Sign in to follow this  
Rocks

Games Talk Nagoya 2019

Horrendous night all around except for ISP, but that was bound to happen as I've been doing pretty good, at least in the dailies.  Pre-basho is not good.

Oracle Day 11:

Leader: Pandaazuma
Gurowake -4
Norizo -5
Gansekiiwa, MechaJejima -7
Choshu-Yuki -11
Haidouzo -16

Well, I see Hoshitori is going. (Clappingwildly...) I'm not happy to be at 7-8 right now but given my lineup it's a miracle I'm not last.

Quick glance at the Masters. Gurowake is still projected to win with around 60 points. Norizo is around 50. Panda is around 40. There may be others doing well but I haven't looked so deeply.

23 hours ago, Rocks said:

Well, I see Hoshitori is going. (Clappingwildly...) I'm not happy to be at 7-8 right now but given my lineup it's a miracle I'm not last.

Yikes, I am sitting in dead last in Hoshitori. I gave the kyujo rikishi way too much value. Good thing I am ranked as Yokozuna in that game... :-)

2 hours ago, Oshirokita said:

Yikes, I am sitting in dead last in Hoshitori. I gave the kyujo rikishi way too much value. Good thing I am ranked as Yokozuna in that game... :-)

Same for me. All my pre-basho are pretty much dead.

Something I've never seen before in Tipspiel: only one single bet for Ryuden (including zeroes), and that bet goes for the maximum 5 points!

Ganbatte, chishafuwaku! (Signofapproval...)

1 hour ago, Jakusotsu said:

Ganbatte, chishafuwaku! (Signofapproval...)

Strike!!! (Applauding...)

• Haha 1

Oracle Day 13

Gurowake, Norizo -2

Gansekiiwa -5

MechaJejima -6

Haidouzo -11

Choshu-yuki -12

Nice one @chishafuwaku (Applauding...)

Man, I can't believe how bad my luck is in SG this basho. 

Oracle Day 14:

Norizo -1
Gurowake, MechaJejima -4
Gansekiiwa -6
Haidouzo -9
Choshu-Yuki -10

Gurowake can only beat the Panda if all six of the remaining open bouts go his way. Norizo is still very much in it with five open bouts. No one else can win it now.

There are a few other possible winners that I haven't been tracking. If I get the time later, I'll take a look at their chances.

Had a look at the Masters. It's a projected dead heat between Panda and Gurowake (57 points). Norizo and Konosato are close by with 50. I haven't noticed anyone else doing this well.

So it will all come down to the final day. Here are the games, in rough order of importance, that they need wins or a good day in:

Panda: Oracle, ISP, Bench, Juryo Game, Bingo, FS, SG, Roto

Gurowake: Quad, Oracle, Salarycap, Tipspiel, Roto, UDH, Odd

Norizo: Bench, Oracle, Toto, Quad, Tipspiel

Konosato: Bench, Toto, Juryo Game, Bingo, Tipspiel

Break a leg!

On the 13th day of the 5th Jusho

PITINOSATO scored the first  PERFECT LINEUP in DJSOG

well done my friend

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

Oracle Day 14:

Norizo -1
Gurowake, MechaJejima -4
Gansekiiwa -6
Haidouzo -9
Choshu-Yuki -10

Gurowake can only beat the Panda if all six of the remaining open bouts go his way. Norizo is still very much in it with five open bouts. No one else can win it now.

There are a few other possible winners that I haven't been tracking. If I get the time later, I'll take a look at their chances.

Well, you're right about one thing. I have no shot at the yusho.  Even after factoring in the matches which are already decided as far as points I'm still 5 behind you at the start of the night. Of the 12 that can still effect our score I think there are 2 which we differ on so I'm not catching anyone this basho. I'll be very happy to KK even.

But I don't think you'll be winning the yusho either, in fact I don't think anyone will be catching Wamhada.  You may be 3 behind right now but you start the night 7 behind when you factor in the already decided matches.  There are 12 that can effect your score and 11 matches for Wamhada, with a lot of overlap.  I didn't do Andrasoyamawaka2's but a quick look tells me he's in no better shape than the rest of the chasers. Norizo might be a little better than the rest. I didn't look at anyone else.

I expect Wamhada will not only win this but do so in a crushing manner, maybe even plus 6  points or more.

This wouldn't be the first time I changed my picks because of Murray Johnson to my detriment. This time it was swapping Abi for Ryuden.

4 hours ago, Rocks said:

Well, you're right about one thing. I have no shot at the yusho.  Even after factoring in the matches which are already decided as far as points I'm still 5 behind you at the start of the night. Of the 12 that can still effect our score I think there are 2 which we differ on so I'm not catching anyone this basho. I'll be very happy to KK even.

But I don't think you'll be winning the yusho either, in fact I don't think anyone will be catching Wamhada.  You may be 3 behind right now but you start the night 7 behind when you factor in the already decided matches.  There are 12 that can effect your score and 11 matches for Wamhada, with a lot of overlap.  I didn't do Andrasoyamawaka2's but a quick look tells me he's in no better shape than the rest of the chasers. Norizo might be a little better than the rest. I didn't look at anyone else.

I expect Wamhada will not only win this but do so in a crushing manner, maybe even plus 6  points or more.

Yes, Wamahada is going to win it. I may get jun yusho.

47 minutes ago, Sakura said:

This wouldn't be the first time I changed my picks because of Murray Johnson to my detriment. This time it was swapping Abi for Ryuden.

First rule of sumo gaming: Never listen to anyone but yourself! ;)

9 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

First rule of sumo gaming: Never listen to anyone but yourself! ;)

So, conversely, everybody should listen to me?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

So, conversely, everybody should listen to me?

Second rule: Don't give sumo-gaming advice to others. ;)

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

Second rule: Don't give sumo-gaming advice to others. ;)

Be wary of talking Pandas.

Wow, congrats to @Kintamayama on the ISP Yusho despite missing the last 4 matches. 10 jun yusho winners. Wild! (Applauding...)

Disastrous Juryo picks cost @Haidouzo the Toto Yusho. Tough luck Buddy. My sympathies. 

Damn! MK in Oracle, 7-8. Can't believe Wamahada lost. Congrats to Mariohana on the yusho! (Bigfish...)

48 minutes ago, Rocks said:

Wow, congrats to @Kintamayama on the ISP Yusho despite missing the last 4 matches. 10 jun yusho winners. Wild! (Applauding...)

What? I didn't check, I was sure I blew it like I always do- 11 straight wins, 4 straight losses. BTW, in my first ever ISP basho when it was still run by Dale Carlson, I entered on day 2 and got a 14-0 yusho..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1