Pandaazuma

New Takanofuji Scandal

At some point he himself was the inferior. Was he treated the same way? If one of my apprentices would constantly f up, i'd talk this through with my boss, that's how i learned it. Where does his behaviour come from? No excuse for him, just wondering.

2 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

The gogo-smile wide-show today had a resume of the case - with a reminder that last October, when he switched to Chiganoura-beya after his first violence scandal, then Takayoshitoshi had vowed he never again would exert violence, and he had sealed a written contract with the shisho that he would retire if he breaks the promise.

Then, Takanofuji's hiring lawyer, doing press conference, etc. look more in bad taste.  I am convinced he can't win his case unless he hires OJ Simpson''s lawyers.   

His best hope to stay in sumo would be to get his mole removed, kidnap his brother, and then try to take his place :-D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, robnplunder said:

Then, Takanofuji's hiring lawyer, doing press conference, etc. look more in bad taste.  I am convinced he can't win his case unless he hires OJ Simpson''s lawyers.   

He's probably using Takanohana's lawyers now.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Katooshu said:

His best hope to stay in sumo would be to get his mole removed, kidnap his brother, and then try to take his place :-D

I've heard that Takagenji refused the offer, citing his mole'd brother is less of a rikishi than him.   To me, it's better to have just one copy of Taka.  It will keep my wife from asking me, "did he just fight?"    I am tired of telling her that there are two of them.

Edited by robnplunder
  • Like 1

I was wondering what the process is for the selection of tsukebitos for various rikishis. I have no idea what the criteria might be. The pairing of Yoshikaze and Tomokaze would seem to be ideal. At the other extreme, having Takanofuji or anyone like him supervise an inexperienced trainee would at best be a mistake and at worst, as in this particular case, a disaster. 

I'm struggling to understand why it is so difficult to get ride of an unwanted rikishi and that is because i have no idea about their contract situation. If someone could clarify the points below i would be gratefull.
Dividing in 2, between NSK and Oyakata.

NSK:

1 - Do rikishi have a working contract with NSK and if yes, are they permanent employees or have temporary contracts like in other sports such as Football?

2 - Can't NSK just terminate the contract with the rikishi and pay the compensation? In case of a temp contract, they can pay the remaining months until it finishis and for permanent contracts, whatever the law says.

3 - Can NSK ban a rikishi to participate in the Bashos and therefore make him drop the salary ranks and help force a volunteer retirement?

Oyakata / Heya

1 - Is the rikishi an employee of the heya or Oyakata and therefore contracts can be terminated?

2 - Can the rikishi be banned from entering the heya and with this not allowed to train?

3 - Can the Oyakata submit kyujo for the bashos at his own discretion and therefore make the rikishi go down the rankings, out of salary level and to the bottom of the hierarchy at the heya?

Some of the above points would be considered harrasement at workplace in many countries and could lead to legal procedures. Don't know if the same happens in Japan.

Chiganoura-oyakata can submit the retirement papers to the Kyokai, if he wishes to (Futahaguro precedent?).

Since the press conference at the ministry on the 27th, Chiganorua-oyakata has no contact with Takanofuji and "He's not here", though the NSK has put Takanofuji under house arrest in the heya, after the violence incident became public https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2019/10/03/0012755331.shtml

• Like 1

Maybe he's out looking for a tabloid he can sell his sob story to.

• Thanks 1

The New Takanofuji Scandal begins to resemble a shotgun marriage of the Old Takanofuji Scandal and the Takanohana Scandal.

My opinion is that the punishment is excessive. I would like to see him back in Dohyo.

I think there would be a kind of poetic justice if instead of being kicked out he was banned for a year and then had to start over as a tsukebito.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, ryafuji said:

I think there would be a kind of poetic justice if instead of being kicked out he was banned for a year and then had to start over as a tsukebito.

Reincarnation as a tsukebito:  a little more Hindu than Buddhist, but I like the irony.

"I was acting like a major d* because everybody's d* in sumo"...yeah...good luck with that...

Takanofuji will declare by letter till the 11th if he will retire or not (and go to court eventually). His lawyer told the NSK, Takanofuji earlier had refused to appear with his oyakata at the NSK offices on the 30th and sent an SMS to tell that his lawyers do the interaction. http://hochi.news/articles/20191007-OHT1T50194.html

Chiganoura-oyakata repeatedly went to the apartment house where Takanofuji now stays, apparently together with others. Someone told him the location. He wants to talk to his still deshi, but gets no reaction and hasn't met him yet. "It's better to (retire and) get the retirement money." http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2019/10/07/kiji/20191007s00005000248000c.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Chiganoura should have sent a fax.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Posted (edited)

Chiganoura says he doesn't intend to one-sidedly retire Takanofuji. "I wish to interact with him and help him to make the move on his own., " he explained. Takanofuji is under house arrest but isn't in the house and the only interaction between them is through Takanofuji's lawyer, who refuses a meeting. "Why can't a shisho meet his deshi? I really want to seriously talk this over with him, " said a pleading Chiganoura Oyakata.

Tactic deja-vu? I wouldn't be totally floored if Takanohana is in the mix handing out instructions from the sidelines. (Let's not forget Takanohana sacrificed his career so Takayoshitoshimoshimoshi would be allowed to remain in sumo..)

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

Chiganoura should have sent a fax.

It's clear Takanofuji's fax off is a message...

On 30/09/2019 at 19:09, Asojima said:

He's probably using Takanohana's lawyers now.

And they have the unused material for the planned case of Takanoiwa suing  for damages for the kensho he didn't get (and more)

The lawyers have sent a notice to Chiganoura oyakata to stop molesting his deshi: "Refrain from calls to the mobile phone!". A meeting in person had already been refused by the legal team of Takanofuji. https://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20191010/sum19101005010001-n1.html

Maybe they plan to sue Chiganoura for stalking and the NSK for damages, for ruining the promising sumo career of Takanofuji.

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Akinomaki said:

The lawyers have sent a notice to Chiganoura oyakata to stop molesting his deshi: "Refrain from calls to the mobile phone!". A meeting in person had already been refused by the legal team of Takanofuji. https://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20191010/sum19101005010001-n1.html

Maybe they plan to sue Chiganoura for stalking and the NSK for damages, for ruining the promising sumo career of Takanofuji.

I guess it's fax on, fax off. (Beingninja...)

• Like 1

Damn. Way to slap Chiganoura in the face for actually still caring about your serial offender ass.

He keeps on digging that hole deeper and deeper... and his lawyers are probably laughing all the way to the bank.