Kintamayama

GTB Aki Basho 2019 - 98 entries , and RESULTS!!

On 19/08/2019 at 15:38, kuroimori said:

Just provided entry no. 96!

Just entered my feeble attempt which looked too straight-forwardy to be optimistic about the actual outcome, but it took me just about 20 minutes to enter, so, with that said, I am expecting a 4-11 result.

Dang! Just narrowly missed my 4-11 prediction. Off to Japan now for a one-week biz trip. 

Damn I finished with 70 points after two terrible showings for my first two times ! My goal was to finish kk this time and I exceeded it. Let's see if I can get a kk again next time !

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

As for the ranking, I hadn't looked in detail, so I had assumed 6 was the maximum possible score for some reason. Must look at it more closely. What is the highest score ever?

6+ scores:

6.182 Hamanoyama, after Aki 2002 (inaugural ranking list)
6.007 Hamanoyama, after Kyushu 2002
6.059 Hamanoyama, after Haru 2003

6.112 Asashosakari, after Haru 2014
6.102 Asashosakari, after Natsu 2014

6.049 Pandaazuma, after Aki 2019

There's no practical maximum score, although it's functionally capped by how well (or how badly) the average player does since that provides the scoring baseline. If one took the most recent 6 yusho winners' scores and added those up, that composite "player" would have a ranking score of 6.523 points.

Edit: There are currently 4 players above 5.800 points, as far as I can tell that has never happened before; the previous maximum was 3 players after Haru 2014 (linked above). Tough competition at the top right now...

Edited by Asashosakari
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 26/08/2019 at 16:24, Asashosakari said:

There's no practical maximum score, although it's functionally capped by how well (or how badly) the average player does since that provides the scoring baseline. If one took the most recent 6 yusho winners' scores and added those up, that composite "player" would have a ranking score of 6.523 points.

The maximum score is 84.  Could you recalculate on that assumption, instead of assuming the maximum score is the best anyone happened to do?

On 29/08/2019 at 20:52, RPedro44 said:

Indeed. Who the hell demoted Goeido and Tochinishin to Sekw?

You can actually answer this question yourself, the links on the shikona show all picks.