Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Preparations of the Y/O- Nagoya 2019

"I'm in!" declares Kakuryuu, although he was injured a few days ago while training with Ryuuden. He rested these last two days and went for medical attention this morning. "I'm in better condition today than I was a few days ago. There is still time till the start of the basho. I'll rest till then.." he added. 

201907040000310-w500_0.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Kak looks well shifty here. ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

Kak looks well shifty here. ;)

I don’t know what that means but he looks like some random bum… lol. Kinda weird. If you showed me this picture and told me that was a yokozuna I wouldn’t believe it.

4 hours ago, ALAKTORN said:

I don’t know what that means but he looks like some random bum… lol. Kinda weird. If you showed me this picture and told me that was a yokozuna I wouldn’t believe it.

Shifty means like dodgy, cagey, a bit of a fly-by-night wide boy on the make.

3 hours ago, mt fuji said:

Anyone have any news about Goeido?

While I assume he remains the king of the keikoba, things have been oddly silent on him in the lead up to this basho! 

4 hours ago, mt fuji said:

Anyone have any news about Goeido?

His wish is to be the next winner of the Emperor's Cup. Nagoya basho starts on the seventh day of the seventh month - The Star Festival (Tanabata). His opponent on Day 1 is the last winner, Asanoyama.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Otokonoyama said:

His wish is to be the next winner of the Emperor's Cup. Nagoya basho starts on the seventh day of the seventh month - The Star Festival (Tanabata). His opponent on Day 1 is the last winner, Asanoyama.

Funny -- apparently Goeido wrote the same wish last year, but got the kanji wrong so he paid extra attention this time. Looks more or less ok to me, though I'd assume these are the kanji every rikishi should be able to write in their sleep : ) Wonder if he's also falling victim to the computer/smartphone era and forgetting how to write the characters like many other Japanese...

37 minutes ago, dingo said:

Funny -- apparently Goeido wrote the same wish last year, but got the kanji wrong so he paid extra attention this time. Looks more or less ok to me, though I'd assume these are the kanji every rikishi should be able to write in their sleep : ) Wonder if he's also falling victim to the computer/smartphone era and forgetting how to write the characters like many other Japanese...

Well well, the simplified forms are "优胜",easy to remember for sure. Unfortunately the Japanese prefer the traditional forms.

On 01/07/2019 at 11:14, Kintamayama said:

Hakuhou invited Asanoyama for degeiko a couple of days ago.  Asanoyama was terrified, but of course, could not say no. So today, he went over for some fun. 11 bouts (2-9), and during the 11th, he was knocked out by the Yokozuna.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Now that's a good line for the initial police interview:

"No, sir. I just tried to boost this car, the owner of which I am not acquainted with. [Note that my language capacity leads no existence outside of dictionaries of repute!]"

"Well, that sounds reasonable, if not philanthropic! You may leave at your leisure."

Edited by yorikiried by fate
A thief's clarification and funny head fart

Posted (edited)

Ah, I thought I might have missed some meaning of the word. I will correct the dialog.

[And: well yes, I wanted it to look like that, hence the GTA]

Edited by yorikiried by fate
confusion

3 hours ago, yorikiried by fate said:

"Well, that sounds reasonable, if not philanthropic! You may leave at your pleasure."

Shouldn't that be "at your leisure"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1