Bugman

What rikishi do you miss the most?

The michelin-man, the coolest rikishi ever, the godfather of fat, tovarish Anatolyiushku Valeryevich:

Ōrora Satoshi zeki!

288kgs of awesomeness!

And also Asashōryu...

• Thanks 1

I actually miss seeing Takanohana II compete on the dohyo. Also Mainoumi, the supermarket of techniques.

19 hours ago, Jabbamaru said:

The michelin-man, the coolest rikishi ever, the godfather of fat, tovarish Anatolyiushku Valeryevich:

Ōrora Satoshi zeki!

288kgs of awesomeness!

And also Asashōryu...

He just seems like a very playful and happy person. I hope he can get his weight down to a more healthy level and enjoy his life after Sumo.

Maybe not the most charismatic or loved Yokozuna but I would love to see someone like him again. Interesting story about a foreigners entry into Sumo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sumo_da said:

Maybe not the most charismatic or loved Yokozuna but I would love to see someone like him again.

Don't mistake "charismatic" for "amiable". When I started watching sumo, Akebono was the Yokozuna with an impenetrable aura of invincibility. Can't get much more charismatic than that. And yes, I dearly miss Akebono in his prime.

• Like 1

I miss Baruto.  He won the first basho I attended.  Also the powerful Terunofuji.