Asashosakari said:

And Scarebear once scored a 9-6 while aiming to have the worst possible Hoshitori entry.

If the two yokozuna don't drop out of the tournament, you're makekoshi.

I got 8 points for my predictions of the Yokozunas. panda got one point. Susanoo got zero points. Would I really be MK if one or both of the Yokozunas had gone 12-3 or better?

In Ozumo, it is not too uncommon for at least one Yokozuna to pull out mid-way through a basho. Would my style of picking give me a big edge if/when that were to happen?

@Pandazumaa

Yes I'm aware of Super Banzuke contests. Actually I'm participating in all I am allowed to. For instance is "Bench Sumo" a closed competition? I could never register in there.

But as I'm farely new to sumo fantsy games (started in 2018) I'm far from the best !

I'm trying to climb the ladder.  I have reached juryo in the Sumo Game and I am aiming to Makuuchi as soon as possible. Up to now in 9 participations, only one makekoshi. We'll see.  :)

@Asashosakari

My first rule is never to use "X" picks at Sekitori-toto.   So I have zero "X" since I started.  :D

Kintamayama introduced me to the fantasy sumo games a little less than 2 years ago, through his youtube channel. I always wanted to play that but I didn't know they existed !

Good luck to all for the future games. I'm glad I have met you here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Athenayama, no Bench isn't closed. @Jakusotsu should be able to sort you out if you want to register for next time. All the other Superbanzuke games should be open to you.

Glad you are into the games. We need new blood as the numbers have been slowly bleeding over the years, and we especially need ambitious players to make the whole thing more enjoyable.

Edited by Pandaazuma
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Athenayama said:

@Jakusotsu    @Pandazumaa   wow thanks guys ! If I knew I would have come here earlier ! haha

A gentle reminder - Bench Sumo has the earliest deadline for entries out of the daily games. Make sure that you enter in the week before the basho starts (you may change your line-up after that, but you do need to make the initial early entry.)

I recommend signing up to the Bench Sumo mailing list at either yahoo groups or google groups (where you will get the reminder for entry deadline) otherwise you are missing at least half of the fun.

Edited by Jejima

6 minutes ago, Jejima said:

A gentle reminder - Bench Sumo has the earliest deadline for entries out of the daily games. Make sure that you enter in the week before the basho starts (you may change your line-up after that, but you do need to make the initial early entry.)

I recommend signing up to the Bench Sumo mailing list at either yahoo groups or google groups (where you will get the reminder for entry deadline) otherwise you are missing at least half of the fun.

@Jejima  Noted. Thanks for the info. I am not the kind to forget when I am interested in something and sumo fantasy games clearly interest me.  :)

I have a couple of more questions if that's ok with all and if anybody knows. The "Maegashira game" is not active anymore? It's been few bashos now that we can't play it.

Also, I  have a problem to participate at the "Paper Oyakata Game". I tried to register several bashos ago and I never received confirmation in my email. When  I tried again, they replied that "this email address is already used". So I am blocked !

I can't speak German so I can't play the German fantasy. Apart from that I play  on all the other games from the list.

10 hours ago, Jejima said:

I wonder if 'Oracle' is broken as a sumo game? I had zero time to enter any pre-basho games, and so asked for Kosho in most of them. As I had skipped Oracle in July, I *had* to play it this time. Anyone looking at my picks for this game, will see that there was next to zero thought put into them. Perhaps a tinkering with the scoring system is required?

Don't get me started on that..;-) It isn't broken so much as flawed. 

Although I have come up with a more refined system than I originally suggested. Just doubling the points as you move away from a bullseye as I originally suggested helps, but not much.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

I think the idea is that the yusho TB criterion should be different to that of any of the sansho. For some reason, I thought it was total score in Makuuchi. Is it really Juryo picks??

I don't really see the point of that. Bullseyes are used for Oracle. It's not like it's automatic the sansho winner will be in the running for the yusho. especially in a game like Toto where you can have some off nights that really drop your total correct. I would say X picks should not count for the TB either. After all, it isn't actually a correct pick is it?

8 hours ago, Jejima said:

I got 8 points for my predictions of the Yokozunas. panda got one point. Susanoo got zero points. Would I really be MK if one or both of the Yokozunas had gone 12-3 or better?

In Ozumo, it is not too uncommon for at least one Yokozuna to pull out mid-way through a basho. Would my style of picking give me a big edge if/when that were to happen?

@Asashosakari is right. Using 8s for the Yoks normally cost you a lot. Only in the case of both dropping after the start does it help a lot. Even with only 1 at best it's a wash for you and only if the Yok in doesn't get much above 10. Hewing rigidly to 7 and 8s cost the most though. The only way to get the yusho normally is to at least get a few 6 and 9s to account for those rikishi going below and above that number. Too many of those, unless you are almost spot on, will cost you to though.

You'd be better off using 10 for each. It would hedge against one staying and still help if one or both drop. In the end though getting the MK/KKs right is most important. 

3 hours ago, Athenayama said:

I can't speak German so I can't play the German fantasy. Apart from that I play  on all the other games from the list.

I guess this should not be a problem. Go to the German Sumoforum Main Page and click on “Sprache“. In the menue you can change the language to English. Once you are registered it should be easy to make your picks in Kyushu Basho.

Ganzohnesushi

Chrome will offer to translate a whole page for you too. @Athenayama

17 hours ago, Ganzohnesushi said:

I guess this should not be a problem. Go to the German Sumoforum Main Page and click on “Sprache“. In the menue you can change the language to English. Once you are registered it should be easy to make your picks in Kyushu Basho.

Ganzohnesushi

@Ganzohnesushi I created my account thanks to you. I probably did not check that we could change the language. I am waiting confirmation by the group administrator. I hope to be a worthy opponent next basho !

On 24/09/2019 at 12:00, Ganzohnesushi said:

Ganzohnesushi

Thanks for the info! I have been playing Tipspiel for years and did not know that, but managed to play without knowing German.

BUT, I can't find "Sprache" to click it...

Edited by Oshirokita

10 hours ago, Oshirokita said:

BUT, I can't find "Sprache" to click it... 

It only appears on the registration page. For registered members, click on "Persönlicher Bereich" (top left), tab "Einstellungen".

However, I've just changed to British English and get lots of PHP and layout errors, so it's not advisable at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

It only appears on the registration page. For registered members, click on "Persönlicher Bereich" (top left), tab "Einstellungen".

However, I've just changed to British English and get lots of PHP and layout errors, so it's not advisable at the moment.

sorry.....english version is not maintained any more

4 hours ago, Gernobono said:

sorry.....english version is not maintained any more

It's ok, for non German speakers we'll try to manage as it is. At least we'll have an excuse for any bad results.

" It's not my fault, I blame the display in German !"   :p

Edited by Athenayama
mistake

51 minutes ago, Athenayama said:

At least we'll have an excuse for any bad results.

actually the english version was deleted to prevent pandaazuma from taking yushos 

• Haha 5

I do not speak a single word of German, yet the use of their forum is pretty straightforward. At the beginning I used Google translate for some unclear words, then I learned how to do

2 hours ago, Gernobono said:

actually the english version was deleted to prevent pandaazuma from taking yushos 

@Gernobono hahaha  I see where the biggest threat comes from now.

@Nantonoyama Pffff did you really have to say this? Now I can't use this reason anymore !  ;)

Chelseayama wants to start Bench Sumo. Can whoever add him to the database? @Jakusotsu   He already has a profile for the other games on that site so it should just be a case of adding him to the Bench database, right?

Also, @Takanorappa can you add him to the Mukade Beya roster?

Hope I have tagged the right people. Apologies if not.