Sign in to follow this  
Akinomaki

New recruits for Aki 2019

There was no news of new recruits before the the NSK posted pics from the shin-deshi kensa today - only 2 and they passed the initial test

EDbsl6WU8AEXses.jpg:thumbo EDbsl6NUwAAUXfC.jpg:thumbo  EDbrzUTVUAARtYC.jpg:thumbo

For Dewanoumi from Mongolia トムルバートル・テムレン Temuulen TUMURBAATAR (18, 180cm, 137kg) from Fukuoka Kibogaoka high, last year runner-up at the junior sumo world championships open weight category - "I want to become yokozuna". As foreigner he won't be in maezumo this time. http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20190902/sum19090217590003-n1.html

201909020000450-w1300_0.jpgo

Akinoshima was delegated to desk work - too small for this task ? - Mitoizumi did the measuring

96958A9E81818A99E3E2E6E5E38DE2E0E2EBE0E2E3EBE2E2E2E2E2E2-DSXMZO4932010002092019000001-PN1-2.jpgo

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

For Dewanoumi from Mongolia Temuulen TUMURBAATAR (18, 180cm, 137kg) from Fukuoka Kibogaoka high

Tumurbaatar started Mongol-zumo age 8, became attracted to ozumo when Asashoryu was at his peak, learned Japanese in middle school and then went to high school in Japan.

The other is 松崎龍之介 Ryunosuke Matsuzaki (18) for Tatsunami. He was pref. 3rd as member of the sumo club of Higashi Kyushu Ryukoku high and after graduation, because he loves cars (I sense a suspension in the future), started work in a automobile related company in Fukuoka pref. After 4 months he did quit the job and joined Tatsunami-beya, also because a high school sempai is there. "I want to aim for makuuchi and do my best". The rikishi of his aspiration is Chiyotaikai. http://www.nikkansports.com/battle/sumo/news/201909020000450.html

EDbrzUPUwAAXrLc.jpg:large

Edit: Fukuoka threw me off to Kitakyushu

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Since the mongolian recruit will not be maezumo this time, if there is no returnee from banzuke-gai, it is possible that only one guy will show up for maezumo. What happens in this case? A pairing against a jonokuchi rikishi?

1 hour ago, Akinomaki said:

For Dewanoumi from Mongolia トムルバートル・テムレン Temuulen TUMURBAATAR (18, 180cm, 137kg) from Fukuoka Kibogaoka high, last year runner-up at the junior sumo world championships open weight category - "I want to become yokozuna". As foreigner he won't be in maezumo this time. http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20190902/sum19090217590003-n1.html

Previous mentions on the forum, under a variety of name transcription attempts (I suspect the Kyokai may add yet another one):

2017 Kokutai:

On 06/10/2017 at 20:50, Asashosakari said:

The foreign names in the junior lineups:

Fukuoka: テムレン Temulen(?) 2-1

Interhigh 2017:

On 05/08/2017 at 16:37, Akinomaki said:

Asashoryu's nephew Byambasuren finished 2nd - from the Nittaidai Kashiwa high -  he lost to Tottori Jouhoku's Amarsanaa, both from Mongolia. The best 32 had 2 more foreigners, but the countries of origin aren't listed in the data - so the guess: Mongolia. Jamin, also for Kashiwa (next door when I'm in Japan), seemed more like Egyptian, but is also from Mongolia. He lost the 1st bout in the best 32 to Tomurbaatar Temuren (guess), who lost his next one - a name looking most Mongolian - Ulaanbaatar and Temujin included. Another Temuren was at the same Kibougaoka high in 2011.

@mikawa's high school banzuke for the 2018/19 year:

On 29/03/2019 at 23:33, mikawa said:

West Sekiwake - Tomurubaatoru Temuren (トムルバートル テムレン), Kibogaoka High School, Fukuoka

Temuren.jpg

-----

1 hour ago, Akinomaki said:

The other is 松崎龍之介 Ryunosuke Matsuzaki (18) for Tatsunami. He was pref. 3rd as member of the sumo club of Kitakyushu Ryukoku high and after graduation, because he loves cars (I sense a suspension in the future), started work in a automobile related company in Fukuoka pref. After 4 months he quit the job and joined Tatsunami-beya, also because a high school sempai is there. "I want to aim for makuuchi and do my best". The rikishi of his aspiration is Chiyotaikai. 

Higashi Kyushu Ryukoku, actually, in Nakatsu, Oita - I was going to say that "once took third place in a prefectural tournament" sounds like the kind of charitable comment they make about somebody who's going to top out at sandanme 70, but to be fair Oita prefecture is semi-decent at the high school level so maybe that's actually a meaningful result.

On the other hand, the mentioned sempai appears to be Kokuryunami, who..

On 30/01/2014 at 11:50, Akinomaki said:

Masahiro Okamoto (18, 177cm, 100kg) will enter Tatsunami-beya. He started sumo in high school: captain of the sumo club of East Kyushu Ryukoku High in Oita pref. Nakatsu city. He is from Fukuoaka pref. Buzen city.

...despite that club captaincy, has so far not gone beyond jonidan 20.

Edited by Asashosakari
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 02/09/2019 at 15:12, Nantonoyama said:

Since the mongolian recruit will not be maezumo this time, if there is no returnee from banzuke-gai, it is possible that only one guy will show up for maezumo. What happens in this case? A pairing against a jonokuchi rikishi?

Both new recruits passed the exam, Matsuzaki will do maezumo against (so far unnamed) returner(s) http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2019/09/08/kiji/20190908s00005000246000c.html

so we get no answer for the case this basho - also the sumo daijiten doesn't get into detail there

The DB doesn't help either - 1974 we had maezumo guys fighting jonokuchi - but in jonokuchi - there were not enough there instead

http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Query_bout.aspx?show_form=0&rank1=mz&rank2=jk

Edited by Akinomaki

NSK data:
SHIKONA KANJI NAME HEYA HEIGHT WEIGHT DOB BIRTHPLACE
Matsuzaki 松崎 Matsuzaki Ryunosuke Tatsunami 180 123 02 - February - 2001 Ibaraki
Tumurbaatar テムレン Temuulen Tumurbaatar Dewanoumi 180 137 07 - March - 2001 Mongolia

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Matsuzaki is now 豊浪 Yutakanami - he fought the 2 returners and won against both Asahimaru and Okuniasahi. Okuniasahi won the first bout against Asahimaru.

On 10/09/2019 at 21:07, Akinomaki said:

mini-maezumo has started

EED9UIRUUAAXMMc.jpg:thumbo EED9UIYUEAAW5dI.jpg:thumbo EED9UIVVUAAKggR.jpg:thumbo

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2

The Abema maezumo coverage from Miselet

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

The lonely shinjo shusse hirou of Yutakanami - in a kesho mawashi of Meisei

spo1909150015-n1.jpgo sum19091515370010-m1.jpgo

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 3

:-D

23 minutes ago, Yamanashi said:

Holy mackerel, this kid has some traps on him.  I thought he was wearing a hoodie!:-)

Traps of hokutofuji with the pecs of kagayaki!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tsuchinoninjin said:

:-D

Traps of hokutofuji with the pecs of kagayaki!

Yeah, I was thinking of Houtofuji when I saw him.

Just for completeness and as backup in case the other video sources go away:

Mz1   Okuniasahi (1-0)        Mz2   Asahimaru (0-1)
Mz3   Yutakanami (1-0)        Mz2   Asahimaru (0-2)
Mz3   Yutakanami (2-0)        Mz1   Okuniasahi (1-1)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1